i am a fan of premier inn's for quick city breaks (1 night) and have stayed in a few, many times in Manchester. I was there last wednsday and booked through thier system, and this hotel came up much cheaper than the others, now i knwo why.
I don't think this was origionally a premier inn? Its not that central, has a desk (a small desk) for check in, plus auto check ins, which werer actually quite good. the rooms are much smaller and furniture not standard, and teh bed is a small double rather than the customary king size bed. Bathroom tiny and tired and overall not very nice.
would not use again, no matter how cheapo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester