“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #34 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here for one night before a long trip and couldn't have been happier. The room we were given was extremely spacious, with a huge bed (really, I don't think I've ever seen a double bed that big!) and everything was very clean. This budget hotel was of better value than the "luxury" hotel we stayed in on holiday! We were near the motorway, but the traffic didn't bother us at all. Staff were great and extremely helpful. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely positive review of your recent stay here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The hotel benefits from recently refurbished bedrooms, restaurant and bar area's, I am pleased that you were so happy with the bedroom and hotel facilities.

I am extra pleased that you found the staff at the hotel to be so polite and friendly, it is always very encouraging to hear such feedback, and I look forward to sharing your comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed here after the Olympic football. The hotel is approx 2 miles from the stadium so it's walking distance.

The bar is nice and modern they have a good selection of drinks. Car park is insufficient for the number of rooms but that could be because they are never fully booked.

Now then. The hotel is situated on a major road in Manchester. The mancunian way. This road never seems to get quiet!!! If you wake up in the middle of the night like we did, it's difficult to drop back to sleep.

The walls aren't very thick and the floors too. We could hear a person upstairs wandering around.

Overall, probably wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather pay a bit extra to get some quiet time.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise about the external noise levels that kept you awake. We encourage all guests to make a quick call to reception if they experience any problems during their stay, so we can endeavour to get them rectified straight away where possible. We potentially could have moved you to a different room, perhaps overlooking the car park or to a higher floor. Of course I appreciate this may not have been an option for you in the middle of the night.

The hallmark of our business is that we offer a Good Night Guarantee to all our guests where if they have not had a good nights sleep we will offer a full refund for their stay, I hope that you did mention your restless night to my reception team who should have then offered a full refund. If this was not the case, please do not hesitate to contact me direct at the hotel on 08715278740 (opt3) or by direct message through Trip Advisor so that I may arrange this for you and to offer my apologies in person.

We hope to see you again, please feel free to call the hotel prior to arrival, so we can pre-allocate a room on the top floor or overlooking the carpark.

Yours Sincerely.
surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here over a weekend whilst attending a wedding. Family room reasonably priced. Breakfast eat as much as you like was very good. There is a free shuttle bus near the hotel, which goes into manchester town. It was handy when we wanted to do some sight seeing. Overall a good stay. Friendly staff. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review about your recent stay with us. I will pass this positive feedback onto the team, who will be absolutely delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.
Weymouth, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed for one night in June as my daughter and I were looking round Manchester Met University the following day. When I booked I had no idea how near we were from Manchester Met so was really pleased to find it was a 5-10 minute walk from the Premier Inn and the FREE bus (think it is the No 2 Route) stopped right outside, so we used that to get there as I left my car in the car park which was no problem with the Hotel, then walked back, I would be a little dubious walking under the subway in the evening though but felt quite safe in the daylight.

We were greeted in true Premier Inn style, really friendly and the Receptionist, I think she was called Emma was really helpful telling us how to get to the Arndale Centre etc. Our room was facing the road but we didn't experience any disturbance due to traffic and it was busy.

We did the Meal Deal as I didn't know where restaurants etc would be in relation to the Hotel. The meal deal is great value for money and the food was a far better quality than I had experienced in one of our local A La Carte Restaurants back home the previous week.

The Hotel was clean and staff very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback following your recent stay here at Deansgate Locks Premier Inn with your daughter.

The hotel is well placed for the majority of amenities that Manchester has to offer within a short walk, of course for those a little further away are easily accessed with the public transport. The free bus service is a real plus.

I am pleased that you found the restaurant to be great value for money and of a great standard, this of course can only be achieved through dedicated and professional team members. All guest feedback is shared with the team, and I know they will be over the moon to hear that their efforts made your trip and enjoyable one.

I hope that your daughter enjoyed Manchester Met, and hopefully we will be able to welcome you both back to the hotel again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here during the Stone Roses gig and I was very impressed. The hotel had really laid on as much information and helpfulness as possible- could purchase ponchos, had number for taxis, details of gates and maps of free busses......was impressed at the effort.
Although the hotel was full to bursting the staff were friendly and attentive and this fortunately kept the crowd in a good mood.
They kept the bar open late and were serving food -although this did seem to stop aribtrairly which would be my only complaint.

Room was very clean and despite facing the ring road, suprisingly quiet.
Was very happy and turned out to be a good choice for places to stay during the busy weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The Stone Roses concert certainly did result in a very busy hotel, however, I am glad to read that this in no way affected the quality of customer service that we aim to achieve every day for every guest.

I am pleased that you found the additional information we laid on to be of use, this is something that we try to do wherever possible in the hope of making life a little easier for our guests especially when so many people are unfamiliar with the local area.

I am extremely proud to have such a customer focussed team at Deansgate Locks, and it is alwasy encouraging to receive as positive feedback as yours, which I of course share with them. I am sure they will be over the moon that their efforts in laying on extra information was also of use to you.

I hope that my team and I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Remco Buckley

I hope that yopu also enjoyed the Ston
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Going to Manc to see Lady A at the Apollo. Stopping at this Premier Inn on Sunday night. Had a call from one of the staff yesterday (saturday afternoon) who advised me about the closure of many roads around Manc (Due to the sky ride?). Anyway she advised me of the best route in to avoid any traffic - what fantastic service, I have never had such a call to help me. superb service Premier. Had a brilliant experience with Premier at trentham gardens in stoke, this one sounds just as good, if this quality of customer care is a precursor to my experience in Manc.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Simon,

thank you for taking the time to highlight the great customer service that the team strive to achieve at the hotel.

It is our belief that great customer service does not just begin when the guest arrives to the hotel, if we are able to assist our guests such as with road closure information we will strive to do so.

I hope that when you do stay with us you find the customer service from my team to be to the same high standard. In the meantime if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to make contact.

Northamptonshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great parking at this hotel. Staff are really helpful. We need space under the be for a mobile hoist we use for my disabled partner, we normally advise the hotels of this, but on this occasion we had moved from another hotel in Manchester who had let us down.

A great guy came and asked what we needed and while we had something to eat in the restaurant sorted the bed out for us. He can and asked if I wouldn't mind just checking it was OK as he was about to finish his shift and wanted to make sure we were OK before he went. In half an hour, he'd built a frame that raised the bed to where we needed it.Fantastic.

The disabled room is a little "snug" but without all the kit we have to take with us, would be fine if you are able to self transfer.

Well staffed busy restaurant meals and breakfast were well cooked and very tasty.

Would normally have marked down for the size of the room, but the excellent service outweighed that on this occasion.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time top review your recent stay with us here at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

I am absolutely delighted that we were able to accomodate you after being let down by another hotel, and even more delighted that my team assisted you to the extent that you describe in your review. I am proud to have such a customer focussed team, and assure you that I will pass on your feedback which I am sure will go a long way in motivating them to continue delivering to such a high standard.

I hope that my team and I are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.