Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“friendly hotel”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I booked this hotel again after staying in oct. The hotel itself is clean and tidy with nice spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The staff at reception on arrival were helpful, polite and booking in was efficient and quick. The rooms were clean comfortable and spacious the only downside was they were very warm as the windows don't open, so it could be quite stuffy when you got up in the mornings.We had two rooms as there was 4 of us in our party and both rooms had the same problem. We booked bed and breakfast and the food was lovely and good quality. The dining room was fine on the saturday with plenty of spaces and the hot plate area was full with food and juice etc.Sunday was a different story we came down for breakfast at 9.30 and it was mobbed, there was a 20 minute wait for a table for your breakfast and everyone who was waiting was sent to the small bar area for free coffee which had no cups or milk. When we eventually got into the dining room there was no plates juice cups or milk at one stage aswell as little food left although this was filled up there was only one lady doing this so a you can imagine it took some time. The next morning was much better as the hotel was much quieter. On one of our evenings after we had been to X factor we went back to the hotel bar for a drink again this was mobbed and the queue was very long as was the wait. There was only one member of staff on again in here a the lady was heavily pregnant and rushed off her feet. After 1 and 2 in the evening there was lots of noise from the room next to ours and as Premier Inn has a good night sleep policy the security did deal with this efficiently and quickly although it did take him 3 attempts to sort it. Although my review seems more negative on the hotel it is in a great location with victoria station just up the road as is the MEN arena. Arndale centre and all the shops you would like to visit are right next to the hotel. The position of this hotel for the printworks, church museum and wheel is ideal. It is just a shame the management cant get their act together with the bar area and provide another member of staff esp at weekends as this would keep all guests happy and also provide a better service in the dining area when the hotel is full. I do think if this hotel could sort these problems out it would recieve much higher ratings from guests.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have previously stayed at the Premier Inn in Leeds in 2008. It was just overnight, so I don't remember much of it, except that it was all a bit befuddled. This time in Manchester I needed to be close to the city centre and to Cheetham Hill, so I figured out that Premier Inn at Printworks was the best choice.

I wasn't disappointed. As I would be out from morning till evening, I only needed a bed and a breakfast, plus a nice comfy bath, and I had it all. They do mention on the website that building works are going nearby, and they are, but I heard no noise whatsoever. I was fearing that the restaurant would be very full for breakfast, but this wasn't the case, I was always taken to a table and was able to enjoy a good morning meal.

Overall, I am happy to recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are on a flying visit to Manchester. It has a good location, friendly staff, and range of shopping and entertainment facilities all around. Harvey Nichols, The Triangle, and The Old Wellington Inn are just up the road, Manchester Cathedral sits opposite, and you can take free buses from Market St to go either to Victoria, or to Piccadilly stations.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor, so I'd imagine that the higher is a floor, the less noise there is. Plus...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I booked this hotel as I was due to attend a meeting - then I read the reviews and was really concerned!

My concerns were soon put to the side. Although the exterior of the hotel is not very welcoming the staff couldnt be more helpful. I didn't get the name of the reception staff I checked in on 26/2 & left on 27/02 the guy behind the desk couldn't have been more helpful. I couldn't find the entrance to the car park with the roadworks outside and parked in the opposite NCP however I was told there was plenty of space in the car park and how to manouvre the roadworks to get in!

I asked if i could leave my car while I attended my meeting (despite being passed my check in time) and was told it wasn't a problem.

I went for dinner on Sunday night and Robert and Shaun in the restaurant where very friendly and my meal was good, including the house wine!

Breakfast was typical premier inn - Definately think some of the comments are harsh, yes the hotel could do with a bit of a tart up in the common areas, but all in all a comfortable stay.

I would definately go back if I was to go back to Manchester as it was handy for MEN arena & shopping!

Room Tip: I would choose a room at the back while the road works take place however when they are complete go...
Rochdale, England
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Well, I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't disappointed. I stayed here with my company, and my first impression was that there isn't enough parking - maybe 12 spaces at the front, of which a number are designated disabled, and otherwise you have to drive into an adjacent building and park in the open on the top floor.
On entering the room, I was hit by an unpleasant smell of stale feet, and in truth, it's a budget hotel, and furnishings are just that - if you want a comfortable bed, go elsewhere.
One of the two mugs in the bedroom had tea stains around the handle.
On the plus side, there was a full size bath, but spoiled by the hotels economy measures of having fixed bulk soap dispensers - no fripperies here !
Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet - the fried eggs were tiny and overcooked, and like the carpark,there isn't enough space for guests at busy times.

1 Thank wroughtironron
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Live a previous reviewer, I got a room which stunk of body odour. The bed had horrible foam pillows and a hard cheap mattress, causing me to waken at 3-30am and I couldn't get back to sleep.
The bedroom desk chair was extremely uncomfortable to sit on, and they still charge you for anything over 30 minutes wi-fi. The bedroom decor was dated/shabby and the desk/worktop chipped and marked.

The bar is also worn in furnishings/appearance, and the breakfast at £6.99 distinctly average.
Parking is on the top floor (uncovered) of an adjacent building, and if it's raining, you'll get pretty wet making your way back to the hotel.

The best thing about it is the location, next to the Arndale, but I hope never to return.

1 Thank Sheshe90
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed for 1 night with my sister for a girly shopping trip. Found the hotel spotless, friendly and central for the shops and restaurants. Have stayed in Manchester Central too. Both excellent. Will definitely be a repeated experience. Would recommend to all age groups.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LesleyF1
Helsinki
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed at Premier Inn for three days at the beginning of February. Taxi from airport had some trouble finding the hotel and the lobby was unspectacular. Check in was speedy and friendly. We were 11 altogether and everyone was pleasantly surprised by the spacious and modern room. Breakfast was cheap when bought in advance. The breakfast room was not crowded in the morning and quality of breakfast was excellent. Free complimentary wifi for 0,5 hours was good and 3£ voucher for 24 hours was not too bad. For a foreigner the wifi is extremely important for many reasons so free internet connection would be great but i've ben to worse hotels in this respect. The location waas excellent for our needs; shopping at Arndale, football at COMS and concert in Lowry were all easily accessible. Some construction work nearby was bit annoying but not really disturbing. Some trouble with keycards was taken care at the reception.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 7th floor and considering construction work nearby that was a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends