Hilton Manchester Deansgate
INNSIDE Manchester(Manchester)
The Midland(Manchester)
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
4,704 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed in a Queen room on saturday night paying £199 for B&B. Really quite a lot of money!
Pros: The Cloud bar has a stunning view, friendly staff both at bottom and top of lift. Depending on your persuasion, Man City stay there (they leave for home games at lunchtime so dont expect to pull up in front of the hotel)
Check-out was friendly and efficient

Cons: (in no particular order)
Check-in staff cool- certainly not the usual Hilton welcome recognising Hilton Honours etc
One out of three lifts not working means really long waits. All guests were grumpy. (Saving electricity?)
Only one arm chair and one desk chair- you cant sit and read together at the same eye level. Weird.
The bed is cheap. You can feel the springs. It creaks mercilessly given any lateral movement!
The tv reception was poor and remote typically unresponsive.
Our shaving/make-up mirror was hanging off the wall.
The shower was weak (surprising in such a tall building) and the controls very fiddly. You'll see exactly what i mean if you stay here.
The lighting is very low level. Only one side has bedside light- designer chic, of course.
Breakfast-
Very very poor coffee and tea
If I had brought children there would have been a riot that there were no colour-or-sugar-fortified cereals like frosties or coco pops. I thought these were standard issue.
Anyway the cereals are strangely parked a long way from the rest of the buffet starters like fruit salad and are perched on a plinth which would be well out of reach for children even if they had liked what was on offer.

This is after all a very busy, poor Hilton where you are just a number located in a fantastic 5 star looking building

Room Tip: Unless you like the reassuring noise like a train in the night, refuse a room whose number ends in 03. The express lift to the Cloud bar whizzes up and down next to these rooms until all revellers and staff have gone.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on line and for sharing your thoughts with everyone.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Cloud 23 and that you found our team members to be welcoming during your stay.

Unfortunately, during your stay one of our guest lifts broke down, an engineer was called to site within 2 hours. Unfortunately the problem could not be rectified immediately as it meant waiting for a specialist part to be delivered. I can assure you that it was not an effort to save on Electricity! I have asked our lift engineers to keep spares here on site so that next time we will avoid the wait.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the maintenance of your room which was clearly not to our usual high standard. There can be no excuse for poor repair and I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Our Facilities Manager and his team have been made aware of your comments and I can assure you that action has been taken to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future.

I note your comments regarding the layout of our breakfast offerings and I have discussed this with my management team and we will look at alternatives when we next update our breakfast operation.

I am sorry for your disappointment in some aspects of your stay but I certainly hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My wife called me tonight to tell me that on arrival at this hotel it was overbooked and there was no room available. They were told that there were quite a few other people in the same position with a number of rooms over-booked a Saturday in the run up to Christmas. She has been found an alternative hotel with some delay at a much higher price with a hike across town. This was meant to be the highlight of the weekend for her and her best friend, and they now cannot visit the cloud 23 bar, spa or pool. Its frankly no use having great facilities if the basics in honouring a room booking are not met. RT (Halifax)

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rob T

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review.

Your feedback has allowed me to launch an investigation into your comments.

It has been highlighted that your reservation was made for 20th November 2011, however you arrived at the hotel on 19th November 2011 and we were unable to offer you a room as we were already fully booked. Should we have had a room to offer you, we would of course been more than happy to do so.

I am please that our Guest Relations Manager was able to locate you alternative accommodation within a city centre hotel and I hope you stay there was a comfortable one.

We have tried to contact you by telephone to discuss this with you, however we have been unsuccessful, should you wish to discuss in more detail, please contact Kara Monteiro on 0161 870 1752.

We do hope that we are able to welcome you to the hotel in the future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Reviewed 17 November 2011

There is nothing at all nice about this hotel with the exception of the bar ( cloud ). Oh and the breakfast, for a buffet is better than others I've had at better hotels, however it ends there. The worst thing about it has to be the matresses, which I complained about whilst there. They are appallingly bad, it's possible to feel the springs through them. The rooms are also tatty, with a lack of thought e.g. The hairdryer is attached to the wall through a dresser so the hairdryer can only be used in one place and the cable wasn't long enough to use on the back of my head so I had to twist around to use it. The wire in the cable was also exposed.

The shower wasn't clean, there were holes in the bedding etc.

