“Good standard Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #33 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
“Good standard Premier Inn”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

A good standard Premier Inn, well located with handy on site free parking.

The staff were friendly and welcoming

Rooms were to a good standard and the bed was very comfy and HUGE!

Would defo use again

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madcowcarole81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed 1 night for a work conference in Manchester. It was a 10min walk to any shops, but the receptionist was very helpful with providing directions. I had dinner in the thyme restaurant onsite. I waited at the sign to be seated, looked around & eventually went to the bar to ask if I could have a seat. He informed me to wait back at the sign & they'd serve me there. When I went back, a lady was standing there, busy on the computer. She did acknowledge me, but it was ages before she asked what I wanted. It was a Wed night & an almost empty restaurant, so I laughed when she said she'd need to check if a table was free. I seriously thought she was kidding.

After much walking around, past multiple empty tables, she informed me I'd need to wait till she cleaned & prepared a table! Having just come in from the rain I was wet, & cold & just wanted to sit down. So I waited & waited & eventually was let to the table. Other than the initial minor issue & delay in being seated, the food was delicious. Reasonably priced & good portions.

My room was very clean & the bed was comfortable. 30min free Wifi is very handy too. The shower head did blast out & I wasn't able to adjust the flow at all. I opened the net curtain on the window to have the whole thing- curtain & rod, fall off onto my head. The rod wasn't attached to the wall or secured in place, the rod simply fits via tension between the window sill, so luckily I was able to put it back in place.

I was on the 3rd floor, but I could head the traffic noise outside from a main road, despite the double glazing. I could also hear people walking up & down the creaky hallway on my floor & the one above. Luckily I was very tired & got to sleep quickly.

I'd stay again due to the friendly staff & comfy bed 5/5. For noise factor & distance to shops 3/5. Overall a pleasant stay with some minor issues.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed in the hotel for two nights and chose it due to the price, plus it wasn't too far away from Manchester Arena which is where I needed to be. You can get there in various ways like the Metrolink or the free Shuttlebus if you don't want to walk. (It didn't take to long on the Metrolink or Shuttlebus, can't remember exactly how long though.)

The staff were great when checking in and went into detail on pretty much everything! From dinner, breakfast to internet and their good night sleep guarantee.

The only problem I had at this hotel was when I bought a 24 hour code to use the internet.
It worked fine when I activated it and when I got up, but then it stopped working... I left it for a while and it still wouldn't work, so I rang reception who put me through to customer services.
They went through some things and said to try again in 15 minutes, which I did to find it still didn't work...
I thought then I'd leave it because I didn't want to be a bother contacting reception again haha!
Thankfully though it did start working again just a couple of minutes later and that was that. =)
Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights whilst attending a wedding elsewhere in the city centre. Cannot fault our stay. Great sized room for a Premier Inn. Huge bed! The bathroom was a tad on the small side but that's just being picky. Free car parking which was great. The bar and restaurant were very reasonable too. Friendly, helpful staff.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Durham
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great room with a very comfy bed, in a good central location to the city and friendly staff. Free parking in the hotel car park for guests was a nice bonus too! I'd recommend it if you're visiting Manchester; in a great place to see some of Akse P's street art - the Breaking Bad character, Jesse, is just across the road around the corner from Christopher Walken!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wales, UK
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed one night and as I was at a conference and then going for a meal, checked in on line. I had booked a double room. When I arrived at the hotel late evening, I was informed I had a twin room. When I told the receptionist I had booked a double I was told that no doubles were available. I asked for a quiet room ideally on the top floor and was told that only a room on the first floor was available,. This room was directly overlooking the main road roundabout junction and the noise from the road was incessant. The window was not double glazed to sound proof. I slept very poorly and when I told the receptionist this in the morning she advised me that I would be refunded the cost. Over a week later and I have not received any notification from PI that this has happened. Room was clean and well furnished - nice to have a bath, but the road noise levels would put me off staying again.

Room Tip: Avoid road side
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
york
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here after booking Palace theatre for wicked. Hotel Central everything within a 15 walk although there is a free shuttle bus outside the hotel to take advantage of all the manchester attractions. Free parking...............brillant up till 8.00pm on your departure day is great...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo