Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
  • Pool
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
  • Breakfast included
1,893 results
All reviewsbridgewater halltable tablecosta coffeetram stoppalace theatreoxford road stationbudget hotelminute walkexcellent locationair conncp car parkfamily roomgood nights sleepmeal dealcomfy bedreception staffwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a really good.. few days at this Premier Inn hotel. Rooms clean and comfortable. inviting bar area and excellent breakfast.

Really well located in the centre of town and opposite a tram stop. Staff were really friendly and helpful. highly reccommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stayed for one night on a Saturday whilst attending a show at the MEN, so we only wanted somewhere to rest our heads. Have stayed in several Premier Inns before so I knew what to expect. The room was clean, well kept and very comfortable. There was little internal or external noise and we had a good nights sleep. The price we paid (£74) was very reasonable. A walk to the shops in the centre of town was about 5 -10 mins down the road so a good location.
However there were a few niggles. The first being that they have started charging for the use of a credit card. I have never had this before at a Premier Inn. The staff were unsure about the charge and merely advised me to use a debit card.
Secondly, we asked the staff how to get to the MEN arena. Was told "trams go every 2 minutes from the centre of town". However this was not true information and we were nearly late for our show as ended up having to walk, as the trams were not nearly as frequent as that.
The other niggle was over breakfast. Firstly we were told wrong info over the breakfast times, staff told us they served till 9.30 when it was 10.30. I asked for continental breakfasts for me and my friend. I have these every time I go to a Premier Inn, at a price of £5.25. I was told they don't do them here and we would have to pay £7.99. I said I only wanted cereal and fruit and I was not going to pay £7.99 for that. The member of staff looked annoyed and said that she "would do it this once but would probably get into trouble!" Not exactly pleasing the customer are they?!!!
If I stayed again in Manchester I would probably go to another Premier Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel to attend an event in Manchester. The hotel is right across the road from Manchester Central Convention centre, which was where our event was being held. We arrived around 2pm and were checked in efficently. The hotel check-in was automated with the help of a receptionist, which I thought was a bit cold, not very personal. We went up to our room and found it to be large and comfortable. The bathroom was fairly small and both rooms were very clean. The room had good air conditioning but this switched off automatically at night.

The only problem that we had was that we had no hot water. We went to the girls at reception and informed them and we were immediately given another room but this had the same problem. Another empty room was tried and this also had no hot water. After investigation it was found that there was no hot water in any of the rooms. There was nothing we could do, so we went out for a bite to eat and when we came back the hot water had been sorted. This was very good as it was bank holiday weekend and there was no maintenance on site. We thought that this problem was dealt with very efficently.

The hotel is very well placed in Manchester, within easy walking distance of the main shopping area and some very tasting eating places within china town. The hotel had a bar area but we didn't use this and we didn't have breakfast. Overall a pleasent stay in a clean, well presented and friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Very clean, all around. Plus the breakfast food was first class, as were all the staff. The cleanliness of the room/bathroom was top notch. Thanks for a very enjoyable superb value for money stay. Ideally located for the Opera House and Oxford Road Station.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, it was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

A nice comfortable modern premier inn, with nice bar and breakfast area.
In a good location, G mex. 10 minutes stroll to shopping centre, if that.
Nice quite location, staff fine. Well worth the £29 for the room.
Breakfast good value at £7-99. Would consider this hotel strongly on our
next trip to Manchester as the high end hotels can be expensive.
Highly Recommended at the right price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple