Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
US$125
Doubletree
US$125
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
US$127
US$115
1,936 results
All reviewsstayed herecar parkcomedy storemeal dealbusy roadminute walkold traffordmain roadall you can eatpalace theatrefree shuttlefamily roomgood nights sleepbridgewater hallair conmanchester city centrebars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've stayed in quite a few Premier Inn hotels as I find them great value - particularly when you can get a rate of just £29! But the rooms are also very well equipped and laid out and I like the fact that there is always an eating place next door.

Of all the Premier Inns I have stayed in, this is by far the best. The staff at check in were very friendly and helpful, the room was lovely, very clean and well presented and there was free wi-fi (usually £3 in the Premier Inns I have previously stayed in).

We decided to go for the meal deal at £23 - you get a 2 course meal and a drink (pint or a glass of wine or a soft drink) - it was brilliant value as we could pick anything at all off the menu (one of the meals was over £15). We both had prawn cocktail (really lovely) and rump steak. Now here was where we encountered our only problem - the waitress asked who had rare steak (me) and who medium rare (my friend). However, it was not until we had started to eat the meat that we realised she had given us the wrong ones. We told the waitress this and she asked us what we wanted her to do, but without giving us any options! In the end I said I'd keep mine and my friend's was returned for further cooking (not replacement!). Of course this meant the (free) peppercorn sauce was cold by the time it was returned (it took ages and needed a reminder), but they did a good job and we enjoyed the meal, being so full that we couldn't eat the pudding that we'd intended to have for another £2 each. Oh if you are eating there, you MUST up-grade your chips, they are the most gorgeous chips we have ever had! The breakfast was very nice but we were still full from the meal the night before.

The room was very hot and we both woke during the night. It was too noisy outside to have the window open but we put the air conditioning on and that sorted the problem.

We caught the shuttle bus into Manchester on the first day, it is a great facility, and went shopping for a couple of hours. Then on the second day we again caught the bus but this time got off at the Coronation Street Tour ... very disappointing, would not recommend I'm afraid.

The hotel is great. I would definitely go back to it, we could not fault it at all. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had room 110, a twin bedroom on the first floor. It was great. Apparently there is a policy of some sort re room allocation for ladies, particularly those travelling by themselves and we really liked this idea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tateypan
Sarah K, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Trolleylumps,

Thank you for taking the time to give us an amazing review but also some good feedback that we can pass to teams to better our guests experience.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and I will pass your feedback from your evening meal to our restaurant manager. I am very pleased to hear you both enjoyed your meals with us, and thank you for giving us good feedback so we can look to improve.

All Premier Inns have a single female policy and this is set in place to secure guests safety and security, this is also adhered to when we are allocating rooms for arriving guests. I am very happy to hear you found this reassuring during your stay.

Thank you again for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very nice hotel, staff very cooperative and friendly. When booking, mentioned that I had a hospital visit and if possible would like a quiet room. They fully cooperated to my request.
Room was quiet, enough lighting, could have done with an iron.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Debbie L,

Thank you for your review and feedback.
I am very pleased to hear you were made to feel welcome and cared for during your stay.

When you stay again please call to our reception if there is anything you require. Reception is available 24 hours a day and we have extra towels, teas, coffee and irons and ironing boards available for collection.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good value for money weekend break as usual with Premier Inns, Very helpful and pleasant staff. The location was fine about 15 mins walk into Picadilly gardens and the main shopping areas. free shuttle bus outside the hotel if required, we used once due to the fact it was raining. Ideally located for visiting The Comedy Store, about a 5 minute stroll from the hotel. Once again well done to Premier Inn

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nadolirugby,

Thank you for your review and great feedback after your stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our teams welcoming and helpful.
I will pass your comments back for you.

Again thank you and kind regards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

When you stay at this hotel, you will be conveniently placed for visiting the city knowing that you will be extremely comfortable in your remarkably clean and well-designed bedroom, in tranquil and very peaceful surroundings. You will receive a very warm welcome from the staff and you will feel relaxed and cared for. We rate this hotel very highly and will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sheila M,

Thank you very much for your review and really great feedback.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

I will pass all your comments back to our teams they will be happy to hear you found all teams welcoming, your room to great standard and your stay restful.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was not ultra modern, but good value for money.

The staff that served breakfast were the most friendly I have met and would highly recommend the hotel on this point.

Free Wi-Fi was included, but had some limitations however there is an option to upgrade to paid Wi-Fi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear rclason,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our basic wi-fi is free at all times for your guests, this is suitable for general surfing and emails.

As you say if guests wish to use the wi-fi for games, larger downloads or films there is a charge for the faster connection. We are consistently looking for ways to improve our service to our guests and I will feed your comments around the wi-fi back for you.

Thank you for your review.

Kind Regards