“Excellent value for monoey”

Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
Ranked #33 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Service exceeded my expectations.
Well done Sarah at reception.
She allowed me to check in at 8 in the morning; I only dropped by to see if they would keep my baggage until later in the day!
Bed firm & comfortable.
Great shower - loads of hot water
Good size room for a European hotel
Good Wi-Fi (30 mins free)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review about your stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn. I am very pleased that our service has exceeded your expectations. This makes us as a team very proud. It is also pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the stay in your room with us.

I will mention your feedback to Sarah, as I am sure she will enjoy receiving your kind words.

I hope that we see you again checking in with us in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Would really recommend this hotel. Everything about it is good. The rooms, bed, bathroom are clean, warm and comfortable. Breakfast very good value for money. All the staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

It is always very nice to hear that our guests would recommend our hotel to other guests.

I hope that you had a wonderful time whilst in Manchester and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very friendly staff as always.
Bed to hard and parking to expensive.
Great breakfasts but don't order poached eggs unless you want hard boiled!
Great size family room for the kids.
Why can't the wi-fi be free!?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review about your recent stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

Here at Premier Inn we appreciate all of our guest’s feedback positive or negative. I would like to apologize for the eggs being over cooked for your liking and I will ask the chef as to why this has happened.

I hope that you had a pleasant stay and that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Staff excellent hotel clean and comfortable very nice stay and felt very welcome by reception staff. Night porters more than helpful too, couldnt ask for better staff. Will recommend to anyone good place to stay in Manchester

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

We always appreciate it when guests recognize our staff and say how friendly they have been.

I will pass the feedback onto the night staff and the reception team.

I hope that you had a wonderful time whilst visiting us in Manchester.

We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

loved every minute of our stay, close to the city centre, staff couldn't be anymore kind and helpful... would recommend this hotel to everyone. a bit cheeky to be a stone throw away from McDonalds though :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review about your stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn. I am so glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us, which makes us feel very proud.

It is also very good to hear that you would recommend us to other guests.

Again, I would like to thank you for leaving your review and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed for the first time at a Premier Inn. First class serviec with polite, friendly staff who genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs. Best service I have received in a hotel for as long as I can remember

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for the kind review about your recent visit to us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

It is always fantastic news to hear that our guests have been made to feel at home whilst staying with us. I am very happy that our staff has made you feel welcome and appreciated as a guest. I will forward your feedback onto the team, as I am sure they will love to hear it.

I hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Excellent location in town centre so close to all amenities.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Rooms were clean. bed very comfortable.
Restaurant set out very well had a good selection of hot and cold drinks and choice of cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I am happy that you found our location well suited for your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we see you checking in with us again soon.