I was quite astonished to find a hotel/Inn of this quality in the centre of Manchester for the price I paid on a Bank Hol Weekend!!
The staff on welcoming me and my partner were very helpful and certainly a pleasure to deal with. They gave us our swipe keys and on to the room.
Have to say, it was really spacious and having stayed the last two nights in a travelodge, i was not expecting much but wow.
The bed is certainly high off the ground, but very very comfy. Philips flat screen tv, with a host of cable channels. Big windows let in a good deal of light in to the room. There is certainly enough closet space for a family of four.
Room can be a bit warm but the great air conditioning soon fixed this. But given it was like Monsoon weather in Manchester, cant fault the hotel for being warm.
The bathroom, was great too, sorry i just cant find fault with this place. Really nice shower....powerful too i might add, and if you forgot your shower gel, there is one there for you! Also there was a neat reminder on the bathroom mirror, if that you forgot anything, just ring the front desk and they could supply you with toiletries. Also about the room, there is even a hairdryer on the wall, which did come in handy!! As it rained on the way back from the Chinese restaurant.
Although the bar closed at 9.30 which was a bit disappointing, but understandable as we were the only two in there. But nicely decorated all the same!
Also I had lost my credit card unknown to me, but we had received a letter under the door, saying that I had lost something and to go to front desk....and there was my credit card.
Thanks Premier Inn for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester