“Good standard, clean and friendly”

Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Northumberland
“Good standard, clean and friendly”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed here as we were attending a wedding near by. We have used Premier Inn before and found this one not quite as good, maybe this one is older than the others we've used. The room was still clean and spacious. The staff friendly.
The pub next door was good, plenty choice, reasonably priced and again staff were very friendly.
Everything was fine with our stay, no problems. Will continue to use Premier Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The room is modern and clean, though the tv is a bit old it did work as expected. The room is very basic, a nice big bed, but no mirror or chair at the dressing table. The bathroom was clean, though once the door was closed it showed where the floor had not been cleaned so well. It was a nice hot shower with free shower gel.
I was woken very early by the traffic queuing at the traffic lights just out of my window and to the left. The second night i used earplugs!
I imagined the breakfast to be buffet style. But it was cooked to order. Unfortunately it was served in the hotel, it was next door in a pub. Breakfast was extra on top of the room price.
All in all, for the price i paid (over £100 for 2 nights B&B), i think it was pretty average.
The reception staff were good, they were discreet by not displaying the room number when passing my key, and they were courteous each time they saw me.
There's not much going on as there's only rooms in the hotel... no bar, pool etc.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

You get what you pay for.. it was clean and the staff were friendly. i would stay again

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed here Fri 20th May because some of us from our room and another room,were off to a concert(Roger Waters)while a few from the other group and my room went into town to do other stuff,e.g.the cinema. Firstly when we arrived we were greeted on reception by Dave & Kath,who were both so welcoming, warm and friendly.The rooms were very clean & I had my first full nights sleep in months! So I would say the beds are extremly comfortable!Every member of staff we met,was polite & proffessional but also very warm & friendly.Nothing was too much trouble for anyone.We had breakfast on Sat morning,which was great value for money,considering its an all you can eat buffet,with a huge variety of cereals,fruit juices,fresh fruit & cooked english breakfast! Diana,who took orders for the cooked food,was attentive to everyones needs.And again so friendly.There is nothing to fault this lovely place & we all said we would much rather book into this Premier inn,when we come back to Manchester,than one nearer to town.Our weekend was made much more pleasant with our stay here.Thank-you to all the lovely staff here.We look forward to seeing you all again!!!

Room Tip: We were situated at the back and found this quiet
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jules0528
Swmintongm, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
I would like to thank you on behalf of all of our team for your wonderful comments on your stay with us. We always try to provide all our guests with a high level of service and I am thrilled that on this occasion we exceeded your expectations. It is really nice to receive praise on a job well done and I will pass your thanks on in person to every member of the team. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My husband and I stayed here even after reading several reviews and found the hotel staff to be lovely,professional and curtious. We dined in the pub and were dealt with by the manager rocky who we found to be very pleasant, attentive and dealt with anything we asked, she was even able to advise us as to where to go in Manchester. I would recommend a stay here if coming to Manchester. Excellent staff at the hotel and a pleasant visit and meal in the pub. Would come again

• Stayed November 2010
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Check in was swift and friendly. The room was basic, with no air con. Although the bed was a double, there was only one easy chair in the room. Why? If two people were in the room, wouldn't they want a seat each? The bed was comfortable and I slept OK, but not brilliantly. The TV was CRT and not flat screen, but it did have the full range of Freeview channels.
The bathroom was basic but adequate, with ample towels and extremely hot water. Soap was provided in a dispenser by the sink or in the bath. The shower was efficient and lots of hot water.
I had breakfast which was taken in the pub next door. Lots of food and the breakfast appeared to cooked to order.
This is an OK hotel, but I paid more here than I paid for a Holiday Inn last week and that had leisure facilities!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2009

For a very reasonable price, given it was the week of a big Conference, I had a quiet and comfortable stay here. Handy for the centre (c.£6 in a taxi) but a Sat-Nav might be need to find it. The room was well equipped and spotlessly clean and the only time we heard anyone else was on the Saturday night when there was a wedding party in (even then we were not disturbed). I would ask for a room on the garden side rather than the pub side, mind you. The pub attached to the hotel served decent meals, although the service there was not as friendly as in the hotel itself. It is not the Ritz but I thought it was pleasant and I would not hesitate to go back there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2009
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that your stay with Premier inn was a good one.. It is good to know that our hotel, service and restaurant facilities met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to Premier Inn in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Heaton Park) Hotel
Park View Residence
#73 of 117 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel? Share your experiences!