“The Great Cornerhouse”

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Great Cornerhouse”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I went to the Cornerhouse to see The Great Gatsby, which is an alright film but I've not taken the film into account on this review.

I've only been to the main screen, which is small by Cineworld, Vue and Odeon standards but it is definitely a big enough screen for the size of the theatre. The seats are comfy and despite having someone sat in front of me, there was not an issue with my line of sight.

I was surprised with the cheap cost of tickets, £5.50 for a standard, however this might be cheaper because I caught a daytime showing.

Visited May 2013

Rimini, Italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cornerhouse cafe”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Excellent coffee, excellent place, excellent environment. I enjoyed every minute of being there and the service was very good. I would definately go again there. If you do prefer the first floor anf if available choose one of the bog,cosy,black sofas

Visited April 2013
Manchester, England
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Great cultural centre”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The Cornerhouse is one of our favourite spots in Manchester. As well as its galleries which have regularly changing exhibitions of top contemporary art, there is a 3-screen art house cinema showing really interesting films - we like the annual Spanish and Latin American Film Festival very much. And there's an excellent cafe and restaurant. Mondays and Tuesdays they have a 'Reel Deal' which is great value - pizza, beer or wine and a film for a bargain price. Just be careful if your film is on in Cinema 3 - it's tiny and can be hard to get seats together if you don't get in early.

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Workers' lunch in the cafe”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

If you need a bite to eat while visiting, the 1st floor café is the place to go. The food there all looked so inviting and tasty, it was difficult to make a decision. At the end I had one of the workers’ lunches Falafel with flatbread, salad & tzatziki with a drink for £7. An excellent choice. The café is child-friendly, a high chair etc was provided for our 8-month old girl. A good central location.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Magda O
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“This place is great”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

my boyfriend and i were going up to manchester for a wedding and had some spare time to fill in. we googled what was on that weekend and found "cornerhouse" which was holding a david shrigley exhibition. so along we went and it was free! excellent! stayed and had dinner in the restaurant which was good and the service was nice - would definitely return

Visited October 2012