“Friends birthday meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Went last week for a friends birthday meal.. Service was excellent by staff and good value drinks offer on cocktails before 7pm. However food menu was very bland and not much of a selection to offer... But I will say when food did come it was very nice.

1  Thank Brian N

Reviewed 6 April 2014

loved the menu, the street food platter was enormous and I particularly liked the halloumi. 3 rd visit since Christmas and can never finish what is on my plate, delicious the next day too

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a drink in the oh so trendy and loud bar - nice cocktails although I didn't feel the need for the jam jar... Then we went upstairs to dine. As a large group of us went we had ordered platters of food beforehand. These arrived promptly when we said we were ready to eat and there was plenty of food and a good selection. The food itself was okay, the best being the BBQ chicken wings, some of the meat was a little dry but the different combinations of bitesize bits were good to try a bit of everything and made the meal more sociable. The music was too loud so was hard to catch up with friends but friendly staff.

1  Thank lovetripsaway
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have been here twice now and the whole experience is most enjoyable. Friendly staff that explain what you are about to eat and tasty cocktails to wash it down with. Well worth a trip!!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having tried to get into Almost Famous for food on Saturday night (we were told there was a 2 hour wait), we made the decision to go to Lucha Libre.

When we walked in we were told that there would be a 40 min wait but as the bar looked very welcoming in we went.

We ordered cocktails which come served in Jam Jars with straws, not my cup of tea, use a glass and stop trying to be too cool for school! Anyway we were just starting our drink when our table was ready.

We ordered the nachos with pulled pork and BBQ wings to share as a started then 4 burgers.

The BBQ wings were good but not very spicy at all the nachos on the other hand…WOW…..

I don’t mind hot food, but if your not a fan AVOID!!

The burgers were good, but again one of our party said it was too spicy for her, I could not comment as after the nachos I could have eaten the Sun without feeling it!

Bill for 4 with 3 rounds of cocktails was £110.