“Very Friendly Service, Super HOT and LOUD”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #34 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Nottingham
“Very Friendly Service, Super HOT and LOUD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff at the premier inn in Deangate Locks were welcoming, warming, and could never do enough to help you. I was having a chat to one of the girls from reception in the lift as she was dragging an iron and ironing board to a room for a guest, i was talking about the heat in the hotel and she asked whether i was using my fan, i told her i didn't have one and she brought me one within half an hour.

Granted the fan was ineffective as you can't plug it in next to you in bed (no sockets) and the cord doesn't pass the desk. I stayed on the top floor overlooking the main road. It is very loud during the day but calms down at night, the windows are pretty effective at blocking out majority of the noise, but you can hear the trains as well.

The breakfast is amazing but because i was on my own, i was sat in the bar area instead on bar chairs, meaning i had to reach almost above my head to eat my food. I felt a little neglected compared to the families there.

The rooms are spacious as expected in a premier, and very clean. Decent sized TV but they do cap it at 25 on the volume which is just not good enough, (im half deaf) and with the noise of the traffic when you have the window open, you have no chance of hearing it (a shame as i stayed during the olympics)

I would say this is a good premier for them, EXCELLENT staff, but a few niggles could make a big difference if they look at them.

Free parking is a bonus, easy access to deangate and city centre, deansgate train station is only a 2 minute walk around the corner, WI-FI is typical, slow at peak times but usable. (£3 per 24 hours)

3 Night stay from (07/08/2012) double en suite room 433

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing the car park (away from the main road) especially those in a family or...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

Whilst I am really pleased that you found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, I really must apologise for the issues that you experienced.

The temperature of the bedrooms in hot weather is not unfortunately something we can fix quickly, as this particular hotel does not have air conditioning, however, we are currently researching various solutions to the problem. The fans were a recent acquisition to help with the temperature, however I do take your point in regard to the cable length, and is something I have now passed on to Head Office to correct for further roll outs. In regard to the television levels, this is something I tried in an effort to manage noise levels following feedback from other guest about loud televisions. I agree that on hindsight 25 was too low and have now increased the limit on all of the televisions.

I really am sorry for the issues you experienced, however, I can assure you all your feedback has been taken on board and where possible actions have been taken. I will definitely pass your kind comments about the team to them, and hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to deliver a better experience.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Hotel was very clean and staff very helpful, but none of us had a good sleep as there was no air con and the fan was ineffective. Opening the window is a problem as there is a lot of traffic noise. Free car parking was great though and it's easy to get to the centre of Manchester either by the free bus or walking. Loved the city and the people were just so friendly! Please install air con though!

Room Tip: Evidently the higher up you go the cooler it gets, so ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Deansgate Locks Premier Inn. Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to you not getting a pleasant nights sleep, as you found the temperature of the room to warm. I hope that you mentioned this to a member of my team in the morning who would of happily refunded the cost of your room under our Good Night Guarantee. If of course this did not happen please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel or through direct message on Trip Advisor, so that I can apologise in person and to refund your room in full.
We are currently investigating several options, to reduce the room temperature of the rooms in warm weather. Unfortunately air conditioning is not a simple solution due to the design & fabric of the building.

I am reassured, however, that you found the standards of the cleanliness to be high and the team helpful & friendly. I will ensure your feedback is passed on.

Kind regards.
Maryport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the deansgate locks premier inn for the second time this year and found it to be another excellent value for money hotel. The free car parking is a real bonus with the city centre only a 10 minute walk away. Our party used two rooms on the third floor overlooking the car park. We arrived early and the receptionist offered us ground floor roadside rooms. After reading trip advisor I asked for higher floor car par side rooms (quieter) and after a trip into town were given our requested rooms. Clean, spaceous and tidy rooms however they were very hot. We had to open the window and use the large free standing fan supplied for the duration of our stay. Even the corridors were vey hot. Overall this hotel offers excellent value for money and we will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooking car park
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn.

The car park is certainly a real bonus to this hotel, with parking at other city centre hotels limited at best. Another advantage is the free bus service that stops outside the hotel, which is ideal for those not wishing to walk or for trips a little further out.

I quite agree that the temperature in the corridors and rooms can get quite warm in the summer months, and is something that is being looked into, although this isn’t a quick fix. I am pleased that despite the temperature that you found the hotel to be such good value.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have stayed at this particualr Premier Inn several times when offers available. The location is ideal for accessing the city centre, car parking very useful and staff always helpful without beign too overbearing in a corporate kind of a way.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is good to know that you stay with us regularly, and always find the staff to be so friendly & helpful, without being overbearing. I will share your positive feedback with the team at our weekly meeting.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed for 1 night for Olympic football. Good position, easy to get to Metro 6-7 mins away, free bus to city centre right outside, friendly staff. Air con in the room would be nice. Restaurant a bit slow, but it was busy. 2 meals for £10 (lunch), 2 courses for £12.50 (dinner),both offers for certain dishes only. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Manchester Deansgate Locks Premier Inn. I hope that you enjoyed the Olympic Football game at Old Trafford.

Please accept my apologies for the slow service in the restaurant, however, I am pleased you still found the service of a high level and acknowledged the friendliness of the staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future where we will endeavour to achieve a Gold Medal standard that we aspire to .

Baldock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

stayed for olympic football & enjoy chill time in manchester.good reception,changed room as a little noisy at front.on ring rd.large superking bed,extra pillows,towels & all condiments.nice bar.free parking.free metro bus right outside which links with other free buses.tram & rail 5 mins down rd.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Remco_Buckley, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your short break in Manchester.

I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel facilities and found the service to be of a high standard, although you found your room to be slightly noisy from the road traffic, I am pleased that my team were able to move you to another room ensuring you had a pleasant and relaxed stay whilst at the hotel.

I hope that you enjoyed the Olympic football; the free bus service really does make planning these trips a lot easier.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on any future visits to Manchester.

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Recent business trip to Manchester and initially hesitant as drove through boarded up wasteland from Salford with the hotel housed in what seems a 70s office block, dont be fooled inside is bang up to date and modern. Limited parking at the hotel which is a big bonus too be advised to get there early as its first come first served.

Receptionist very helpful and once I realised how close to city centre contributed for a relaxing and pleasant stay, (within two minutes from Albert Sq, Harvey Knicks, Selfridges and Arndale centre) with loads of good bars and restaurants nearby.

My room very confortable, spacious and for a city centre location very quiet with a very peaceful nights sleep. Breakfast ok in a "seen it accross the UK kind of way" does the job. Overall would recommend a stay here without question.

Room Tip: Ask to be put towards the back over looking car park, much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Biriyaniboy B
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that once in the hotel you were very pleased with what you saw. The hotel as recently undergone an extensive refurbishment programme. You may be pleased to know also that the surrounding area's that you mentioned in your review, are due for major redevelopment works over the coming years which will of course improve the appearance of those areas for the better.

It is reassuring you found the hotel amenities and service to such a high standard. The team all work particularly hard to deliver the best possible experience for all our guests, it is great to hear from our guests that we achieved this for them.

I will of course share this feedback to my team, and hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel the next time you visit Manchester on pleasure of business.