and 1 more site!
Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“A business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was attending a conference at another hotel on Portland Street, The Premier Inn is the opposite end to Piccadilly Gardens, although only a 5 minutes walk away. A good central location. Quietish location and did have a good nights sleep. As usual the room was clean with everything that I needed. I could n't book in early, but was able to leave my bags in the left luggage room. Lots of good restaurants and pubs close by for evening meals. About a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly Station. Would stop there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay here with us. I hope that the location was ok for your conference and not too far away.

Sometimes it is possible to check in early, it depends on the occupancy rate of the night before and if there are rooms available for an early check in. I do apologize on this occasion that there was not.

I hope that the hotel was to your satisfaction and that your enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed recently on a Sunday night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is. Parking is at the nearby Q Park (thank god for sat nav) which is discounted down to £14 per 24 hours.
We did the £22 meal deal and the 3 course meal was very nice and the breakfast even better. Even though it's very centrally located and on a busy road, we had a good sleep and found it to be quiet.
Lots of shopping nearby and the Arndale Centre is about 10 minutes walk.
Rooms a good size, nice clean bathroom and a good shower. Bed very comfortable too. If I was going back to Manchester I wouldn't hesitate to stop at this hotel again, recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for such a complimentary review about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you have been surprised about our hotel from what you expected.

I hope that you had a pleasant time in Manchester. If you ever need directions or recommendations our teams are always hear to make your stay more memorable.

Again, I would like to thank you for the review and hope that we see you in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit the xmas markets with my mother. Check in was an easy process. I had requested a quiet room so we are placed in a room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel. The first night was slightly nosiey as the service lift was being used beside the room but managed to have a good sleep. The 2nd night though the noise was horrendous. It woke me during the night. items were being moved from an alarmed door to the service lift. I mentioned it to the staff on the way out who were very understanding and said they would refund a night. I would stay here again as it was a nice hotel and the room was comfortable

Room Tip: Book a room at back of hotel for less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay here with us at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I would firstly like to apologize for the noise you endured during your stay with us. This is not acceptable for two reasons the lift should be used at night and items should not be transferred across the hotel whilst guests are sleeping and secondly that this has given you a bad nights sleep, which here at Premier Inn we take very seriously. I will open an investigation to why and how this has happened to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Secondly I would like to thank you for giving us another chance and saying that you would return.

We very much look forward to seeing you.
Redhill, Surrey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed in a family room and it was awfully large, with a large expanse of floor between the bed and the window. This was a little odd, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Despite the central location the room was reasonably quiet at night. The hotel is ideally placed for things to see and do in Manchester. There are some good pubs and restaurants within a couple of minutes' walk. And if you want a cheap, reasonable, breakfast there's a Wetherspoons pub just below the hotel. The hotel is clean and well maintained, and the staff were pretty friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking time to post a review about your recent visit to us. If you ever feel that the room you have been allocated is not what you have come to expect from Premier Inn and it is not to your liking call down to reception and we can accommodate you as best we can into a different room.

Regarding the breakfast I would like to recommend trying our breakfast we have a range of different options to suit your needs from a continental breakfast to a full all you can eat breakfast with everything from croissants to a full English breakfast.

I would like to thank you for visiting us and I hope that we see you in the near future.
Heswall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband stays at this hotel once a week I decided to join him enabling us to visit the Christmas markets and shops . I travelled to manchester from the wirral by national express.the hotel is only 3 min walk .The room was clean and had heating control for warm and cool air ,I prefer fresh air so asked a member of staff to unlock the window.enabling us to open it,I also required an iron and ironing board which was brought to the room within 5 mins ,The bed was comfortable ,with a selection of pillows to choose from .The hotel is situated in an excellent position for rail and bus travel.and good value for money

Room Tip: All rooms the same .book 3 months in Advance to get the best deal
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn. I am happy to hear that the location was ideal for you to explore the city center. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Christmas Market and that is was what you expected.

If you ever need any directions whilst staying with us don’t hesitate to ask. Our staffs have a great knowledge of the local area and are always willing to help.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you visit us with your husband again soon.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Went at really busy time with. Children, no street noise, brilliant nights sleep, rooms lovely and spacious, breakfast really good too, will defiantly stay again great location.
Really close to town enter too great for shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It is always nice to hear our guests having a great nights sleep and us. I hope that you had a lovely stay with your family In Manchester and that our location was well suited for your needs.

I hope that you and your family visit us again soon.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed here for xmas shopping and football match weekend.
The hotel was easy to find and we parked in the Q car park (left after the hotel) we paid £14 for 24 hours as used the hotel discount card for 30% off.
We arrived at the hotel early so we left our bags with reception and went off shopping to a busy Manchester!
When we come back we checked in very easy and the friendly hotel staff told us where our room was.
The room is basic but was very clean, the tv remote wasnt working but this was quickly fixed.
We went to the christmas markets which was lovely but very busy!
when we returned to the hotel bar for a drink it was busy and there was a lot of empty glasses on tables which did look messy.
Breakfast was nice and there was plenty of it, although the serving plates were up quite high!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Portland Street Premier Inn. I hope you had a wonderful whilst visiting Manchester and that everything you visited was in close proximity to the hotel or easy to get too.

I would like to apologize for the empty glasses left on the table and hope that this did not dampen your stay in any way. I will look into why this has happened to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future.

Other than that I hope you had a fantastic time with us and that you visit us again soon.