“Lovely staff - great room - great location :)” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #34 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff - great room - great location :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am always worried about staying in a city centre hotel on a Saturday night - well I need not of worried when I stayed here. My husband and I were greeted by the most friendly, helpful and happy receptionist; we were assured that it would be quiet and night and reminded of the good nights sleep policy. We stayed on the 3rd floor and I was worried about traffic noise as I am a country girl - but again I should not have worried as the room is secondary glazed. The bed was HUGE (superking) - a little firm but still s good nights sleep. Parking was easy and free!
The hotel was very close to 5* - but one or two minor things prevented it - the wood work in the room would benefit from touching up and the plug in the sink was dirty.
The staff were certainly 5*. A short walk pleasant walk to the city centre - I will not hesitate to book again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah K, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Jody S

Thank you for your review and feedback I am very pleased to hear you had a restful stay with uis and were taken care of.

I am sorry to hear you had concerns with the wood in your room and also the bathroom. If you could give us a call on 0161 2389500 and let me know your room number I will pass the information over to our maintenance team.

I have passed your comments about the bathroom basin to our housekeeping team for you. When you stay again please call reception team and will we assist with any concerns you have straight away for you.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to speaking to you.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
flintshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

One night stay for concert at the arena.We usually stay at the premier inn printworks but it was full so this was next nearest with free parking .Free bus to the city centre including the arena every 10 minutes from right across the road.Bus finishes at 7 pm and as the tram stop at the arena is closed for improvements we had to get a taxi back for £7.Had a room overlooking car park and it was very quiet.Breakfast excellent as always.Finally a word on the staff.What lovely people with the lady maitre'd at breakfast so genuinely concerned that everyone was happy with things.A mention too for Coumba on reception who welcomed us so warmly with a big smile and a lovely personality.I always say the team is only as good as the manager so well done to the manager for running a great hotel.

1 Thank ritchieFlintshire
Dear ritchieFlintshire,

Many thanks for your review and I have passed your comments to Diane our breakfast lady and also to Coumba. They are both very proud to hear you felt cared for and had a sincere welcome.

I personally thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Staines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent service, clean rooms and very comfortable extra large beds! The breakfast seemed a tad expensive but when I saw the choice and all I could eat and how good it all was it ended up a bargain! The staff are amazingly helpful and smiley! Right opposite is the number 2 free bus service to town centre which runs in a loop non stop until just after 7pm but rememmber you have to flag the bus down! You have to use your room card to operate the lift which made me feel very secure as non guest couldn't get up to the rooms..great idea.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jowhyStaines
Dear jowhyStaines

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Breakfast as you say is good value with the range and choices we have available and I am pleased to hear you were impressed.
I will pass your comments to our teams and look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgte Locks again in the future.

Kind Regards.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

All staff were very friendly - a credit to Premier Inn - the rooms were clean and well maintained. Booking in advance gets the great price of £29; now my two children are both 16+, a family room won't do, so we get two rooms, and it's still cheaper than many other hotels. As others have said, this hotel is in an excellent location: right next to the inner ring road (but not noisy), so easy to each, especially from the south, it's only a short drive to Old Trafford or the Trafford Centre, and only a 15-20 minute walk into the heart of Manchester (there's a free shuttle bus up to 7pm).

The internet was supposed to the free for 30 minutes, but actually it was free all the time as part of a trial - very welcome, as I use the internet for checking local attractions, restaurants, shopping and cinema, so half an hour isn't enough.

The breakfast was fine, but I think it's too expensive - indeed, it rose in price between booking and our stay, and I hadn't paid in advance; for the 4 of us this was £35 per morning, which I think is too much. Of course, it was better value before the children turned 16 as they ate free.

I hadn't been to Manchester for many years, I was very impressed by how much it has developed, we all really enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Usamah_London

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am glad our teams took good care of you. I will pass you comments to our teams.
We have recently upgraded our breakfast range after guest feedback and research to offer a wider range to our guests. When you stay again speak to us about our meal deal offers as we always have competitive offers available to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Halifax. England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were welcomed with a smile, and nothing was too much trouble.the room was large, clean & tidy and the bed was huge and really really comfortable. It was the perfect base for our stay in Manchester, a 10 - 15 minute stroll into the heart of things. The next time we plan a visit to Manchester we will definitely stop here and at £29 we would be mad not to.

Room Tip: Fourth floor very quiet.
Dear donnahalifax

Thank you very much for your feedback and review. I will pass you comments to our teams. I am very glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

From the moment we booked in at reception until we left,we could not fault the service provided.We have stayed at a number of Premier Inn's around the country and this outshines them all.Would recommend

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear V-man62

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I will pass this to all our team members. Wonderful to hear you had a top stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.
Many Thanks again.

Broughty Ferry Dundee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

With a Premier Inn I have found you can always expect a clean room and decent breakfast at a reasonable cost. This one was no different and I would not hesitate to stay there again were I to have to travel to Manchester.

Room Tip: Remember to check if central heating is on because we were awakened during the night and it took us...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DEar DCM1a

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased to hear you found us dependable and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

We now have air conditioning in every room and reception team are able to remotely control the temperature in guests rooms. If you have any difficulty with the system in the future please call reception and a team member will always help you.
However I will pass you feedback to our maintenance team for investigation.