“Nice food, nice cocktails and quirky surroundings”
Review of Lucha Libre - CLOSED

Lucha Libre
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice food, nice cocktails and quirky surroundings”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Really liked the look of this place, nice and quirky (the lampshades in the ladies are amazing!)

Went with a group of ten who covered near enough the whole menu! the food was great! everyone was really happy! the jalepeno fishcakes went down a treat as did the pulled pork quesidillas (delicous) one small point is that the burritos had a bit of a kick, for kids or people like me who cant really take any spice they were a bit much so i'd order some sour cream! but everyone else though they were great

Love how some of the drinks came in little jars!

Would for sure go back! one small point is that the burritos were rather spicy, for kids or people like me who cant really take any spice they were a bit much so i'd order some sour cream!

1 Thank Cheryl M

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place - will be going back soon!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went with family for birthday celebration 5 adults and 3 children - excellent place to eat made us and children very welcome. Great choice of food and drinks waitress took the time to explain the menu to us. Fabulous service, really pleasant waitresses and waiters. Very good value and nothing too much trouble. Definitely go back- excellent day!

York, United Kingdom
“Won't be going back in a hurry”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went to Lucha Libra recently for a lunchtime meet up with friends but I was distinctly underwhelmed by the food offerings. Ordered veggie chilli and one of my friends ordered the beef chilli only for the waiter to come back 5 minutes later to tell us that they'd run out of chilli. When we asked which variety, he said "both". This is a Mexican restaurant and it was a Saturday lunchtime. How could they run out of something as obvious as chilli? The replacement stuffed pepper which I was persuaded to order was very poor. The pepper shell was hard as a rock and it had been stuffed with something akin to soggy breadcrumbs. Whatever it was, it was unpleasant and I sent most of it back. The other guests commented on the fact that I had eaten so little of the meal but the waiting on staff didn't even acknowledge it. Perhaps they are used to taking unfinished meals back to the kitchen? I won't be back in a hurry and wouldn't recommend you visit this restaurant.

2 Thank spaghetti16
“Lovely tequila cocktail average burrito”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went for late weekday lunch. Great service, cocktail recommended was spot on when asked with my preferences given. Starter guacamole lovely. Fish burrito ok. Shared chilli brownie and ice cream for dessert which was delicious.

2 Thank FairydustG
Manchester, United Kingdom
“mixed experiences but great food/drinks”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to lucha libre 3 times now and each time there's been good and bad points.

First of all the food is really tasty, fresh and not your typical tex-mex style. The Cali steak burrito, the hot wings and belly pork tacos have been some of my favourites! The cocktails are great and the tamarind water and jarrito sodas are yummy! The service is usually good, the door host is very friendly and attentive.

However, there have been a few slip ups. On one Friday night, me and my partner were seated upstairs and in fairness it was really busy, but the service was lacking and it was hard to get a waiters attention. The atmosphere upstairs is not as good as downstairs so if you can, ask to be seated there!

Also, orders have been wrong on two occasions. Both times we haven't complained because they were only minor and not worth kicking up a fuss over. Firstly, there are two cocktails with very similar names - 'the heart' and 'the harp' - however they are very different drinks! with it being busy and loud I understand that it's easy the mishear but you should clarify which one you're asking for - otherwise instead of getting a fruity cocktail you'll get one made from guiness and whiskey which is not to my taste! possible a name change might help? Another mistake was made when I asked for the veggie burrito without the cheese (went vegan for lent) but after taking a few bites there were bits of feta in there. I'm not sure if I simply got the wrong order or the fillings are pre-mixed but if they are you should be forewarned. however I didn't find it to be a major issue, I just picked the cheesy bits out - otherwise really tasty!

Despite these qualms, I'll most likely return because there's so many other things of the menu I have to try!