“Premier Inn Manchester”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I decided to stay at this Premier Inn as I was passing through the area and needed somewhere to stay for the night. On arrival, I was met by a very friendly receptionist who checked me into room 209 on the second floor. The room was very clean and spacious, if a little dark. The view from the window wasn't great from the second floor, but everything worked and I enjoyed my stay. The only problem was groups of young people making a lot of noise in the night outside my room. It would be better if such groups were all put on the same floor, perhaps, but apart from that, everything was fine. There is a bar/restaurant on the first floor and breakfast is available for extra charge.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 January 2010

You know what you are getting when you stay at a premier inn, spacious, clean and value for money.
The hotel is just by Manchester cathederal, and was handy for arriving by train to Manchester Victoria and going to the MEN.
It also has a bar area on 1st floor which there hasn't been in other Premier Inns I've stayed at.
I wish you could book more than 1 year ahead at Premier Inns and would choose to stay here next year when in Manchester again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I went with a friend to see a gig at the MEN Arena, we stayed at the Premier Inn for one night and I'd definately book it again for any future trips to Manchester. It was perfectly located just a 5 minute walk to the arena (you can see it from your hotel room) and 5 minutes to the shops and Printworks. The room was large and clean with a huge comfy bed, tv with freeview channels and all you'd expect (hairdryer, kettle etc -no trouser press though -not that we wanted one!). The staff were very friendly at check in and out and the reception and bar area of the hotel were clean and bright. If you want to be close to the action and aren't looking for anything super special from your hotel then I'd definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my sister the hotel is in an excellent location really close to the shops and to the printworks and the Men arena. Our room was spacious breakfast was lovely staff were lovely and very friendly i would stay here again and i would recomend it to friends and i would not hesitate staying here with my husband and children

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We paid £102 for this room at the last minute as we were going to a gig at the MEN. Perfectly located for the MEN Arena (a 5 minute walk) and shopping but overall this hotel is average in every way. We had a second floor room which was really spacious (a large double bed and a fold down double sofabed so it would be good for families) and fairly new in terms of decor and fittings.

However, the refit had been done in the most basic and cheap way and it was clear that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned properly before our arrival. In addition the heating didn't work properly (not great on one of the coldest nights of the year). Also as we arrived at around 6 we were told that the carpark was full and that we had to pay an additional £5 to park in the temporary concert parking underneath the hotel. In short, if you can get a good deal on this hotel and want to be near the MEN it's probably worth it but for over £100 this was something of a disapointment.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2009

The hotel is 5 mins walk from MEN Arena, Printworks and Arndale, so is ideal for any of these places.
I have stopped in many Premier Inns and there were a few downsides for this one. Check in was very slow, long queue which the staff in the office behind reception could see but didnt think to come to help. I was not told that I needed a car park ticket, but luckily a fellow visitor told me, so I didnt end up getting clamping
The room was as expected, although the hairdrier was not working, but they gave us another one, so panic over. we had to q for the lifts (we were on 8th floor) as the hotel was full and they did not appear to come back down to ground floor very quick. The bar area is very small for such a large hotel and was always full. We ate in the restuarant before the concert we went to see and it was not brilliant, waitress who took the order thought my wife ordered the same meal for both of us, as I was dealing with another waiter when he brought the wine, he picked up the menu, it was only then when I said I hadnt ordered that the waitress took my order. Then when she was summing it up, she asked ME what she had written on her order slip ! The wrong starter was brought out and then the wrong side order, the potatoes had obviously been left for a while as they were dry and the little jug of gravy was bisto'ish but not mixed properly, the wine was good however, I would not recommend the evening meal. Breakfast was the normal Premier Inn standard, but as the hotel was very busy had to wait and ask for somethings to be replenished.

Saying all that If I go to the MEN arena again, i will stay at this hotel as it is so convenient, but just wont eat in the restuarant again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2009

This hotel has one of the most spacious rooms I've ever been in. If we had known this before, we could have brought bigger suitcases to fit our shopping purchases lol...

The view from our room wasn't very spectacular, it just looked out on the car park, not that we cared much. The bathroom was a bit small compared to the room, but it was clean and held all the essentials.

It was a bit chilly in the room and one of the kip windows was open, which we couldn't close with all our strenghth. However, we decided to leave it open for some fresh air and with the room temperature on 22° it wasn't too bad really.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

The location was awesome. It was right in the city centre, close to the Arndale Centre (main place of concern lol), but also to Piccadilly Gardens with its bus connections.

My only concern was the usage of the lifts. Before you can take the lift, you had to swipe your room card, but it took us a bit of the time to get the hang of it. Either we were too quick or too slow, but it never activated the lift. We had to try several times, but that might be just us lol...

Definitely a good choice if you ever want to visit Manchester.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends