“staff are amazing but no free wireless?”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 11 November 2011

room was lovely though it smelled a little of sweaty shoes, i was a bit cold at night and there was only a lightweight duvet and no extra blanket. I'm sure though that if i had asked for a spare blanket it would have been given to me. the staff were amazing - really friendly and helpful and switched on. Cloud 23 is a fabulous place for an evening drink.
I used the swimming pool area which was lovely - amazing views from the pool and jacuzzi.
The real downside was that there was no free wireless/internet anywhere. Totally agree with previous reviewer, the only thing to say about that is - REALLY?

Room Tip: i got train noise in my room which was 1102
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review and for sharing your feedback with everyone.

I am really pleased that you found all team members to be welcoming and attentive and that they looked after you during your stay.

I am pleased that you had time to visit Cloud 23 for a cocktail and enjoy a swim in the swimming pool.

Our Housekeeping team would have been more than happy to offer you extra blankets to ensure your comfort. I do hope that you stay with us again and should we have the pleasure, please highlight this request at the time of booking and we will organise for extra blankets to be in your room on arrival.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for internet use. Hilton Hotels are very transparent regards to internet charges, however the good news, is that Hilton Worldwide are currently reviewing all aspects of our WiFi and Internet policy. I have passed on your feedback to our relevant teams within the organisation and I look forward to being able to update you in the very near future.

I do hope that your travels bring you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate and that we are able to look after you once again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Great Place to stay in Manchester. Great Reception Staff, large, well lit, clean rooms. Across the street to public car park. Great view of Manchester from the Lounge Bar on the top floor. Very close to the downtown shopping area. The Breakfast included in the room charge is very elaborate and suits all tastes. The Bar in the ground floor is open till the wee hours of the morning and great value.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed one night in the hotel, well equipped room, friendly staff, fantastic views (I was on the 16th floor) beautiful Cocktail bar on the 23rd floor - look out one side you can see Old Trafford (lit in red) the other side Maine Road (obviously in blue!). Central location was very handy.

I still feel let down at over £100 a night midweek, internet connectivity in the room is an extra £15.

Room Tip: Go high for the views and pick a side that looks out over the red side of town or blue - depending o...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, we appreciate your time.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the views from the floor to ceiling windows that the hotel has to offer in many areas and that you had time to enjoy our 23rd floor Cloud 23 cocktail bar.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at the Hilton to celebrate my birthday. We arrived early and the concierge stored our luggage and showed us where to park the car. We then went shopping in Manchester. The young lady at check-in was very friendly and efficient and made us feel special. The room offer included fresh fruit/chocolates and the strawberries dipped in chocolate were mouth-watering. The view from our room on the 13th floor was fabulous. The bed was very comfortable and sheets were clean and fresh although the room was let down by the condition of the carpet. We dined at the Podium restaurant where once again the food and service were first class with the special touch of a complimentary glass of sparkling wine to celebrate my birthday. Later that evening we visited Cloud 23 Cocktail Bar which was a brilliant end to my birthday made even more special by the attentive staff. The next morning we sat down to breakfast with delicious fresh orange juice. There was an excellent choice at the buffet table and the waiter also asked us if we would like to order an omelette or poached eggs from the kitchen which he brought to our table.

I was surprised by the level of attentive service at the Hilton which I thought you could only get in Dubai or the Far East and will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTravelling49

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone. I really appreciate your kind words.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to celebrate your birthday; it was our pleasure to be able to look after you during your stay.

I am so pleased that your guest room was to your liking and that you enjoyed the facilities and views from your 13th floor bedroom. I am very sorry that the carpet in your room was marked; I can confirm as part of our on going Capital Plans that that an order for replacement carpets has been made and we are currently waiting for a delivery.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found the buffet to have an excellent choice.

It was a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to use so many of the hotel’s facilities during you stay and that you enjoyed your visit with us. So glad to hear my team recognised your birthday, and I will be sharing your kind comments as they are a great motivator.

I am thrilled that you will be returning to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed two nights at Hilton Deansgate in October and had a great stay. I had access to the executive lounge for breakfast and evening cocktails, and it was of good quality.

I used the gym and it was of good quality, perhaps a bit small.

I can recommend this hotel for central Manchester

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel is not cheap but would go back anytime. Great rooms and impressive cloud bar.

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review.

I am delighted to read you would come back to stay with us anytime and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a modern hotel. The room was spacious. clean and modern with great views across Manchester.

The hotel is close to the Deansgate Tram stop and the Museum of Science and Industry. The executive lounge staff were friendly and breakfast and snacks were good.

Parking is in the public car park next door to the hotel with ticket validation by the hotel. Your car can remain on the forecourt while unloading which worked well for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive and informative feedback with everyone following your stay with us.