Abbey Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Manchester
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb byogurtchoice of cerealsfluffy towelsfirst floorcomfortable bedcomfortable stayon arrivalbuffet breakfastgood nights sleepexcellent stayold trafford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay here and the room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The cooked breakfast, including, tomatoes with herbs de provence was delicious! A very friendly place indeed and the room,bathroom and house were immaculate and a pleasure to stay in.

The photo does not show the lovely leafy avenue that is at the side of the house. This is a lovely part of Manchester with wide leafy avenues.

We enjoyed staying in this lovely Edwardian house.

Room Tip: If you like good old fashioned comfort and service, this is the place to go!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank love2travel887125
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was far and away the best B&B we have stayed at. Heather and family are there for your every need but leave you to enjoy your break in peace. We arrived quite late on the Friday night but that was no problem for Heather who gave us a warm and informative reception. We were very pleased with the room (no.1) which is nicely furnished and has a lovely power shower. The quality curtains made the room nice and dark and the bed was fantastic giving us a comfy sleep which was much needed after a 4.5 hour drive in the rain. Not having the fuss of a cooked breakfast was just right although they are quite happy to provide one if you ask. There was a bountiful selection of food and drink for breakfast to suit every taste.

Abbey Lodge is very good value for money and is located only a short walk from the tram line which takes you straight in to the City. Chorlton is a great place with plenty of one off shops, galleries, and restaurants. We made sure to book up again before we left as we already have withdrawal symptoms from the lovely time we had there.

Thanks for everything Heather - see you in December!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidP364
chorltongirl, Owner at Abbey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again-in December if not before!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

From 11 to 13 May 2012 I was on an Ashtanga yoga workshop weekend in the nearby Hindu Temple and Abbey Lodge was recommended along with Premier Inns and other hotels. I am so glad I chose Abbey Lodge as from the moment of walking through the door I felt like I was staying at a friend's house rather than a hotel group. I stayed on the ground floor in room No. 1 which was huge (imagine the size of a suite) with a double bed, two comfy armchairs, table and two side chairs. The TV had a built in DVD and in addition to tea and coffee making facilities in the room Heather provided Kit Kat treats too.

After our Friday night yoga introduction I brought back fish and chips to my room, popped in a DVD and slapped on a face mask - pure bliss! Saturday night I nipped into Morrisons and picked up a hot meal and cake for dinner. There are nearby restaurants, less than five minutes walk away, but after an exciting and exhausting day I just wanted the space of my own room.

Heather leaves out breakfast cereal and fruit on the first floor landing so if you're an early riser (I was up and eating at 7.15am), the availability to self serve is brilliant. She has thought of everything you could need and it's all included in the price. I would not hesitate to recommend Abbey Lodge to visitors, and I hope I can find another reason to travel from south east London to Chorlton again this year, because I'll be sure to go stay here.

Room Tip: Room No.1 looks to be the largest and it's on the ground floor - helpful if you've a heavy suitcase.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JulesMackenzie
chorltongirl, Owner at Abbey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Room 1 is generously sized but Rooms 3 and 4 are both slightly bigger. You may like to try another room next time in order to compare! I hope you weren't too exhausted after such a strenuous yoga weekend and that you will find a reason to visit us again. Heather

Reviewed 7 May 2012

What a lovely and welcoming establishment. Heather was both friendly and professional and the lodge was presented excellently. It was our first stay at B&B for a very long time, normally we stay for a shorter period and in a hotel. Heather's lodge was better than most hotels. It was ideally situated ony 10 mins walk from the metro link and Chorlton's metropolitan centre. It is also well serviced by bus and taxi and only 10 mins way from the city centre.

Heather provides a lovely continental style self help breakfast and offered to get anything else we wanted by arrangement but shuch was the variety of choice we did not need anything. Her rooms are loveley, well cared for and serviced each day.

All in all a great stay and we will certainly book again. The Manchester Museum of Science and Industry and the Quarry Bank Cotton Mill in Styal are a must for any visitor as are the many other attractions Chorlton and Manchester have to offer. You really couldn't do better than to have Abeey Lodge as your base and home while you are there.

Well done Heather and her family :o)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David S

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I aim to make every guest feel at home and attend to their individual needs. I am pleased that you appreciated the choice offered at breakfast and that we are happy tto provide anything else you may like. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are next in the area. Heather

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Abbey Lodge is a wonderfully welcoming place to stay. Heather couldn't be a more helpful and charming host. Room 2, a single room, is comfortable and spotless, with a wonderful shower and lots of towels. Breakfast is right outside the door; fruit and the makings for coffee or tea are always available. The location is good: across the street from a bus stop into Picadilly, a short walk to Barlow Moor Road and buses to Didsbury; the stop for new tram into Manchester is a few feet away.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RetiredinDC
chorltongirl, Owner at Abbey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I hope you had a good trip home and will come again soon. I will have your room ready for you. Heather