and 1 more site!
Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“New years eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The location of this hotel is really good, close to shops. clubs and restaurants are all close by. The service is great, nothing was too much trouble. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Bedrooms are spacious with king size beds and there is no noise from the street below, if you are on the front . Breakfast was self service but very good choices to suit everyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thanks for the review,

I am pleased that the hotel was the perfect location for you and that our staff made your stay and enjoyable one.

I hope that you had a wonderful time in Manchester and that you return and visit us again in near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Perfect location for our stay. We only paid £29 as well and could not fault the hotel. The Room was clean and the staff were excellant. I weill deffinatley come back and would tell anyone to saty here if they want a cheap break.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Portland Street Premier Inn
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our location suited your needs. Your compliments to our staff members will be passed on and we will let them know you were pleased with the service provided.

As you have mentioned our £29.00 rooms are good value for money. To get the best deals its always a good idea to keep a look out on our website for all the latest offers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Manchester in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Big fan of Premier Inns in general. Always the best value for money. Only paid £29 for this room. Everything was spot on apart from the second bed not being made up when we got in our room but we switched rooms immediately, both the soap dispensers in the bathroom were not working but we'd taken soap (we let reception know on departure and they said they'd get onto fixing them), and there were no spare toilet rolls but what we had was just about enough anyway. In general though for what you pay at a Premier Inn, the rooms are always spotless and the service second to none. Breakfast is fantastic too. I stayed in a Raddison Blu hotel recently and the brekkie wasn't a patch on a Premier Inn one. One suggestion, if you stay here get a room that is not roadside. It was noisy (but I am a light sleeper and I was on the bed next to the window), my Mum did not hear anything but I would ask for a room not on the road if possible. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for one not on the roadside if possible
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I would firstly like to apologize for checking into a room that did not have the second bed made up for you, the soap dispensers and the toilet roll. This is not acceptable by the standards of Premier Inn and I’m sure to what you have come to expect from us.

I will be looking into this as of why it has happened to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. Regarding the toilet roll, if you ever find yourself needing more just pop down to reception and they can provide you with the essentials.

If in future you are not entirely happy with your room please call to reception so that we can put you in a quieter room to ensure your stay with us is as you have come to expect from Premier Inn.

Secondly I would like to say thank you for the kind words about our breakfast and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I hope that this did not dampen your stay too much and I hope that you will return to us in the near future.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and the service was amazing. The staff were always very friendly and helpful (unlike many of the Manchester locals haha ;) ) and were always very welcoming. We had a lovely 3 course meal in the restaurant, the portions were massive and very good value for money - 3 course meal with breakfast the next day for only £22.99!! The breakfast was also very good with a wide range of hot and cold treats to choose from. Overall, excellent value for money and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay only a few minutes walk from the city center. Special should out to Lisa and Becky who work at the hotel who were lovely! Thanks very much Premier Inn!! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
It is fantastic news that you had a great time in our restaurant and our hotel. This makes us very proud of our team.

We have recently had our restaurant and bar refurbished so I’m sure if you were to come back you would not be disappointed.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the food and restaurant and I’m sure Lisa and Becky will be very happy to hear your comments.

I hope that we see you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

As usual a warm welcome and clean rooms. The location was excellent to visit the city centre. Also good for train and bus station. A number of good restaurants nearby. Easy the access to Canal Street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Manchester Premier Inn Portland Street.

I am pleased that our location was well suited for your needs and that everything else was ok for you.

I hope that you visit us again in the near future.
Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Fantastic location in city center, close to Piccadilly and Oxford street stations, very good rooms (most not facing the road) lovely breakfast served until noon and staff who seem to genuinely care about guest satisfaction - well done Premier Inn team!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
It is fantastic that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass your feedback onto the teams at the hotel, as I am sure they would love to hear your kind words.

I hope that we see you again soon.
nantwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I come to Manchester often and this is where I usually stay. Yeah, people sometimes look down on these 'budget' hotels, but I've travelled a lot and I've paid a lot more for a lot less...

A very comfy bed, a very clean room, a great shower and excellent service on the front desk... whats not to like?

Deffo worth a look if you are coming to Manchester...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us.

Your kind words about our hotel are very much appreciated. I am happy that you have returned from previous visits this makes us very proud to see our guests returning.

I hope that you come and visit us again soon; we look forward to welcoming you back.