“The real shamless!”

Hendam House Hotel
Ranked #22 of 26 Manchester B&B and Inns
“The real shamless!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for about 20mins as it was that bad, when the sat nav sent us to the address I thought omg house upon house with windows boarded up! Then loads of youths hanging around (probibly doing drugs) also with the street looking like a set from channel 4s shamless or a area used for testing nuclear bombs!! Anyway finally when I actually pulled up outside the hotel it was like that hotel scene in physco where lightning starts as you approach it! I then attempted to park somewhere as they're was no designated parking for any customer! So I decided to ask the hotel where I'm suppose to park? As I was also checking in at the same time the cleaner although friendly was cleaning whilst smoking a joint round the place!! After parking we went to our room which was dirty, smelt of dead bodies and mould we had enough and decided to check into a travelodge! Hallulah ! This place is a dump and should or might already be used for drug rehabilitators , aa meetings or homeless people

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Adams32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel as a cheap place to stay whilst in Manchester for my birthday. BIG mistake. The "central location" was anything but that. More of of 15/20 drive back into the city. Upon arrival there was no where to park nor was it secure. Fenced up and graffitied areas around the hotel and the building had definitely seen better days as it was crumbling.
There was rat dropping outside the entrance, the man who I can only assume to be the receptionist was in no hurry to serve me, and sat there smoking directly under the no smoking sign! No where on the website did it say our room was with communal bathrooms. When confronting the receptionist on the website description to the real thing, even he had the cheek to say it wasn't accurate! the room we were shown to was small, dark and dirty with stains on the bedding. I didn't even attempt the bathroom out of fear what I would find. Was less then impressed and instead of risking a disease for the night, I took my partner and we booked into a holiday inn IN the town centre. Do not waste your money or fuel on this dump.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zimmy22

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed one night , meant to stay 5 horrible! Do a runner when you see this place looks like a poor part of Manchester . Service was absolutely horrendous, room was disgusting the attitude of the staff was horrible when we needed to fly home again, the owner didn't help either give everything to manager when went to manager she said you have to see owner complete joke!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Decky M
South shields
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Myself and a mate of mine booked the hendam house hotel for one night as we were attending the boxing at the phones 4u arena. On arrival the place was very dirty and once we were sent to our room I have never been on such a dirty room in my whole entire life. There was what u believe to be previously used drugs in the room, cigarette ash, bed sheets were not clean and the television wasn't working. Floors were awfully dirty as well as the window being broke so it couldn't close. There is a shared bathroom for everyone which is also filthy. Me and my friend then decided we could not stay in this place as it wasn't fit for a animal never mind a human so we went to reception and told the owner that we wouldn't be staying as it is disgusting and wasn't fit for purpose. When confronting the owner on these issues the other staff member that was there I believe to be her son started to get a attitude saying there was nothing wrong with the room, if there's nothing wrong with that room I would seriously advice some healthy and safety to go check that hotel out immediately. No refund was given so myself and my friend had booked into the travel lodge that was located right next to the arena where the services were amazing! Might advice to anyone thinking of booking run a mile!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Robbiew1993
Newcastle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived at the hotel early and they said we could check in early as no one was in the room the night before then went up the room to find cannibas in the bed cigarette ash in the bed sheets they were also stained and the bed was not made underneath the blankets the paint was falling off the ceiling then there was no arial for the tv we then went down stairs to ask if we could upgrade to a room with en suite but were told the whole building is bathroom sharing but was assured they were cleaned daily what a big fat lie that was found a bath full of flys loads of flys round the edge of the bath stained tiles tried turning the tap and it started rotating I wouldn't even put a pet in this place there were people pulling up shouting outside the place and then when we told them we would not be complaining the young man on the desk started getting an attitude and getting aggressive stating there's nothing wrong with the room at all but I think the pictures will tell another story we didn't even get a refund and had to book a travel lodge absolute shambles !!!

• Stayed July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Myself and 6 others had booked this hotel, with the expectations that we are staying in budget accommodation and we will therefore have to cope with a hotel, which wasn't entirely top notch. However, even with this insight in mind, we found the customer service diabolical. Two of the rooms were not available, which meant three of the guests had to make THEIR OWN WAY to the hotel, which included paying £9.60 for a taxi fare! We were also felt that we ourselves were at blame for the misconduct of the hotel's booking system, by a member of staff claiming that we should have booked together to avoid this- which was unbeknown to us! The organisation of the hotel was also a shambles, the two people welcoming us were drafted in at the last minute and were completely clueless to how the hotel system works and failed to try and help us with our queries. One of the rooms which was successfully booked did not match the reservation- a twin room instead of a double room, which at a lower price meant that two of my fellow guests were overcharged for their accommodation. To make things worse, there was no cold running water in the bathroom and our television was completely faulty. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachael D
Blackburn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Where to start, on arrival of Hendham House the outside looked appealing, but as we stepped inside our minds soon changed. When checking in, myself and my boyfriend was told that the hotel was overbooked and we would be relocated to a different location - even though I had not been informed of this change. As I confronted the hotel 'manager' his manner was appalling and told us 'you should of booked on the same website as you friends.' Even though the address was the same on the confirmation details as the rest of our friends. I asked would it be possible to get money for a taxi to the other hotel, as I wasn't willing to pay more money to a hotel which I had not been informed about. The manager told me he wouldn't pay for any taxi's or reimburse us. Meanwhile I had rang booking.com to see why I had not been notified about the changes, booking.com had no recollection of this. In addition I was given the new hotel contact details, but as I tried to ring the number, the number was not recognized. Leaving the hotel, there was no apology of the manager, which was very rude. I do not appreciate being spoken to and treat like this.
However the staff at the relocated hotel was very friendly and was very apologetic for any inconvenience caused.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends