“So helpful and organised”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here during the Stone Roses gig and I was very impressed. The hotel had really laid on as much information and helpfulness as possible- could purchase ponchos, had number for taxis, details of gates and maps of free busses......was impressed at the effort.
Although the hotel was full to bursting the staff were friendly and attentive and this fortunately kept the crowd in a good mood.
They kept the bar open late and were serving food -although this did seem to stop aribtrairly which would be my only complaint.

Room was very clean and despite facing the ring road, suprisingly quiet.
Was very happy and turned out to be a good choice for places to stay during the busy weekend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The Stone Roses concert certainly did result in a very busy hotel, however, I am glad to read that this in no way affected the quality of customer service that we aim to achieve every day for every guest.

I am pleased that you found the additional information we laid on to be of use, this is something that we try to do wherever possible in the hope of making life a little easier for our guests especially when so many people are unfamiliar with the local area.

I am extremely proud to have such a customer focussed team at Deansgate Locks, and it is alwasy encouraging to receive as positive feedback as yours, which I of course share with them. I am sure they will be over the moon that their efforts in laying on extra information was also of use to you.

I hope that my team and I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Remco Buckley

I hope that yopu also enjoyed the Ston

Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Going to Manc to see Lady A at the Apollo. Stopping at this Premier Inn on Sunday night. Had a call from one of the staff yesterday (saturday afternoon) who advised me about the closure of many roads around Manc (Due to the sky ride?). Anyway she advised me of the best route in to avoid any traffic - what fantastic service, I have never had such a call to help me. superb service Premier. Had a brilliant experience with Premier at trentham gardens in stoke, this one sounds just as good, if this quality of customer care is a precursor to my experience in Manc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear Simon,

thank you for taking the time to highlight the great customer service that the team strive to achieve at the hotel.

It is our belief that great customer service does not just begin when the guest arrives to the hotel, if we are able to assist our guests such as with road closure information we will strive to do so.

I hope that when you do stay with us you find the customer service from my team to be to the same high standard. In the meantime if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to make contact.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great parking at this hotel. Staff are really helpful. We need space under the be for a mobile hoist we use for my disabled partner, we normally advise the hotels of this, but on this occasion we had moved from another hotel in Manchester who had let us down.

A great guy came and asked what we needed and while we had something to eat in the restaurant sorted the bed out for us. He can and asked if I wouldn't mind just checking it was OK as he was about to finish his shift and wanted to make sure we were OK before he went. In half an hour, he'd built a frame that raised the bed to where we needed it.Fantastic.

The disabled room is a little "snug" but without all the kit we have to take with us, would be fine if you are able to self transfer.

Well staffed busy restaurant meals and breakfast were well cooked and very tasty.

Would normally have marked down for the size of the room, but the excellent service outweighed that on this occasion.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time top review your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am absolutely delighted that we were able to accomodate you after being let down by another hotel, and even more delighted that my team assisted you to the extent that you describe in your review. I am proud to have such a customer focussed team, and assure you that I will pass on your feedback which I am sure will go a long way in motivating them to continue delivering to such a high standard.

I hope that my team and I are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. The hotel was great and they catered to this event by providing information about transport costs and also kept the bar open late! Our room was facing the road but we didn't experience any issues with noise as some other reviewers have noted. Fans were available in the rooms but we left our windows open whilst out and this kept the room at a comfortable temperature. The room was fantastically clean and the bed was huge and comfy. Just what you want from a Premier Inn.

Would stay here again, my only gripe was the price increase during the gig (£140 for the room), however all the Manchester hotels were doing this so can't blame them.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The Stone Roses certainly resulted in the hotel being extremely full whilst you stayed with us, however I am extremely glad to read from your comments that this in no way effected the high standards that myself and my team aim to achieve for our guests. I am pleased also that you found the transport information we made available of use.

The fans that you mention are brand new and have been purchased for every room in the hotel to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. Additionally we have just had fitted a special "invisible" film to our windows that will also contribute to keeping rooms affected by direct sunlight cooler.

I trust that you also enjoyed the gig, we have heard so many great reviews from our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. good food in the restaurant and nice atmosphere in the bar. hotel is a little bit outside the city centre, but there is a free bus that can get you where you need to be

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the car park, as the other side is the main road
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am pleased to read that your stay was a pleasurable one, especially that you found my team to be friendly and helpful, which is of course what we aspire to achieve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had an exam early Monday morning and thought it wise to book accommodation.

I booked online and got a room for £29.00, I didn't expect much.........................

I was delighted, great staff and the room was way beyond my expectations, in fact I couldn't fault it in any way.

I had an evening snack
Burger fries and coleslaw with a diet Pepsi and was only £12.55. Excellent value.

The staff allowed me to leave my car there while I sat the exam and took the pressure off me finding parking.

Everything was brilliant and will definately use a Premier Inn again.

Marvellous value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Keith,

It is really pleasing to read such positive comments regarding your stay with us, and that you found the team so pleasant and accommodating, and furthermore you benefitted from one of our fantastic £29 room offers.

Our teams put a huge amount of effort in delivering such high standards to our guests whether it be in our bedrooms, reception areas or in the restaurant, it is always reassuring to read that we have achieved the high standards we set ourselves.

I hope that your exam went well, and hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

It's your usual premier inn, clean large rooms and very pleasant staff

Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank M2bfx
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your December stay. I am pleased you liked the hotel and found our team to be efficient and helpful.

I hope that we can welcome you back at the hotel again in the near future.