I was visiting Manchester on a business trip and knowing how obsessed I am with traveller reviews the team secretary checked on trip advisor before making the booking. So glad she did - the Premier Inn Portland Street is perfect for a stay in Manchester.
I had an early start to the day, arrived into Manchester from London, and headed straight to work on arrival. By the time I arrived at the Premier Inn it was around 6pm and I was exhausted.
The lady and gentleman at reception were super helpful and friendly, making sure check-in was really quick so I could just chill for the evening.
I walked everywhere, so can say the hotel is probably a 5 min drive from Manchester Piccadilly station, which is quite convenient. Transport links in the area are good, and there were quite a few food/retail shops nearby.
The room was excellent. They had just finishing renovating the third floor, and so I was placed in one of the new rooms. It was spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. I was quite taken aback and really impressed!
Food - As I'm only 'eating clean' I decided to have a treat day as the menu looked quite good! As I had to do some studying, and the girls at the bar kindly put my order in to be ready at 9pm just in time for the Brazil v Croatia game! They were really friendly and soo helpful and even helped to take my food to my room as I had so much to carry! My dinner and dessert I have to say were 10/10!! The burger was cooked to perfection, and the chocolate brownie and ice cream dessert was tasty. After such a heavy dinner I decided to have a fruit salad for breakfast which was also nice.
I only stayed one night at this hotel, and so unfortunately on my first trip to Manchester I didn't get to see Old Trafford or any other sites in the city. However, the staff at this hotel made my stay an enjoyable one. I will definitely be visiting Manchester again, and the Premier Inn Portland Street will be my first choice when I return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester