Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I had not stayed at a Premier Inn before and thought it was great.
I arrived just after 11 pm was greeted in a friendly manner and was offered a better room than I had been allocated to reduce noise and fresh milk for my tea.
The room was spacious, clean and well equipped.
Breakfast was excellent and the staff again extremely helpful and polite.
Can't fault the service and the location was excellent for central Manchester.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back quieter and then rooms at the top at the front. Window glazing very effective to r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Hello Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

It is always fantastic to read such positive comments from our guests, especially as this was your first experience of a Premier Inn. I hope that it will not be your last!

All the members of our team work hard to make all our guests feel welcome and to assist them in enjoying their stay as much as possible. It is great to know when we have achieved the high standards we set for ourselves.

All guest feedback is shared with the team, and I am sure they will be as pleased as I am with your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We spent one night at this well-located hotel earlier this month and enjoyed a faultless stay. We took advantage of the £29 per night promotion and it proved to be great value for money.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly and informative member of the reception team, who checked us in quickly and informed us about the free hopper bus service which stops outside the hotel. We were unaware of the free bus service prior to our arrival, so we we were really pleased to have been told about it as it saved us a small fortune that would have been spent in taxi fares for getting around the city.

The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. We enjoyed a perfect night's sleep and did not notice any noise from within the hotel or from the main road outside.

The hotel's popular bar is also worth a visit as it provides a good atmosphere and offers a good selection of drinks at reasonable prices.

If I ever need a place to stay in Manchester again, then the Premier Inn at Deansgate Locks will be my first port of call.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel so much, and benefited from one our fantastic £29 offers.

I am proud that you found the team to be so friendly and informitive, I look forward to being able to share such positive feedback with them.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The simple online booking, the text confirmation, the happy and informative check-in and being able to leave the car in the car park for a few hours after checking out. It was all great.
Nothing was out of place or wrong ... I could even watch the TV whilst relaxing in my bath - what great room design!!
The quality of the staff (all of them) and condition of the hotel made me feel very lucky that I had chosen this hotel pretty much at random from the handful of similar hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I am very pleased to read that you found your experience to be such a pleasurable one. All of our team work very hard to deliver as best possible service to our guests as possible.

I hope that myself and the team can welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed here in December 2011 and was quite disapointed,but thought we'd give it another chance.
The staff from management to housekeeping were friendly and very helpful, i noticed a big difference in customer service this time.
We requested a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the carpark, it made alot of difference from our last visit. Clean and cozy. Lovely food.
Good location for concerts,shopping etc.
We look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the carpark if you prefer quietness.
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The management team have been working very hard with our team members to ensure that we deliver a relaxing and enjoyable experience for all our guests. It is pleasing to know when we have achieved this.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Hotel is a short walk from City Centre & Deansgate station. Lovely room, good service and food. Would definitely stay here again.

Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at Premier Inn, Manchester Deansgate Locks.

The hotel is indeed well situated for all the fantastic amenities that Manchester has to offer, and I sincerely hope that you enjoyed some of these attractions.

All our team work extremely hard to deliver as enjoyable experience as possible for all our guests, and it is very encourging to hear when we have achieved this.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback with the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Remco Buckley

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Slightly put off by a few of the other reviews of noise - but this wasn't a problem at all. If noisy people happen to book the same weekend there's not much Premier Inn can do!
Back to the hotel.. lovely and clean like normal, bathrooms spacious and beds are huge and comfy. You know what you're getting!

The car park is massive, a lot bigger than I expected from the reviews. There is even an overflow - plus its FREE yes FREE parking for a city, which is just excellent. There is also a free shuttle bus just outside the hotel which again is brilliant.

Plus it's a 5 minute walk from Deansgate which is great to go out in. You can definitely walk from this hotel (might take 20 minutes for city centre) but can do. We walked back from Etihad which took about 40 minutes!

Will look to book here again next time we fancy a night out in Manchester.

Room Tip: Hope you're not next to noisy neighbours.. but don't blame that on Premier Inn!
1  Thank kmurphDerbyshire
Reviewed 11 June 2012

For just 29 pounds a night, you can't complain. Decent enough hotel, comfy bed. Bar was perfectly acceptable and popular. The only problem was the first morning, we were awoken at 5.30, by what sounded like someone playing with door handles....constantly! However,when we mentioned this on leaving.....they did say that we should have mentioned it sooner, but are going to refund us for the night.

Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that the hotel met your expectations in regards to our facilities, however, please accept my sincere apologies in relation to the noise of your door handle.

I will of course discuss this with our nights team to ensure that the behaviour of other hotel guests is monitored to ensure that problems such as this do not happen again in the future.

We do of course offer the Good Night Guarantee, and as such I trust that your nights stay was refunded in full. Should this not be case please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel or by direct message through Trip Advisor.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Remco Buckley