Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Edinburgh. Scotland
“Good stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very friendly check in. Can park outside or just right next door (free). A few minutes walk to the centre. Pubs and restaurants nearby. The hotel was having work done but this didn't spoil our trip as we heard nothing (we were emailed pre arrival) Our room was quite big and the bed was comfy. Good shower and ok sized bathroom. Breakfast - extra (but not much) was worth it. Cooked, fresh fruits, cereals etc. the staff were very nice and everything was kept topped up. Would I stay here again - yes. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cate019
MENPremierInn, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Fiona019.

Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review in relation to your stay with us at Premier Inn Manchester Arena.

I'm please to see that you managed to find a car parking space just outside the hotel, and that the location was convenient enough for you to walk into the city centre.

It;s also fantastic that you were made aware that the refurbishments would be taking place during your stay, but that this did not disrupt you whilst you were staying with us.

In regards to the room, it's fantastic that the room was clean, comfortable and the bed provided a brilliant nights sleep!!

I hope that you choose to use us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Rachel Airs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
heywood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

stayed two nights and had a relaxing weekend with my wife for our 30th anniversary.
the room was on the 10th floor as requested and although we feel it was a little small it did tick most of the boxes, very clean and bed very comfy.
the restaurant we felt is a tad small for the number of people staying there and Sunday proved to much with people being asked to wait fore up to 15 minutes.the breakfast we could not fault nicely cooked and always being topped up, also we had an evening meal here, enjoyable nothing special and very quiet, food was cooked nicely and service was great.
we relaxed in the bar late one evening and found it to be just that very relaxing, the beer no more expensive than any of the local bars.
we would stay here again, staff without exception were very attentive and genuinely interested in making our stay pleasant, which they succeeded in doing.
your staff are a credit to you.

Room Tip: we think the top floors are better less noise pollution
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

good all round value for money,very good location for arena and shopping ,hotel and staff very good ,nice breakfast too,recomend and will stay again, plenty car parking around ,train station round corner.

Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

At the end of the day, it's a Premier Lodge...so you get the usual you would expect for a reasonable price.

The best bit about this hotel is the location, being in the heart of the city. We stayed because of a concert at the Arena, but bars restaurants and shops are also close by...

Worth a try....

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After staying in Premier Inn's for as long as I can remember and always having the best nights sleep I decided to treat my Wife to a Suprise romantic Weekend away for her Birthday complete with A trip to the Famous Coronation street Cobbles and Ant & Dec Takeaway Tour knowing full well we were in for the best weekend possible and I was very confident it would make her very happy.

What started off to be the best and most welcoming stay we could ever of asked for over night turned into the worst night of my life.

On the outside the hotel looked very disappointing and looked like it was in desperate need of a coat of paint and a tidy up. But as soon as we parked the car and walked through the doors we were shocked to see how Modern and well presented the Hotel was, It was clear they had spent a lot of money on making it as good as they possibly could, The staff on Reception were very friendly and very helpful even though the new self check in system was rather slow and needed help from the reception staff. Our room was very well set out and very spacious with a MASIVE Kingsize Bed. All was very good and we decided to go for a walk into the centre which was literally 2 minute walk around the corner. We decided to eat in the Premier Inn Restaurant where the food was Amazing and reasonably priced too. We had a few drinks in the Bar and went off to our room, By this time we were both very tired after a long drive and exciting day. The bed seamed rather firm at first but we put this down to the beds been New. I quickly noticed that although I am only 6ft tall my head had to be touching the head board and my feet were still hanging off the end. I tried various positions to get a comfy nights sleep but must of only slept approx. 4 hours due to how hard the bed was and the winter duvet that was on the bed.

When I went downstairs in the Morning approx. 09:00hrs I noticed straight away that the Reception staff didn't have the same welcoming spirit as the night before, I explained about how much of a bad nights sleep I had and that I had been reading the Info in the room where it said 100% guaranteed prefect nights sleep, He then turned very nasty and started saying that no one else had complained and the whole Premier Inn Hotel Group had a Revamp 4 weeks ago and that I was been awkward to get my money back. He gave me the keys to a room on the 8th floor where it was that warm they had a free standing fan just to circulate the air, The bed was still the same issue which was to be expected due to them being the same through out the group. In the end he refunded me the Money for the stay and told us we had to be out by 12pm and that we had to find somewhere else to stay for the Saturday Night. Baring in mind we were going to watch the Ant & Dec Saturday Night Takeaway Tour and we new it would not be finished until gone 10:30pm, We tried to get booked in a Travel lodge but everywhere was fully booked, We ended up having to get changed and ready for the show in a Multi-story Car park which was obviously not what we had planned for my Wife's Romantic Birthday Surprise.

Safe to say I was relieved to be back in our own Bed Saturday Night even though it was a 4 hour drive back home after the Show finished,

Overall very disappointing even though the Staff on the Friday did make it as perfect as it could have been, This has ruined my Premier Inn experience and I will never stay with them again.

1 Thank Marc M
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your review details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice hotel and Staff were lovely - even when faced with dealing with new check in equipment for the first time and the front of the hotel having a refit!

Restaurant facilities and bar were great.

Hotel was very central and easy to navigate around Manchester from here!

Rooms were clean and tidy and room facilities were fab.

Only problem was the parking - no lift access and my in-laws do struggle with stairs? Also a few spiders in the hallways as the windows could not be closed?? EEK!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Advertised with free parking, there is limited freespaces and its 15.00 to park so get there early, reception aren't interested they told me to just pay. My Bill was incorrect twice at evening meal and also my drinks order was wrong. Breakfast was very busy the restaurant was full so we had to wait in the bar where tea and coffee are provided, there was no milk or cups also the area was very messy