We picked this hotel up as somewhere to base a night out from- at £37 a night in the sale we figured it wasn't too much of a loss if it were terrible!
The hotel was a little tricky to find- primarily because of the narrow frontage onto Portland Street- we arrived in heavy rain so were getting a bit wet finding the way from the car park. Having got inside checkin was a breeze with the self-service machines. Magda was also very helpful in explaining why the reservation numbers were different in the confirmation and in making rue we knew how to contact reception in case of noise.
The room (119) was functional rather than luxurious, but perfectly acceptable for the price paid- we particularly liked the shower- very powerful and no shortage of hot water. One extra advantage of it's location was that we could receive free wifi from the Novotel across the road ;-)
Fine hotel for a night out- we weren't disturbed in the night (mind you we'd had a skin full so it would have taken an earthquake to get us up) probably wouldn't want to stay too long though- just a bit too functional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester