go over and back to manchester alot for football games. very rarely go past the premier inn chain have stayed at the hotel numerous times but have never wrote a review. the hotel itself is a 5 minute walk from picadilly gardens. there is a boots chemist next door and a wetherspoon bar and mcdonalds right by it which is very handy.
we arrived as usual at 7.50 am and for the first time they didnt have a room ready the gentleman on check in was a real gent couldnt have been nicer he stored our bags and told us to come back after 10 they should have a room by then. We went away for breakfast and a bit of shopping and returned after miday. we were greated by a female staff member who told us check in wasnt till 2 and they had no rooms ready (without even checking) i told her we had been there that morning and we were told to come back after 10 . we were kean to get a room as we had to get ready to head to the footie. she checked her computer and there was in fact a room ready. we were happy we got a room before check in time.
we went to the resturant that evening for dinner they were offering a meal deal ( 3 course dinner with drink and breakfast the following morning) for 22 £ which was very gooand the food was nice. when we got to the bar we had to que .we qued for about 10 minutes before we were even greated by staff and then told we had to wait a few more minutes, the bar wasnt that busy four or five tables eating but most of the other tables were dirty and the staff werent in much of a hurry to clean them. i found the waitress rather un pleasant and she even asked us for id ( we are 24 and 25) i wasnt impressed
breakfast the following morning was much busier we went down at 11.30 , it was served till 12.00 we were rather disapointed there wasnt much left it was supposed to be all you can eat but what we got was lovely so cant complain
all in all i rather the premier inn mosely street much nicer staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester