“Very good, great parking, excellent staff”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Northamptonshire
“Very good, great parking, excellent staff”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great parking at this hotel. Staff are really helpful. We need space under the be for a mobile hoist we use for my disabled partner, we normally advise the hotels of this, but on this occasion we had moved from another hotel in Manchester who had let us down.

A great guy came and asked what we needed and while we had something to eat in the restaurant sorted the bed out for us. He can and asked if I wouldn't mind just checking it was OK as he was about to finish his shift and wanted to make sure we were OK before he went. In half an hour, he'd built a frame that raised the bed to where we needed it.Fantastic.

The disabled room is a little "snug" but without all the kit we have to take with us, would be fine if you are able to self transfer.

Well staffed busy restaurant meals and breakfast were well cooked and very tasty.

Would normally have marked down for the size of the room, but the excellent service outweighed that on this occasion.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time top review your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am absolutely delighted that we were able to accomodate you after being let down by another hotel, and even more delighted that my team assisted you to the extent that you describe in your review. I am proud to have such a customer focussed team, and assure you that I will pass on your feedback which I am sure will go a long way in motivating them to continue delivering to such a high standard.

I hope that my team and I are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Remco Buckley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. The hotel was great and they catered to this event by providing information about transport costs and also kept the bar open late! Our room was facing the road but we didn't experience any issues with noise as some other reviewers have noted. Fans were available in the rooms but we left our windows open whilst out and this kept the room at a comfortable temperature. The room was fantastically clean and the bed was huge and comfy. Just what you want from a Premier Inn.

Would stay here again, my only gripe was the price increase during the gig (£140 for the room), however all the Manchester hotels were doing this so can't blame them.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The Stone Roses certainly resulted in the hotel being extremely full whilst you stayed with us, however I am extremely glad to read from your comments that this in no way effected the high standards that myself and my team aim to achieve for our guests. I am pleased also that you found the transport information we made available of use.

The fans that you mention are brand new and have been purchased for every room in the hotel to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. Additionally we have just had fitted a special "invisible" film to our windows that will also contribute to keeping rooms affected by direct sunlight cooler.

I trust that you also enjoyed the gig, we have heard so many great reviews from our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Hull
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. good food in the restaurant and nice atmosphere in the bar. hotel is a little bit outside the city centre, but there is a free bus that can get you where you need to be

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the car park, as the other side is the main road
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am pleased to read that your stay was a pleasurable one, especially that you found my team to be friendly and helpful, which is of course what we aspire to achieve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Sutton in Craven
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had an exam early Monday morning and thought it wise to book accommodation.

I booked online and got a room for £29.00, I didn't expect much.........................

I was delighted, great staff and the room was way beyond my expectations, in fact I couldn't fault it in any way.

I had an evening snack
Burger fries and coleslaw with a diet Pepsi and was only £12.55. Excellent value.

The staff allowed me to leave my car there while I sat the exam and took the pressure off me finding parking.

Everything was brilliant and will definately use a Premier Inn again.

Marvellous value!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Keith,

It is really pleasing to read such positive comments regarding your stay with us, and that you found the team so pleasant and accommodating, and furthermore you benefitted from one of our fantastic £29 room offers.

Our teams put a huge amount of effort in delivering such high standards to our guests whether it be in our bedrooms, reception areas or in the restaurant, it is always reassuring to read that we have achieved the high standards we set ourselves.

I hope that your exam went well, and hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

It's your usual premier inn, clean large rooms and very pleasant staff

Stayed December 2011
1 Thank M2bfx
, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your December stay. I am pleased you liked the hotel and found our team to be efficient and helpful.

I hope that we can welcome you back at the hotel again in the near future.

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed here as we were up there to watch soccer aid which was a very enjoyable experience hotel was good clean staff were helpful and were even polite and arranged a taxi to pick us up anyone thinking of staying at a premier inn i would recommend it to everyone thanks

Room Tip: we had a nice spacious room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is always pleasing to read such positive comments from our guests, all feedback is shared with our team who will be very pleased by your feedback.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future, so that we can again ensure you have such an enjoyable stay.

Bolton, Lancs
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I've stayed here a few times now, most recently for a conference at Manchester Central, which is a short walk away. I found the staff friendly and professional, and the room clean and comfortable. Free parking is a bonus, and the location is great. I would recommend it if you're visiting Manchester and are looking for a convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I am extremely pleased that you love staying with us so much, and that you find the team so friendly and professional. The hotel is indeed well placed with the car park being a fantastic addition for a City centre site.

Please be assured that all guest feedback is shared with our team, who I am sure will be over the moon with such positive comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area for business or pleasure.