“A Mad Friday Experience”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Mad Friday Experience”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Myself and 9 friends decided to visit the Christmas Markets and make a day of it, We chose Premier Inn as it was near to our planned finishing place. This was my first stay in a Premier inn and I have to say that the experience has been great. From the e mails and text messages before our visit, the internet on line checking through to our welcome at the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and all were polite and cheerful. The room had everything we needed, the bed (as per the adverts) was very comfortable, the whole place looked very clean and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. Very much worth the £56 we paid for everything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for leaving a review about your recent stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn. I hope that you and your friends had a wonderful time whilst you were visiting Manchester.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Hotel and that everything was ok for you.

We hope that you come back and visit us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
oswestry, england
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Amazing location right in the centre of the city, five minutes walk from Oxford Road station. A big room, perfectly clean, tea coffee, good shower/bath, as always with Premier Inns. Very quiet, double double-glazed windows, extra pillows, and most of all we booked early so we only paid £34 ! Unbelievable value.

Room Tip: the hotel curves round from the front and our room was round the corner at the back, so probably the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
It is always comforting to hear that our guests are having a nice time with us.

I am happy that you found our hotel good value for money and that you had a good time whilst you was here.

I hope that you visit us again soon.
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend took me to Manchester for my birthday we stayed here for one night. I was surprised as we were made to feel like important guests as soon as we walked in. All staff smiled including the night staff. I was in need of a cup of tea at night but we ran out of the supplied tea in our room. The night receptionists were great. We also had a meal here after exploring the Christmas markets. Great food and again all waiting on staff smiled and gave excellent service. We really did not expect this service from premier in and really only needed a place to kip for the night but got more than we bargained for . great place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I am very happy to hear that the teams at the hotel are meeting your expectations. Here at Premier Inn we pride ourselves on great customer service and I hope on this occasion we succeeded in doing that for you.

I will inform the staff of your wonderful feedback complimenting them.

I hope that you visit us again soon.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

For the money i had to give 5 stars, great location, clean and nice comfy room, great breakfast, fast check-in, friendly staff, and you can leave luggage in storage if you arrive early or want to stay around after check in, great stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay to our hotel. I am happy that we have delivered to all your expectations. I hope that you had a wonderful time in Manchester and that everything went ok for you.

I hope that we see you again soon.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel with my daughter. We were in Manchester for the Christmas markets and shopping and my only regret is We did not stay longer. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel like a valued customers the room and facilities were spotlessly clean and comfortable. We had a lovely short break

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank flomac59
Thank you for leaving such a complimentary review about your recent visit to us. I am happy to hear that you and your daughter had a wonderful experience.

I always find it pleasing to hear when our guests feel at home and happy from the first step through the door.

I hope that you visit us again soon; we look forward to seeing you back with us in Manchester.
roy79
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It is not the easiest place to find so I'd advise to take a street view first in Google or other map service. The entrance is literary just a normal door with a plain sign hanging above it.

The staff is definitely one of the friendliest I have ever came across. They have also took care of our special requests I entered from booking.com which has never happened before. The check in was efficient and quick, just as check out. There is no express check-out here so there will be queuing during busy times.

We had a very clean family room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed and they've provided also 1 travel cot for our baby. The room is quite spacious as there are spaces to spare with all the beds. The interior is plain as it should be in a budget hotel, the bathroom with bathtub is sufficient but not very big. The shower head is VERY water saving. The rooms is not sound proof, we can hear people close or knocking doors, so we used ear plugs to ensure a good night sleep (except when our baby wake us up).
The room has AC for cooling and a heater controllable by same panel as AC (there is a switch to change between heat and cool). However it seems the panel where I set the room temperature reset itself after few hours to the coldest setting which turns off the heater. It gets quite cold during the night, luckily that the bed covers are thick. The beds are comfy, hard but comfy.

The location is excellent! The hotel is close to most of the sights and Chinatown. Piccadilly train station is 10-15 min walk with luggage. There are breakfast places, McDonald and pharmacy just around the corner. Tesco metro is 2 min away past the McDonald. Tram is one block away and free city bus no.3 stop also very close.

All in all, excellent location and staff, clean rooms with a bit chill in the nights and hard to beat value for money.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators and streets. Quiet room are outlooking the inner garden which is very b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank roy79
Thank you for taking time to leave a review about your recent visit to us at Portland Street Premier Inn. We take all feedback seriously good or bad.

If in future if you stay with us if you ever have problems finding the hotel please do give us a call and our reception team will guide you as much as they can. They have great knowledge of the local area and will be able to assist you if you find yourself feeling a bit lost.

We do try as much as possible to honor guest requests so that we can help your journey become part of our success as a team.

I would like to apologize for the noise that you endured during your stay. We take our guests having a good night sleep very seriously here at Premier Inn. I will look into why this has happened to ensure that this can be reduced as much as possible. If you ever have problems with you AC again in the future, if you call down to reception our team can assist you on the telephone or somebody can come up to your room to sort it out for you to ensure that you get a good nights sleep.

I’m glad that the location was well suited for you and your family to explore Manchester. If you ever need directions our teams are always on hand to help with any enquires you may have.

Again, I would like to thank you for your review and that we see you soon.
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

As usual a good trip had when visiting a premier inn,this one very handy and a nice restaurant ,all in all an enjoyable stay,only complaint they have put soap dispenses in the bath,bring back soap or remember to bring your own,we forgot

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I hope that you had a wonderful time whilst in Manchester and that we made your journey more memorable.

I would like to apologize for the soap dispensers in the bath. If in future you are not happy with anything such as this please call down to reception and they can assist you as much as possible to ensure your stay is not affected by anything whilst staying in the hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking time to write this review and hope that you visit us again soon.