I was hoping this was a one off as I had booked a return visit for that weekend to attend a wedding close by. I was wrong. The mattress was just as bad as was the bedding. There was also dirt on the walls and there was no lighting by the mirror in the bedroom, which there had been in my previous room, which meant there was nowhere to apply make up that had sufficient lighting.

The worse thing of the stay was when we returned from the wedding and were pounced on by several bouncers as we entered the hotel asking if we were staying? It felt very cheap and nasty. I realized that because they have a public bar they have bouncers at the hotel entrance!

Overall I would go out of my way not to stay here again. Incidentally the bridesmaids and wedding party were leo staying here and had similar feedback. One of the party were left without electric in their room for several hours before it was resolved, meaning they couldn't get ready for the wedding! They also overcharged for the rooms etc.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rachel101
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for completing this review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in Cloud 23 and that our large breakfast offering was to your liking.

I can assure you that I have taken on board your comments and I can confirm that an internal investigation of the bed in your room has been completed. I, together with my Facilities Manager and Executive Head Housekeeper have checked the bed including the base, mattress, headboard and surrounding area we can not find anything to suggest why you would find it uncomfortable. However I appreciate that this does not detract from your experience.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the bed linen in your room. I can not imagine how marked linen could have been placed in your room as our room attendants are trained to be exceptionally vigilant. I have personally spoken at length with our Executive Head Housekeeper and the Room Attendant concerned. I am assured that she has taken the necessary action within her department to ensure that the shortfall you encountered does not recur in the future. I can assure that this incident is an isolated one and the team member who serviced your room has been dealt with accordingly. Our laundry company have also been made aware of your comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that I have taken your comments regarding the hairdryer in your room very seriously as the health and safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us at Hilton. I can confirm that since receiving your comments our Maintenance Manager has conducted a complete audit of the hair dryer in your room to ensure that it was to standard. He was unable to locate a defect or fault.

I note your comment regarding Wi-Fi in our guest rooms and I am happy to confirm that Wi-Fi is available in full via BT Openzone on the Ground, 1st, 2nd and 23rd floors. Floors 4-22 have high speed internet available through cable connection. The good news however, is that Hilton Worldwide are currently reviewing all aspects of our WiFi and Internet policy and we anticipate to be able to offer WiFi to all guest bedrooms by the end of 2011.

I am exceptionally sorry that you were made to feel unwelcome/uncomfortable on your return to the hotel. Our Security team members are here for our guest’s and team member’s safety and I am sorry if their approach was not as professional as it ordinarily is. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that there is no recurrence.

I do hope that you have received our written correspondence which has been sent to you personally via e-mail with our goodwill gesture.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We booked a Great Getaway deal for three nights in August 2011. We had an executive room on the 20th floor. The room was excellent - spacious, quiet and with great views. The breakfast buffet offered a very extensive choice and the quality was good. We would give the hotel a maximum rating were it not for a few minor issues. Firstly, some of the male staff in the restaurant were making a nuisance of themselves in trying to persuade the guests to fill in a card recommending themselves as "good guys". Secondly, while the Club Lounge was attractive and comfortable, again with great views, the selection of food was not as good as we have experienced in other club lounges. Thirdly, as another reviewer has commented, we also had a problem with validation of our parking ticket, although this was eventually sorted out through e-mails with the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor for view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your guest room and breakfast.

However, I was disappointed to read your feedback about the team members in Podium restaurant, this is certainly not the way in which they have been trained to conduct themselves and I am sorry if you felt that they were intrusive. This has been addressed with the team in the restaurant.

I am pleased that you found our 23rd Executive Lounge to be attractive and comfortable and I note your comments regarding the food offering in the lounge. I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with our kitchen team.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stopped here for two nights in October and cant recommend it enough. The hotel is central, staff are excellent and everything was perfect. We swapped rooms within five minutesof arriving as my wife does not like o be near the lift (strange) but reception were excellent sorting another room on same floor immeadiatly and getting someone to move our bags.

Rooms are spacious, well equiped and clean. On the night we cameback to thehotel early after goingto a concert and joined the queue for the Cloud 23 bar. One of the staff recognised us and beause we were resident at the hotel we got instant access to the bar, real VIP treatment. The views from the bar are spectacular, as are the prices but this is a must visit bar in Manchester.

To top it all off then we came down for breakfast the whole of the Manchester City team were in there, this being derby day, made it a good story to tell friends andfamily. The hotel is expensive but as they always say, you get what you pay for

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the views
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am glad that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer you all the amenities you had had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

I am really pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the future, when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.