“Great For A Stay In Manchester”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
Ranked #29 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Great For A Stay In Manchester”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was visiting Manchester on a business trip and knowing how obsessed I am with traveller reviews the team secretary checked on trip advisor before making the booking. So glad she did - the Premier Inn Portland Street is perfect for a stay in Manchester.

I had an early start to the day, arrived into Manchester from London, and headed straight to work on arrival. By the time I arrived at the Premier Inn it was around 6pm and I was exhausted.
The lady and gentleman at reception were super helpful and friendly, making sure check-in was really quick so I could just chill for the evening.

I walked everywhere, so can say the hotel is probably a 5 min drive from Manchester Piccadilly station, which is quite convenient. Transport links in the area are good, and there were quite a few food/retail shops nearby.

The room was excellent. They had just finishing renovating the third floor, and so I was placed in one of the new rooms. It was spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. I was quite taken aback and really impressed!

Food - As I'm only 'eating clean' I decided to have a treat day as the menu looked quite good! As I had to do some studying, and the girls at the bar kindly put my order in to be ready at 9pm just in time for the Brazil v Croatia game! They were really friendly and soo helpful and even helped to take my food to my room as I had so much to carry! My dinner and dessert I have to say were 10/10!! The burger was cooked to perfection, and the chocolate brownie and ice cream dessert was tasty. After such a heavy dinner I decided to have a fruit salad for breakfast which was also nice.

I only stayed one night at this hotel, and so unfortunately on my first trip to Manchester I didn't get to see Old Trafford or any other sites in the city. However, the staff at this hotel made my stay an enjoyable one. I will definitely be visiting Manchester again, and the Premier Inn Portland Street will be my first choice when I return!

Room Tip: New rooms on the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were greeted by friendly polite staff who made sure we had all the information we needed to find our room. We had one of the newly decorated rooms which was lovely and clean and fresh. Our room was at the back so there was no traffic noise and apart from one couple who were talking as they past our room, we heard no noise all night. We had been out in the evening and left first thing in the morning so didn't use the restaurant at all, so can make no comment on that. It was the perfect hotel for where we wanted to be and we were very happy with everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Being a frequent traveller for business, I don't think you can ask for more than this premier Inn. The location is central to walk anywhere in Manchester for shopping, eating and even Picadilly station. You can walk to any of these places in 10 mins tops. Great nights sleep, friendly staff.

Of course, if you expect the luxury of major Chains like Hilton, Radisson, Westin - don't expect it. But It's good value and comfortable.

There are 2 downsides to watch out for - if you don't book it well in advance, it will cost you as much as the Hilton - which is ridiculous. So beware and book early! ANother downside is having to pay for wifi. I personally see most hotels in the world providing wifi for their guests for free - but you have to purchase it daily here - so you may want to consider that in the cost before booking it over something a little more pricey - at the end of the day the cost of internet daily will add on to your total bill.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good value, good location, clean and efficient. Above average breakfast for a value for money hotel. Easy booking. Have stayed in other rival value hotels in Manchester and they were nowhere near as good and more expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Being a Gold Club Carlson member I stay at many Park inn and Radissons all over the world.
Even though Park Inn is a lower tier hotel this one was surprisingly better then expected. Nice clean and very attentive and helpful staff. Breakfast was delicious. Beds super comfy. All round good experience. Only draw back is the location isn't ideal

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

was made to feel very welcome by the staff.You get a great nights sleep the rooms are very cosy and have everything you need, and the food is amazing and its in an ideal place for town centre and trams

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here whilst attending a training course close by. The hotel is clean and tidy, the rooms are spacious and clean. This hotel is well situated and there are plenty of places a short walk away to both eat and drink.
Great budget hotel for a short stay in Manchester.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo