“Good location, friendly staff.”

Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #23 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
South Yorkshire
“Good location, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Friday and can't fault it really. I can see why one reader put that the glazing in the windows is quite poor however we must have been lucky with the location of our room as we were away from any outside noise.

The staff were very friendly both in the hotel and in the adjoining TableTable restaurant. We had dinner in the restaurant on the Friday night (it was too wet and we were too lazy to go looking for nearby restaurants so we stayed put!) which was lovely and great value for money. We had breakfast in the hotel too and there was lots of choice.

Full English breakfast was buffet-style but the staff were more than accomodating and offered to cook us poached eggs, porridge etc if we wanted.

The hotel is in a good location with only a couple of minutes walk to the nearest Metrolink stop.

For just over 50 quid for two adults this was a great choice for a quick over-nighter in Manchester!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
UK
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The Hotel has such poor qualtiy glazing that even on the fith floor every noise from the street carries. Car, trams, drunks shouting, alarms, you name it. As this place offers a 'good night guarantee' I called reception (calls charged at 10p per minute), however, since the noise is outside, they felt unable to help. For £100,- for a family room I had expected better.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank demandingtravelleruk
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Midlands
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Right, I may have been spoilt with my previous choice of premier inn's ... but this is the worst one I have ever stayed in and what is odd is I can see that this goes against other reviews.

There is parking - although it is an NCP car park and costs £18.40 for 24 hours parking.

There looked to be a nice restaurant on site, but as a women travelling on her own (to a hotel that supports the Susie Lamlaugh trust), I was surprised that they would not do room service (unlike other premier inns I have stayed in)!

Simple things were frustrating because they had not been thought through ... such as hairdryer's and straightner plugs do not plug into the sockets above the dressing table because they are too close to the dressing table!

There was no bath - just a shower, which I found odd for a Permier inn, plus, I had forgotton my shower gel and there was none in the dispenser. In fact, the shower I thought had seen better days!

I was bitten ... and I think someone was playing bowls in the room above.

I also found that the trams going on (what felt like late into the night) was not ideal! At the front of the hotel - you certainly could here it!

On the whole ... convenient because of the confrence centre ... but I paid £139 for the room and felt it was overpriced for the quality of the room!

I would look for another hotel if I was to go to Manchester again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night as I was attending a conference nearby.

the hotel is very easy to get to with ample parking and the metro train running directly outside. It has a fitness first gym, costa coffee and a bar

god location, great beds, no city centre noise and good price!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here a couple of times over and back to city games. We usually stayed in the other premier inn but this was coming in cheaper so booked here. And from now on wouldn't stay anywhere else in manchester. Food was fab and v cheap. Hotel staff so nice and hotel spotless

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank rachelc88
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Hotel services, facilities and cleanliness were excellent for the budget. Hotel staff were friendly.
Restaurant- not particulaly fit for purpose- the quality of food is there but no one is there to serve you...

• Stayed October 2012
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We picked this hotel for an extended family weekend in Manchester. We found the staff very helpful when asking for bus, tram, and train timetables. The tram stops outside the front door and the train station is across the street. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. My only criticism is that I think breakfast is over priced, but lunch and dinner are great value for money, both with a great range and are very tasty. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Our family was spread put over 3 floors, and all rooms were clean and quiet.