“Beautiful hotel - go on treat yourself”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Stayed at the Hilton on the 9th December for a bit of a Christmas treat. we booked 2 rooms as my partners Dad and brother was also staying. I have visited the Cloud 23 before but never stayed at the hotel so was very excited to check in. the rooms were booked via the secret room so I believe we got a good rate (i didn't pay so not sure!!)
As my Boyfriend was at work until later, i went down to the hotel on my own to get checked in and settled while I waited for him. There was a queue for check in but I wasn't left waiting too long, the staff were helpful and efficient on check in.
I went up to my room on the 17th floor, and ridiculously excited that our room was an exectuive suite!!! being so high up the view was stunning (even better at night when you could see xmas lights for miles!) the room was immaculate, the bed was soooo comfy!!! The decor was smart, sophisitcated and modern, and the bathroom was also faultless (although we did have scales in the bathroom - not the best start to my stay but my fault for 'seeing how much Iweigh!!! who needs scales when you are stayying in a hotel!?!?)
We met the guys up in Cloud 23 and as always were not dissappointed, great service, great drinks and great staff...
All in all I was expecting a great stay and thats exactly what we got - my only critcism is after a few drinks in the town I was desperate for some munchies when I called room service the only thing they could offer was vegetarian lasagne or beef lasagne??? Very strange options for 2am!! I only wanted some chips!!!
Would definitely recommend staying here if you can get a good rate even better but it is still worth splashing the cash for a treat

Room Tip: Get a kebab on the way home, the room service is shocking!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this detailed review following your recent stay with us.

My team and I were more then happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had a fantastic time and that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer.

Delighted that your 17th floor room was everything you expected and I am really pleased that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the hotel to be suitable for your stay and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer. I agree that the view is even more spectacular at night when the city lights up.

Please accept my apologies that you were not able to order what you wanted via room service on your return to the hotel. I have shared this with our kitchen team to ensure that we do not disappoint our guests in the future.

Thank you recommending us to everyone and I certainly hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel wss great for location as we were eating nearby. On arrival we were checked in by staff who in my opinion seemed grumpy and not so friendly.We went to our room which was ok not the best but the views over man were a bonus.After waiting for somone to serve us a drink in the bar a nice waitress took time to recomend a lovely italian restaurant for lunch which she offered to book us in. Great restaurant which i also reveiwed (san marco). After coming back from the italian we met more friends in the hotel bar which upon ordering drinks slow again, we waited 25 mins to get them. It wasnt even busy!. We reserved in the cloud bar which was better and enjoyed the views from the 23rd floor. Would prob stay again but would look at others first.

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we value your feedback.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

Please accept my apologies that you encountered a delay in service and delivery of your drinks whilst in Podium Bar. Our Food & Beverage Manager has been made aware of your comments and he has taken action within his team to ensure that this does not happen again.

I was absolutely horrified to read your point regarding the manner of the Reception team member whilst you were checking out. This is certainly not how our team members have been trained and I can assure you that they have been retrained to ensure that this does not happen again.

I do hope that you are able to return to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the bear future.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed here 1 night 07/12/2011 had a very comfortable night. The staff are very attentive and friendly. The TV remote had flat batteries which were changed immediately by helpful David from Maintenance dept, he is an asset to this hotel! The Breakfast was excellent! Very good NCP car park next door. On the negative, I was disappointed with the fittings in my room, had a very flat pack feel to them which for a city centre Hilton is surprising. Nontheless a great hotel and will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone.

It was a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to use the hotel’s facilities during you stay and that you enjoyed your visit with us. So glad to hear my team were friendly and attentive. David from our Facilities team has been made aware of your kind words.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that the adjacent NCP car park was convenient for you.

However, I am very sorry that the bedroom fittings were not too your liking and your comments have been taken on board for when we carry out bedroom refurbishments.

I am thrilled that you will be returning to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Love this hotel, have stayed in it 3 times now on visits to Manchester. Stayed there this weekend, found our tv in room wasnt working, moved to another room, same problem! Moved to our third room and it was fine! The girl at reception could not have been more helpful and apologetic, problems happen its how they are dealt with that matters. First class service will be back

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We are delighted that you have chosen to return to stay with us time after time. And we appreciate your loyalty.

Please accept my apologies that you had to move rooms due to issues with the televisions, however may I thank you for expressing your gratitude in how the team here dealt with this. I have certainly shared your feedback with the Reception team and can confirm that the televisions in the rooms in question are now in working order. In addition, we have just placed an order to replace all bedrooms televisions with large fully interactive HD TV’s and we expect installation to commence early 2012.

I certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back as our guest when you next visit Manchester, when we can look after you once again.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed Friday 2nd December 2011 for 1 night.
I would like to start by thanking Caris who went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect, thank you. We had 4 rooms booked altogether and requested one to be interconnecting which she sorted without a question, as we arrived a little early I expected to have a wait for our rooms but they were all ready. Also the concierge team were fantastic, they had even put our cases in the boot ready for collection. The breakfast is also worth paying a little extra for, very nice! Cloud 23 a must, perfect for us ladies as the cocktails were good and the waiter a dish.
To top it off Fantastic!
If I had to find a negative £14.95 is a bit high for wireless connection.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your stay with us at the weekend.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed our friendly and helpful team members, in particular Karis and our Concierge team. I am really pleased that they were able to make your arrival and departure as smooth as possible.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to confirm that as from 30th November 2011 we now offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Firstly the lobby, concierge and valet services (cost £20) were fantastic. We booked an Executive King Spa Room arrived early to enjoy the Christmas Market prior to check in. We were informed someone was in our room and to return at 3pm when rooms were guaranteed which we did. We were directed up to the club lounge. This provides nibbles during the day and drinks throughout - wine seemed to be included in the afternoon but more acceptable with the very tasty canopes at 6-8pm.

We were disappointed to find out that, despite 3 hours of warning that we were in Manchester, our room was not made up, and was not completed until 4.15pm - something that was definately not what we had planned at £230 per night - you expect the full time in your room. The lady in the club lounge offered us (after persuasion) 1 hour later check out, a bottle of wine in our room (cheap and rough wine!) and a glass of champagne whilst we waited. This disappointment was severely set in as it was a birthday trip and we didn't totally feel that these extras which could all be got from the executive lounge after (champagne excluded) 6pm made up for the poor maid service. And being told our room was particularly dirty doesn't really appeal to anyone stayig in a hotel for the night.

After eventually checking into our 16th floor room and inspecting it for cleanliness, we were satisfied it was clean. A wonky lamp was our only gripe and showed lack of attention to detail. The room was a good size, bathroom had a large shower with extra jets and a separate jet bath which was nice, with a television in the bathroom. The television didn't have films etc so don't expect that though.

Room service were slow providing an ice bucket for the complimentary wine - another lack of attention to detail.

We were pleased our complimentary extra pillows and towels were in the room upon arrival and a Happpy Birthday plate with chocolates and fruit was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet providing a lovely nights sleep to even a light sleeper.

Overall a great stay if you don't consider the 1.5hour wait to get into our room. Would recommend the executive rooms as you can really get your moneys worth in the club lounge, and breakfast comprised limited hot food as well as toast and pastries etc.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this detailed review.

I am pleased that you were able to book to stay in an Executive room and that you were able to use the facilities of our 23rd Executive Lounge.

Please accept my apologies that your room was not ready at 3.00pm. The night prior to your stay was very busy and unfortunately our Housekeeping team were under pressure to service all of the rooms in preparation for check in. Our Executive Head Housekeeper is reviewing her planning in order we avoid a repeat of this situation.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your room and that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds.

Delighted to learn that my team recognised your birthday and placed a ‘celebration plate’ in your room.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Location:
Great location in the city centre. You can reach most of city attraction pretty easy from this hotel.

Room:
Decent size room, with refresh modern interior, and comfortable bed. The bathroom size a bit small, but very clean and well maintained. Great view if you get high-floor room.

Staff:
Staff was very friendly and explain everything when we arrived. They give a lot of suggestion for us.

Facilities:
"Living Well" fitness centre available on the decent size and very clean. Indoor pool also available. Very limited parking space, if you cannot get one then you can go the the next building for NCP and give the ticket to the hotel reception for discount rate. Cloud 23 bar was a great experience - must visit.

In Conclusion:
Great location hotel with refreshed interior. I would recommend this hotel for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
BernadetteFGilligan, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your very informative feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our location, facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope that we are able to look after you once again on a future stay.

Kara Monteiro