Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Mrs F”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Another good stay in manchester. Staff always friendly and helpful. Only fault asked for twin room and got family room with double bed and child's bed as my teenage daughter was going on long haul flight I took child's bed and it was not the most comfortable nights sleep I've had.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here as we were watching Robbie at the Phones4u arena. I was very impressed with the room - very confortable and spacious.I slept particularly well - perhaps after walking around the city centre and then dancing to Robbie!! The bed was very comfy and everything about the room was spotless. Although the refurbishment was ongoing it didn't affect us and statff were very friendly and helpful.I would definitely stay here again and am more than happy to recommend it to other people.I have paid a lot more for a room elsewhere and had not such a great experience as here.

Room Tip: Corner room we were in was brilliant
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hereford
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We only stopped one night as we were attending a concert just around the corner at the Arena. The location for the Arena is superb as it is only a few hundred metres away. Unfortunately however the hotel is in the middle of a major refurbishment project and as a light sleeper I didn`t manage to get much sleep. When we returned from the concert there were people moving bins and scaffolding about at the back of the hotel just under our window and the following morning the drilling and hammering started at just after 8am. We would nornamlly be up and about at that time but after a late evening we were both looking forward to our first lay in for several weeks. When we checked out I mentioned the noise etc to the receptionist who simply repied Oh well the show must go on! Not the response I was expecting. Needless to say we will not be going back until the work has been completed.

1 Thank ateasd5941
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed one night 25/6/2014 for the Eagles concert. Great location for the venue only 5 minutes walk and handy for The Printworks for a drink and food before concert. Also as arena part of Victoria station really good for train travellers.
Check in reception was packed with no staff we checked in by way of the machines and this was easy and fast. Room very basic and clean but no air con and window only opens a small amount. So room was really hot with no way of cooling it down. Bar prices reasonable but bar restaurant area basic and looked like a canteen . No shops close to the hotel to purchase own drinks food etc so be aware ..bring your own before. On return to hotel after the concert there was a huge queue to get a drink and three staff one of which had to keep going to the reception. Would not say it was cheap because it was a concert night but this offset by the great location if you are going to a concert .all in all ok but could of been better having stayed in other Premier Inns.

Room Tip: Great choose of either Strangeways prison or the main road it's your pick enjoy
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This Premier Inn is currently being refurbished so the reception area is rather off putting! However, the staff on arrival were warm and friendly. The room and breakfast was excellent . The parking is a bit of an issue, we got a space luckily, but I overheard others who did not and I would not of been happy to pay extra for that.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My grown up daughter and myself stayed one night. It is a fantastic location for the Arena 5 minutes walk. The rooms where spotless clean and the bed's were very comfortable with tea/ coffee facilities. Breakfast was really filling and a fantastic choice to please everyone. Would definitely stay there again, if went to Manchester for a concert. The only negative was the price, it was not the cheap price that is advertised a substantial higher price!

Room Tip: Very spacious
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked the hotel for the Robbie concert at phones4u arena, so perfect for location. I had booked the room ( was travelling 3+ hours) but then talked to my friend and we both decided to stay. I called that night of booking, and said that I needed 2 adults and a twin.

When we arrived, we parked up and walked down the horrid awful staircase from the carpark. On arrival in reception I was told that no record was made of the call. Even worse, no twins left. It was only sheer luck that someone had just cancelled! I felt the receptionist was about to turn us away or charge double! BE WARNED no air con... rooms are ovens.

What was the low point however was the fight between two guests which was unfolding in reception. Police were attending, but to be in reception trying to sort something was VERY uncomfortable, infact I needed to leave as I didn't feel safe. I completely understand that this might happen anywhere, however the location in which it was hapening was not acceptable. This should have been taken away from public view.

I will use Premier Inn again, but unsure if I would come back to this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.