“Car parking is not great”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #22 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 November 2013

No car parking is available and you have to park in NCP down the street which is expensive. The cost for one night was £12 so you should factor that in when making your reservation if your looking for a cheap night away. Everything else is good and what you would expect from a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review following your stay.

As you say we don't have our own car park but are conveniently situated right in the City Centre. Close to each of the Train stations and also the bus depot.

If you are driving we have 5 City Centre Hotels and 2 of them have their own personal car park. These are Manchester MEN and also Manchester Deansgate.

If you do stay with us and have parked at the NCP car park which is located a few minutes walk away. In order to receive a discount simply hand your car park ticket to reception and they will stamp it for you. So when you return to the car park the machine will automatically include the discount.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Having stayed at Premier Inns now several times we were a bit disappointed with breakfast on our first morning. There was not enough staff to keep on top of everything and consequently things were running short, cups, and the like. Also unlike other Premier Inns you can’t get a cappuccino at breakfast only the usual “conference” coffee. Apparently because there is a Costa next door. Apart from the breakfast the first morning it was up to the usual standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review following your stay. I have passed your comments onto the Table Table restaurant manager to address the issues you mentioned.

I'm sorry the breakfast let your stay down but I hope the rest of the Hotel facilities were as you expected.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Did not compare to other premier inns I've recently stayed in. Had to transfer to a different room on arrival as first one was appalling! Horrible, black/dark stains on the bath and walls and bed was really messily made! Room decor was very dated, definitely needs a revamp!!! Second room wasn't much better, bottom of the bath was stained an discoloured, put me off the idea of having a bath or shower! Fan extractor in room was very noisy, kept me awake for a while. Most of the television channels had no signal and their wifi is obviously free because it doesn't work. Besides the downfalls, it was convieniently located in the city centre though. Wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SGrandfield

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay. I'm sorry that we didn't meet with our normally high standards.

Can I trouble you to email me on dorene.mcdavid@whitbread.com with your room numbers so I can personally check the rooms and fully investigate the issues you had. Before any room is put on for sale our housekeeping check the rooms and ensure they meet our brand standards. Re the TV stations we've recived no other complaints so again the room numbers will let me check if this is a room issue. As all tv's work off the one system. Again please accept my apologies.

I look forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed at this Premier inn on Tuesday as i was attending a concert in Manchester. Got back to the hotel to find the bar closed at 11! I have stayed in a Travelodge in Manchester where the bar stays open until 4 a.m. After attending a concert it's nice to relax back at the hotel over a couple of drinks, no chance at this Premier inn!
Bar gripe aside, room was a decent size and clean. bed was very comfortable, breakfast was great value for money. Biggest plus point was the quality of the staff. Everyone was friendly, polite and helpful, a real credit to the Premier inn brand. No wonder Premier inn are so highly rated..........now if only the bar was open a little later!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I hope you enjoyed your concert.

My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest have the best possible stay with us. I have an amazing team here who all enjoy making the guests feel at home so I'm glad that comes across.

I'm sorry the bar was closed at 11pm. The restuarant is operated by a separate General manager and I have passed on your comments to her. Because of our location and closeness to numerous bars and restaurants the bar tends to close before midnight.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two nights as part if my birthday present. We arrived late as we were going to old Trafford first and so checked in well after 10. The check in machines gave us an error message so we spoke to the guy on hand and handed over our booking form. He asked if we had tried to book a triple room despite the form clearly stating double and he had to go back and forth to another room before eventally resolving and giving us our keycards. The room was tidy and comfortable however the carpet on the bathroom side of the bed was soaking wet for no reason. It dried upas our stay ended and wasntwasn't too much of an iissue. If you drive you get discounted parking however I'd try and find somewhere cheaper to park. We got a whole £3.60 off parking which still cost us over £30. A little disappointing when our room for two nights was well over £100. The location is good, right next to the tram stop and we didn't use the restaurant or bar (overpriced). If I was to return to Manchester I would for somewhere that includes parking as this wasn't ideal.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. We hope you enjoyed your birthday.

I'm sorry you had an issue checking in. Can I trouble you to email me on dorene.mcdavid@whitbread.com with the room number you had. So I can check if there is an issue that caused the wet floor or if it had been from the previous guest dropping something.

As you say we are very centrally located and we have a tram stop across the road at St Peter's Square. We don't have our own car park but if you use the NCP across the road we offer a discount. Simply give your car park ticket to reception and they will stamp it so your discount is applied when you go to pay.

On your next visit, if you are bringing the car our sister sites - Manchester MEN and Manchester Deansgate both have car parking and are centrally located.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel to go to a concert at the MEN Arena. Clean,comfortable rooms, helpful and friendly staff, quiet hotel - all in all an excellent city centre budget hotel as you'd expect from Premier Inn. Just make sure you are back by 11pm if you'd like a drink in the hotel bar...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. We hope you enjoyed your concert. For information we do have a Premier Inn a few minutes walk away from the arena, called Manchester MEN.

My team and I work hard at ensuring that each and guest has the best possible stay so its always nice to hear that that comes across.

Due to our central location our bar tends to close at 11pm as we are surrounded by various bars and restaurants. sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

After researching tripadvisor reviews for Manchester and matching hotels with street locations, finally settled on this Premier Inn which offered a £70 rate with less than 24 hours notice. £3 extra for 24h wifi and £8.25 for full English breakfast. The location was fine for where I needed to be on business. I followed tripadvisor reviewers' advice and asked for a room with a bath and in the back, I forgot to add the last piece of advice, to ask for a room away from the lifts! After a few annoying loud bangs as the security door slammed shut each time a guest entered the floor's corridor from the lift, it quietened as everyone settled in for the night on my 4th floor. Fortunately not that late as it was a week night. Suggest you bring shampoo and conditioner as it a standard liquid soap dispenser for the bathtub and the vanity sink. The room came with a hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities but no biscuit. The flat screen tv is adjustable to get the perfect angle for viewing from the bed with enough cable channels to keep one satisfied. The duvet was very warm, perfect as it was freezing cold outside. Spare soft pillows were in the cupboard. The bath towels were large. The triple room spacious for single occupancy with a double bed and sofa to spread out. Ticked all the boxes for cheap, clean, good value for money, modern, and satisfactory for a discerning traveller! Staff were always friendly, welcoming and helpful both at reception and in the restaurant for breakfast. Sausages were delicious. Not freshly squeezed OJ. Coffee palatable.

Room Tip: 1. Room in rear 2. Room with bath 3. Room NOT near the lift!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay be it for business or pleasure.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for the business traveller or someone on leisure as surrounded by theatres, bars, restaurants and shops. We have a tram stop a few minutes away at St Peters Square.

I'm glad you managed to get a room to the back of the Hotel though sorry you were close to the security corridor doors. I have asked my maintenance man to check each one and adjust accordingly to reduce the noise of closing.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.