Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. The hotel was great and they catered to this event by providing information about transport costs and also kept the bar open late! Our room was facing the road but we didn't experience any issues with noise as some other reviewers have noted. Fans were available in the rooms but we left our windows open whilst out and this kept the room at a comfortable temperature. The room was fantastically clean and the bed was huge and comfy. Just what you want from a Premier Inn.

Would stay here again, my only gripe was the price increase during the gig (£140 for the room), however all the Manchester hotels were doing this so can't blame them.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The Stone Roses certainly resulted in the hotel being extremely full whilst you stayed with us, however I am extremely glad to read from your comments that this in no way effected the high standards that myself and my team aim to achieve for our guests. I am pleased also that you found the transport information we made available of use.

The fans that you mention are brand new and have been purchased for every room in the hotel to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. Additionally we have just had fitted a special "invisible" film to our windows that will also contribute to keeping rooms affected by direct sunlight cooler.

I trust that you also enjoyed the gig, we have heard so many great reviews from our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. good food in the restaurant and nice atmosphere in the bar. hotel is a little bit outside the city centre, but there is a free bus that can get you where you need to be

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the car park, as the other side is the main road
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am pleased to read that your stay was a pleasurable one, especially that you found my team to be friendly and helpful, which is of course what we aspire to achieve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had an exam early Monday morning and thought it wise to book accommodation.

I booked online and got a room for £29.00, I didn't expect much.........................

I was delighted, great staff and the room was way beyond my expectations, in fact I couldn't fault it in any way.

I had an evening snack
Burger fries and coleslaw with a diet Pepsi and was only £12.55. Excellent value.

The staff allowed me to leave my car there while I sat the exam and took the pressure off me finding parking.

Everything was brilliant and will definately use a Premier Inn again.

Marvellous value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Keith,

It is really pleasing to read such positive comments regarding your stay with us, and that you found the team so pleasant and accommodating, and furthermore you benefitted from one of our fantastic £29 room offers.

Our teams put a huge amount of effort in delivering such high standards to our guests whether it be in our bedrooms, reception areas or in the restaurant, it is always reassuring to read that we have achieved the high standards we set ourselves.

I hope that your exam went well, and hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

It's your usual premier inn, clean large rooms and very pleasant staff

Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank M2bfx

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your December stay. I am pleased you liked the hotel and found our team to be efficient and helpful.

I hope that we can welcome you back at the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here as we were up there to watch soccer aid which was a very enjoyable experience hotel was good clean staff were helpful and were even polite and arranged a taxi to pick us up anyone thinking of staying at a premier inn i would recommend it to everyone thanks

Room Tip: we had a nice spacious room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is always pleasing to read such positive comments from our guests, all feedback is shared with our team who will be very pleased by your feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future, so that we can again ensure you have such an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I've stayed here a few times now, most recently for a conference at Manchester Central, which is a short walk away. I found the staff friendly and professional, and the room clean and comfortable. Free parking is a bonus, and the location is great. I would recommend it if you're visiting Manchester and are looking for a convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I am extremely pleased that you love staying with us so much, and that you find the team so friendly and professional. The hotel is indeed well placed with the car park being a fantastic addition for a City centre site.

Please be assured that all guest feedback is shared with our team, who I am sure will be over the moon with such positive comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

I don't expect too many honeymooners to pick out this hotel, but if all you want is a bed for a handful of nights then look no further.

The stand out quality comes from the staff, who are extremely chirpy, friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, spacious and comes with all the expected amenities.

The location is just "okay", a 15 minute walk from the real hustle-and-bustle but also conveniently near quite a few Deansgate nightspots.

Only negative from our trip was the slightly wayward room cleaning - lots of forgotten bits and unfulfilled promises to return with teas, coffees etc. since the staff were generally so good, I'm happy to overlook things like this.

On the whole, 4/5 is probably a touch generous - but 3 would have been particularly harsh.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am very proud taht you have highlighted the quality of our team at the hotel, they work extremely hard to deliver such great experiences for our guests, and such positives comments from guests go an awfully long way to motivating them to continue these high standards.

Please accept my sincere apologies, however, for the issues you experienced regarding the housekeeping of your room. I hope that if you mentioned these to the reception team, they resolved them immedietely. Of course should you wish to discuss these issues further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel or through the Trip Advisor website.