“Nice Hotel”

Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel to attend an event in Manchester. The hotel is right across the road from Manchester Central Convention centre, which was where our event was being held. We arrived around 2pm and were checked in efficently. The hotel check-in was automated with the help of a receptionist, which I thought was a bit cold, not very personal. We went up to our room and found it to be large and comfortable. The bathroom was fairly small and both rooms were very clean. The room had good air conditioning but this switched off automatically at night.

The only problem that we had was that we had no hot water. We went to the girls at reception and informed them and we were immediately given another room but this had the same problem. Another empty room was tried and this also had no hot water. After investigation it was found that there was no hot water in any of the rooms. There was nothing we could do, so we went out for a bite to eat and when we came back the hot water had been sorted. This was very good as it was bank holiday weekend and there was no maintenance on site. We thought that this problem was dealt with very efficently.

The hotel is very well placed in Manchester, within easy walking distance of the main shopping area and some very tasting eating places within china town. The hotel had a bar area but we didn't use this and we didn't have breakfast. Overall a pleasent stay in a clean, well presented and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,786)

Reviewed 4 May 2011

Very clean, all around. Plus the breakfast food was first class, as were all the staff. The cleanliness of the room/bathroom was top notch. Thanks for a very enjoyable superb value for money stay. Ideally located for the Opera House and Oxford Road Station.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, it was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

A nice comfortable modern premier inn, with nice bar and breakfast area.
In a good location, G mex. 10 minutes stroll to shopping centre, if that.
Nice quite location, staff fine. Well worth the £29 for the room.
Breakfast good value at £7-99. Would consider this hotel strongly on our
next trip to Manchester as the high end hotels can be expensive.
Highly Recommended at the right price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Comfortable, clean and modern, en-suite room. Basic facilities, friendly service. Location is excellent. At 29 pounds for a one night stay - very good value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The check in staff were happy to help with the automatic check in machine and the restaurant and bar staff had the right balance between friendliness and efficiency.
The sound of the air-con in the bedroom was noticeable in the dead of the night but apart from that everything was good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I stayed on the Premier Inn Manchester Central on a business trip, booking the room plus meal deal of 3-course dinner and breakfast. The dinner was OK standard, could have been better but not bad for the price. The breakfast was really good, much better than I remembered from previous stays at other Premier Inns.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. What they excelled in was making a lone female business traveller feel comfortable and secure. I am quite confident but dining alone is not a comfortable think for me. I was brought a newspaper to read at dinner whcih made me feel less conspicuous. 3 courses in one hit is a bit much for me so I asked if I could have the main course at the table and take the starter and dessert to my room. This was done without fuss and very nicely presented. It meant I could do some work in the room, watch TV and relax with a late supper. My room was close to the lift so I did not have to wander about, this made me feel more secure.

The room itself was very nice, large windows with a nice view of Manchester roof tops. There was a comfortable chair (I hate having to sit on the bed to watch TV!), the bed was super comfortable as usual for Premier Inn, everything really clean. The room was a bit cold but there was a small heater which sorted it out. I was at the back of the building so very quiet.

All in all, one of the best Premier Inns I have stayed in, and I am a fan.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast, it is a really good standard.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2011

It was only £29.00 a night for me, wife and daughter to stay the night. I chose this hotel as it was near china town and also canal street where the gay bars are. Me and my family visited the gay area and found it to be a fun and loud place to visit. The hotel was very nice the beds where comfortable and the rooms had air con. The only criticizes I have is the lack of parking which their are none. The parking offered is at a close by NCP car park with a small discount but still would cost £13.00 plus. There is a close by car park called first street car park that cost £8.00 which is stituated on the over side of the canal behind the hotel and takes about 4 mins to walk. i would recommend this hotel to you if you want a comfortable nights sleep with out a hugh dent in your wallet.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family