“Good location, nice room, but very noisy.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Yateley, United Kingdom
“Good location, nice room, but very noisy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend on a Friday and Saturday night, whilst in Manchester attending a concert at the Phones4u Arena.

The staff were very friendly, and in the evenings there were 2 friendly security guards on the front door checking room numbers and names before allowing entry.

The reception area has some sofas and vending machines, which are a good addition, there is a small bar area and that serve drinks and costa coffee at reasonable prices, this was also very convenient and the staff at the bar were very friendly. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food.

We booked a twin room and received a very large room with a double bed and a single bed in the corner, the room was clean and tidy and you could tell had been recently refurbished as everything was spotless and looked very new. Our room was on the 3rd floor.

The location is perfect, the main hub of the town and the Arndale shopping centre is within easy walking distance and the free parking is a huge bonus, especially in a city centre hotel, there is a small car park immediately outside and the overflow is situated behind the hotel in a multi-storey car park linked directly to the hotel.

Unfortunately though, our stay was not without some problems - NOISE!
When staying in a city centre location over a weekend, I expect some noise and there to be groups/hens/stags, that's not a problem to me at all and my friend and I are both 30, we are not by any means boring or early birds, we ourselves were away for a fun girly weekend, but we were woken constantly throughout the Saturday night with people arriving back from nights out and people slamming doors and shouting along the corridors. On the Saturday/Sunday night I was woken at 3am, 4am, 5.30am and then again at 7am - at around 8am I gave up as the traffic from outside was starting to cause noise too!

When we checked out I did complain about the noise, I was met with a slight hostile response and a "really?" we do corridor patrols and then asked why I did not call the mobile number on the card provided at check in if there was a problem - I pointed out that at 3am the last thing on my mind was getting out of bed, finding my phone, finding the card provided and making a phone call. The receptionist advised she would refund the Saturday night charge, and this has been refunded, which is appreciated.

Would I stay here again - yes I would, but I would ask for a room at the very start or end of a corridor and also ask for a room facing the multistorey car park, the front facing rooms do have a nice view of the Cathedral but again are very noisy from the roundabout outside.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the multi-storey car park (back of hotel) would benefit from less road traffic noise.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

at first it was a little difficult to find because we expected it to be in the printworks, however it's not far away - more the end of Deansgate. Excellent location, lovely room. There is on site parking but we didn't use this, short walk from Victoria station. Check in was a little slow with a long queue and 1 receptionist but when it was our turn the receptionist was helpful and went through everything in detail. At first I thought we would be in for a really noisy night as it seemed to be quite a few single sex groups (assumed hen/stag party) however we didn't get disturbed at all and had an excellent sleep in a large comfortable bed. Quite a queue at breakfast but because we had pre-booked we seemed to jump the queue. Plenty of hot food, freshly cooked and tables cleared away quickly. Would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Keeping it brief as I've reviewed this hotel recently. Stayed a second time in less than 5 months to attend a concert at the arena. It's still great! Rooms are brand new and very clean. Excellent location for arena visits and the staff are extremely friendly and polite! Thanks for another great stay, I'll see you again! 5/5

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this hotel many months back for a recent gig at the Apollo.
On arrival staff were very efficient and quick to give us our room cards and explain how to get to the room.
We was made aware of the restaurant and breakfast service bad given a chance to prepay, which we didn't as it was no cheaper so you might as well keep options open.
You could smell fresh paint which gave it a clean fresh feel.
The room was extremely modern and large with large windows overlooking the water, spacious clothing storage and large bathroom.
The heating and cooling system was great, a small oil filled heater that you could regulate plus air conditioning cooling.
The tv was multimedia and offered you lots of inputs and outputs.
The room didn't have an iron or board, however you could borrow one from the reception. The staff were more than happy to get you one.
The room had ceiling lights which is a first in a premier inn for me. The room area was clean, but the bathroom could of done with a bit more time spent on it.
The staff were helpful to ask abut transport and kindly ordered my friend and I a taxi to the Apollo.

Room Tip: A high room would offer great views of he city and silence.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

stayed at this premier in many times! this is the first time since the rooms have been updated. The rooms have a lovely look with an expensive finish. Its really well situated for either a night out on the town or if your going to a concert at the MEN arena. The staff were very helpful throughout

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Have stayed here a few times now and this last visit the rooms have been refurbished, I was on the 7th floor and the room was huge, 2 massive windows and lots or nice decor and space. It is difficult to find fault with the room just 2 things that I would bring your attention too the first is there is only a plug in radiator in the room that would need to be on for many hours to heat the room, for me personally I don't mind as I like a cold room but if you like a warm room then be prepared to wait. there was a unit on the wall (digital display) for controling the temperature but it would not turn on so I am guessing it is dormant. The other issue, which really irritates me is the fact that the TV can only go as high as 15 and I find it very difficult to hear from the bed ( it is a big room). I am a bit hard of hearinghat doesn't help, I also understand the logic behind this ( it would stop it being too high and disturbing other residents in adjoining rooms, this is plausible in their stockport hotels or similar as they are thinner walls and not of the same build as this tower block, it can get very frustrating if there are no subtitles for what you want to watch. Since the refurb you can connect your pc, ipod, usb etc to the tv which is great. overall I would stay here everytime if the price was right. we paid just under £80 for 2 nights (thurs, fri) which is great value for the hotel and location, obviously when there is a match on the prices tend to go through the roof and would be a complete rip off in my eyes so I just avoid the place at those times. The bar in the hotel is very small and they did not have any Guinness on draught despite there being a tap for it. This hotel is in an excellent spot for city centre shopping, 2 mins to the arndale and 5 mins from piccadilly gardens.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

staff were brilliant and friendly.Great value for money,5 mins walk from the phones 4u arena and other aminities shopping and other places to eat.But saying that breakfast was lovely,cant comment on evening dinning because we didn't eat in the restaurant,staff were friendly enough during breakfast service

1 Thank Julie G