We are a family of 4 and stayed in the Premier Inn Portland Street Manchester Aug 19th-21st. We were recommended to use the Q piazza car park which was easy to find and a very short distance from the hotel. The hotel gave us a 30% discount card off our parking fee. On arrival the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The receptionist knew the area well and gave good advice on the trams and local attractions. The room was a good size, very clean and of an excellent standard. My children had a comfortable put up bed each and the double bed was so comfy. We paid for wifi which was only £3 per day and it was very good. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and of a very high standard. The staff in the restaurant explained everything and also said the chef would prepare any alternatives e.g boiled, porches egg, omelette etc if we requested them. The restaurant was very clean and tidy and had a friendly atmosphere. There were choices of milk from full cream to skimmed, hot drink machines and everything was self serve. Whenever we passed a member of staff in the corridors or around the hotel they always spoke and were very friendly. We asked for extra pillows and they were brought to the room within a few minutes. The hotel is in a great area for shopping and eating out. The tram stop at St Peters Square was right behind the hotel and was very cheap to use. We used the tram to go to the theatre in Salford Quay which was so easy a family ticket only costing around £6. The Salford Quay area also had great restaurants for families. We visited the coronation street tour (well worth a visit) which was within walking distance of the hotel, a staff member gave us directions and also a map. We had a fab time at this hotel and would highly recommend, we can't wait to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Manchester, Piccadilly train station is just a 10 minute walk and there are tram links to Manchester Old Trafford stadium, Manchester City stadium, and Media City Uk. Attractions nearby include Canal Street, Oxford Road, Palace and Opera House theatres and lots of bars and restaurants. Passes for nearby gym facilities are available please enquire at reception. Parking is available at a discounted rate (approx £14.50 per over night stay) at the Q Park on St James St - M1 4LX. Voucher is available from hotel reception upon departure. Our Manchester (Portland Street) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Portland Street) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Portland Street
- Travel Inn Manchester