I'd never stayed in Manchester before and here on business. Having been placed on the third floor the room had been refurbbed so it was lovely. Big comfy bed, fab comfy pillows, tv on wall and the bathroom was great, good size bath and shower. The biggest point to make about the room was that it was spotlessly clean. Very nice indeed. The hotel is a great place to stay location wise for central Manchester!
The one thing that sticks in my mind the most is the staff! They are all wonderful, very friendly, welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Their so polite and curtious! I have to say a big thank you to the restaurant staff! They are an asset to the Premiere Inn. Especially thanks to Luis the waiter. Luis is exceptional, so friendly, hospitable nothings too much, a great waiter. Luis is so friendly and it was wonderful to be able to make your guests feel so welcome, especially if your staying on your own. Luis also recommended a few places to visit as i was not a local and i did, they were fab! Thanks.
The food in the restaurant was great, i was not expecting anything fancy but it was better than expected, cooked superbly, very tasty and a great choice. Really good portion sizes too. I ate at the hotel all week sampling different meals and i was not disappointed. Lovely breakfast too, superb choice.
Happy hour on drinks Mon-Thurs 5pm - 7pm.
Great place all in all but the staff really make the stay pleasant. They really deserve a mention because they all looked and sounded happy in their jobs.
Thank you all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester