Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Orbitz.com
US$129
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Manchester Central(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$63
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
4,704 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Love this hotel, have stayed in it 3 times now on visits to Manchester. Stayed there this weekend, found our tv in room wasnt working, moved to another room, same problem! Moved to our third room and it was fine! The girl at reception could not have been more helpful and apologetic, problems happen its how they are dealt with that matters. First class service will be back

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We are delighted that you have chosen to return to stay with us time after time. And we appreciate your loyalty.

Please accept my apologies that you had to move rooms due to issues with the televisions, however may I thank you for expressing your gratitude in how the team here dealt with this. I have certainly shared your feedback with the Reception team and can confirm that the televisions in the rooms in question are now in working order. In addition, we have just placed an order to replace all bedrooms televisions with large fully interactive HD TV’s and we expect installation to commence early 2012.

I certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back as our guest when you next visit Manchester, when we can look after you once again.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed Friday 2nd December 2011 for 1 night.
I would like to start by thanking Caris who went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect, thank you. We had 4 rooms booked altogether and requested one to be interconnecting which she sorted without a question, as we arrived a little early I expected to have a wait for our rooms but they were all ready. Also the concierge team were fantastic, they had even put our cases in the boot ready for collection. The breakfast is also worth paying a little extra for, very nice! Cloud 23 a must, perfect for us ladies as the cocktails were good and the waiter a dish.
To top it off Fantastic!
If I had to find a negative £14.95 is a bit high for wireless connection.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your stay with us at the weekend.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed our friendly and helpful team members, in particular Karis and our Concierge team. I am really pleased that they were able to make your arrival and departure as smooth as possible.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to confirm that as from 30th November 2011 we now offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Firstly the lobby, concierge and valet services (cost £20) were fantastic. We booked an Executive King Spa Room arrived early to enjoy the Christmas Market prior to check in. We were informed someone was in our room and to return at 3pm when rooms were guaranteed which we did. We were directed up to the club lounge. This provides nibbles during the day and drinks throughout - wine seemed to be included in the afternoon but more acceptable with the very tasty canopes at 6-8pm.

We were disappointed to find out that, despite 3 hours of warning that we were in Manchester, our room was not made up, and was not completed until 4.15pm - something that was definately not what we had planned at £230 per night - you expect the full time in your room. The lady in the club lounge offered us (after persuasion) 1 hour later check out, a bottle of wine in our room (cheap and rough wine!) and a glass of champagne whilst we waited. This disappointment was severely set in as it was a birthday trip and we didn't totally feel that these extras which could all be got from the executive lounge after (champagne excluded) 6pm made up for the poor maid service. And being told our room was particularly dirty doesn't really appeal to anyone stayig in a hotel for the night.

After eventually checking into our 16th floor room and inspecting it for cleanliness, we were satisfied it was clean. A wonky lamp was our only gripe and showed lack of attention to detail. The room was a good size, bathroom had a large shower with extra jets and a separate jet bath which was nice, with a television in the bathroom. The television didn't have films etc so don't expect that though.

Room service were slow providing an ice bucket for the complimentary wine - another lack of attention to detail.

We were pleased our complimentary extra pillows and towels were in the room upon arrival and a Happpy Birthday plate with chocolates and fruit was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet providing a lovely nights sleep to even a light sleeper.

Overall a great stay if you don't consider the 1.5hour wait to get into our room. Would recommend the executive rooms as you can really get your moneys worth in the club lounge, and breakfast comprised limited hot food as well as toast and pastries etc.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this detailed review.

I am pleased that you were able to book to stay in an Executive room and that you were able to use the facilities of our 23rd Executive Lounge.

Please accept my apologies that your room was not ready at 3.00pm. The night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately our Housekeeping team were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in. Our Executive Head Housekeeper is reviewing her planning in order we avoid a repeat of this situation.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your room and that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds.

Delighted to learn that my team recognised your birthday and placed a ‘celebration plate’ in your room.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Location:
Great location in the city centre. You can reach most of city attraction pretty easy from this hotel.

Room:
Decent size room, with refresh modern interior, and comfortable bed. The bathroom size a bit small, but very clean and well maintained. Great view if you get high-floor room.

Staff:
Staff was very friendly and explain everything when we arrived. They give a lot of suggestion for us.

Facilities:
"Living Well" fitness centre available on the decent size and very clean. Indoor pool also available. Very limited parking space, if you cannot get one then you can go the the next building for NCP and give the ticket to the hotel reception for discount rate. Cloud 23 bar was a great experience - must visit.

In Conclusion:
Great location hotel with refreshed interior. I would recommend this hotel for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very informative feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our location, facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope that we are able to look after you once again on a future stay.

Kara Monteiro
Director of Operations

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Like the other positive reviewers, I am rather puzzled by the bad reviews for this hotel but they have compelled me to add my two pennies worth. I thought this hotel was excellent. My bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable with a stupendous view over the city; so much so that I didn’t close my curtains. It was located right at the end of the corridor, so I wasn’t disturbed by other guests.

The one thing which would have irritated me if I hadn’t been alone, is the fact that there is a little window between the bath- and bedroom, right by the head of the bed. So if your partner goes to the (very nice) bathroom in the middle of the night, then the bathroom light would shine in your face.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I also went to the Cloud Bar in the evening (after queuing for what seemed like hours), which I found over-priced, pretentious and boring, but as I am not in the market to nab myself a footballer, I clearly don’t form part of their target audience.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time taken to complete this review.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and like many other guests; you enjoyed the wonderful, panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows of your bedroom and that you had a good breakfast prior to your departure.

Thank you for your comment regarding the frosted glass pane in our guest bedrooms. I can only apologise that this design feature is not too your liking. However, I am very pleased to read that this will not deter you from returning to the hotel.

My apologies that you had to wait to gain access to Cloud 23. As a valued guest of the hotel you are given priority access with those booked on the guest list. We are limited to numbers on the 23rd floor due to fire regulations and I am sorry that you encountered a wait on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kara Monteiro