Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #33 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Satyed here just for one night on a Friday, the room was very clean and well presented,
Although my room was a roadside room with the windows closed I couldn't hear the road and had a decent nights sleep in a comfy bed with comfy pillows.
Staff were friendly and it was located within 5 minutes walk of restaurants and take aways. Would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Sarah K, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear BogCal91,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback after your stay with us.

We have worked hard following guest feedback around road noise and have installed secondary glazing to our road facing rooms. I am very glad to hear it is working well.
Very glad to hear you found our beds and pillows comfy for you and your room to great standard.

I will pass your feedback to all our teams for you. They will be very pleased to hear you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Yorkshire England
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A very enjoyable stay, easy to get to and has its own car park. Good food, friendly helpful staff and a bed so comfy I wanted to take home. This was my first stay in a Premier inn but it wont be my last.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jax64,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and review after your stay with us.

I am so glad to hear you found our teams helpful and welcoming and your room to good standard.
We have had lots of guest feedback around our beds and pillows and worked hard to ensure they are comfy for our guests.

I am very glad to hear you had a good nights sleep.

Thank you again for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Kindest Regards.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my girlfriend, as needed somewhere to stay for my final qualification exams that were held near the centre. Location was easy to get to and the car park was pretty empty at the time of arrival (website says limited, but think generally enough room to park!).

Greeted with a friendly smile from a very enthusiastic member of staff. She made check in easy and directed us to have a break before unpacking by having some complimentary squash that was laid out at reception.

Rooms were clean and reasonably spacious, with a very comfortable bed. Decor was nice and consistent with the theme of the hotel chain. Rooms were reasonably quiet, still could hear people in corridors - of which there are signs informing people to be quiet. It was generally quiet though, so not complaining!

Price wise, always seem to be disappointed as can never-ever find a room for the £29, no matter which premier inn I look for or whatever date I choose. Seeing that rooms can be found for this price does leave the £160-odd cost for 2 nights feel a little annoying.

Would we stay again? Yes, it was a nice hotel, the location was great for where I needed to go (and for South-Central Manchester in general) and staff very friendly. I just hope you can be lucky enough to pick a night that is £29!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jsearle88,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and some good feedback after your stay with us.

I am very glad to hear your welcome was warm and friendly and you received a high level of service from our reception teams.

I am also very glad to hear you found your room to be of great standard and had a restful night with us.

We do have rooms available every day from £29 but they are subject to availability and they do sell very quickly. I would recommend booking at least 8 weeks in advance. Also if you register and sign in when you book then you will be able to receive notifications when £29 rooms have been made available across the country helping you book.

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to contact us for more info or check out our web site.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A very enjoyable stay, on a main road but close to tram and buses and you can walk into the city centre. The fact that this hotel has its own car park is a bonus and once there we did not need to car as it is easy to get around in Manchester. The staff are very helpful and you can get a good breakfast which is not included in the price of the room and they also do deal meals and you have to pay extra for wifi. The area around Deansgate is currently under construction due to the regeneration of the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lesleyannbarlow4845,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found travel around Manchester easy from our hotel. Our reception teams are available 24 hours a day and have lots of transport information available and can book taxis for our guests too.

When you book your next stay with us you can book a bed and breakfast stay on our website, you can also pre book your meal deals. The meal deal is any two courses from our evening menu plus a drink from the bar, alcoholic or non, and our Premier 'all you can eat' cooked breakfast. Kids also eat breakfast free when an adult books the meal deal.

Yes as you say the area around our hotel is being modernised and it's very exciting to see all the new buildings nearing completion. I am happy to say this work has not disrupted our guests in any way and we never hear any building works from our hotel.

I hope this information helps you. If we can be of any more assistance please don't hesitate to contact a member of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A very enjoyable stay, All the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. Really good quality food served in the restaurant and good value. Although there were closer hotels within the city center to where i was going the fact that this hotel was the only one with its own car park made it the ideal location.

The only negatives i would raise regarding this hotel would be the speed of the lifts which took forever to arrive (it was quicker to walk up and down the stairs) the doors of the lift would also open whilst it was still moving. There was also build up of dust on the tops and backs of the wall fittings in the bathroom.

Overall for a short stay value hotel in the center of Manchester you could not do much better than this hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff who worked over the weekend 11-14 July 2014 for their part in adding to a very enjoyable weekend in Manchester

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Loiuse G,

Thank you for your review and good feedback after your stay with us.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found all our teams helpful and welcoming. I will pass all your great comments to our teams on your behalf they will be very pleased to hear you felt taken care of and you found our restaurant to be good quality and with great service.

Thank you for the feedback around our lifts I have passed this on for you. That weekend was very busy and our lifts work over four floors so at peek times they can seem slow. I am concerned however with what you have mentioned around the doors and I have taken this very seriously and will investigate for you.

I have also passed your feedback around your bathroom to our housekeeping team for investigation.

Once again thank you for great feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Deansgate again in the future.

Kind Regards.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we booked three rooms for my daughters graduation... only £29 per room ! very clean, friendly staff, not the best location when looking out of your window (busy roads) but ideal for nipping into centre and a walk away from station

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Louise H

Thank you or your review and feedback after your stay with us.

I am glad to hear you found your room to great standard and our teams friendly and welcoming.

As you say we are located at the bottom of the city centre but we have worked hard to stop noise from main roads by installing secondary glazing to all road facing rooms.

Nest time you stay please speak to a member of our reception team as there are free local buses that will take you from our hotel to the top of Deansgate by the Arndale shopping centre.

Again thank you for your review and congratulation on your Daughter's Graduation.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

stayed for 2 nights to have a weekend away to celebrate my fiancé's birthday and our engagement, we had a great weekend, our bed was a little uncomfortable but staff were absolutely amazing. Especially Diane Chantelle and Columba. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Annie Cherry H,

Thank you for your review and congratulations from us all on your Engagement.

I am very glad to hear you had a good stay and all our teams were welcoming. I will pass your feedback to them for you and Chantelle, Diane and Coumba will be so proud to have a name mention.

I am sorry to hear you struggled with your bed, please can you give the hotel a quick call or email with your room number so our housekeeping team can investigate on your behalf.

Again thank you for your review and good luck with your wedding.

Kindest Regards.