“Pleasantly Surprised..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
San Diego, California
“Pleasantly Surprised..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

The boyfriend and I took a trip to Manchester to catch a Manchester United game in April. We were on a budget (we earn the US Dollar!) so decided to take a chance on an unknown priceline hotel priced within our range. We SCORED with this hotel.

First, the location is within walking distance to Old Trafford (Just follow the wave of RED) & is very close to the train! It is a little walk and even shorter cab ride to the near by shopping area & ferris wheel. The hotel itself was GORGEOUS. We dressed up, skipped the line as guests and hung out in the lounge for awhile enjoying drinks before retiring to our rooms. The VIEW was gorgeous, furniture was modern and chic... and WE loved the bathroom & big bed :)

We woke up early for breakfast (priceline came with 2 continental breakfasts) which was delicious. AND we saw EVERTON's squad board their bus in front of the hotel. BONUS! I sure wish I would have known they were staying in our hotel ;)

In conclusion, my boyfriend said it best, "Next time we come to England for a game, let's completely skip London, fly directly into Manchester and stay a few nights at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate." I wish we had more time to explore Manchester.

I almost forgot.. the STAFF was wonderful when we checked in AND when we left our luggage at the Front Desk while we enjoyed the game at Old Trafford!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer I
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with everyone following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester to watch Manchester United at Old Trafford.

I am really pleased that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer your all the amenities you had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

Thank you for highly recommending us to fellow readers and we do hope that you are able to stay with us again when you visit Manchester so that we can look after you once again.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
TheQuickOne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in a standard room for a business Awards ceremony.

The hotel is extremely moden and is a very pleasant place. The event was pulled off very well. The waters were continuously topping up drinks and the food came to the table all at once, all in the right order. The food was very good, and the service throughout the hotel was good in most cases.

Very clean and spacious rooms, with floor to sealing windows and TV audio in the bathroom. The room service was also good, serving a limited menue into the early hours of the morning, although this was a little expensive.

If you are staying at the hotel, it is essential you visit Cloud 23 , even if just for one drink. As a resident you can jump the queue. The atmosphere is like no other bar and the service is second to non. Although the drinks are expensive, it could be worse.

The only negative was that they only had one lady on the resident bar into the night. With such a large event being hosted at the hotel, it is obvious everyone is going to head into the bar afterwards. The poor bar lady was rushed off her feet and we did have to wait for drinks quite often.

Would highly recommend as an event venue or just an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

We were delighted to be able to look after you during your recent event which we had the pleasure of hosting recently, I am glad that the team members were attentive throughout the evening to ensure your comfort.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities and service to be excellent. I am only disappointed that you encountered a delay whilst in our Podium Bar, this has been addressed.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Cumbria, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Was really looking forward to a break at this hotel, I booked it using my shopping points vouchers so we got it at half price - which I thought was a bargain! Plus it always looks a really plush hotel when you see it. The rooms were comfortable but small, the views were excellent though across the city. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was on the cold side and could have done with being a bit warmer, but I think someone must have complained on the first day as on the second day there was a marked improvement. We visited the cloud 23 bar on the 23rd floor where they had beers, wines and cocktails. Prices ranged from £4 ish for a bottle of beer to between £7 to £11 for a glass of wine or cocktail. Bar was lovely and the views again superb. I enjoyed the break but I must admit I would have been very disappointed if we had paid full price. I have been to a lot of hotels in this country - Malmaison, Rockliffe Hall, Swissotel and several of the De Veres and I have to say they are much nicer and cheaper!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your feedback with everyone.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Cloud 23 and that you found our team members to be welcoming during your stay.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

Please accept my apologies that the breakfast was not to your liking on the first day; however I am pleased to read that you noticed an improvement the following morning.

I appreciate that Manchester has many hotels to offer its visitors and we appreciate that on this occasion you decided to stay with us.

I certainly hope that you are able return to the hotel in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here on Fri 20.01.12 with my fiance in a standard room. The room was a good size and the bed huge! The bathroom was on the small size but adequate. Only problem was the shower leaked meaning a mopping up operation after each shower. We were only on the 6th floor so view wasn't as good as on higher floors. We didn't eat here or visit the bar on the 23rd floor so cannot comment on them. All in all we would stay again as only paid £66.30 via laterooms.com.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are on higher floors and probably have better views and include breakfast in the Exe...
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review on line.

I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of one of the many deals that we offer.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our guest rooms however I am very sorry that the shower leaked during your stay, this has been addressed by our Facilities department.

I hope that you are able to stay with us again when you may have the time to visit Cloud 23 and dine in our Podium restaurant.

manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my partners birthday with friends in December.

Again we got a great deal through booking.com. Following the booking, we received confirmation direct from the hotel. They gave us the option of paying an extra £15 to secure an upgrade to an executive room if they were available.

We were glad we did as when we booked in, we were upgraded which allowed access to the Executive lounge. This lounge provides drinks and canopies from 1700-2000 (if i remember correctly) and was great value for the £15.

The room was fantastic with a view that was simply amazing.

A visit to cloud 23 is a must. We pre-booked and made them aware of my partners birthday. They provided her with champagne and our only little area in the corner of the bar, again with a fantastic view.

I would have no hesitation in staying at the Hilton again

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your recent stay with us.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am really pleased that you were able to upgrade your room on arrival which allowed you to enjoy the wonderful view of Manchester and beyond from the 23rd floor Executive Lounge.

I am thrilled that you decided to celebrate your partner’s birthday with us and that this was recognised during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

GB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Pros

Location
The view
Price
Executive lounge (if you have a upgraded room)
Breakfast
check in and check out

Cons

Parking
The tiling in my room was showing signs of mildew (room 2014)
Room rat
OK in a bit more depth parking is rubbish and expensive, check in good, lovely room got the upgrade as Diamond member, like the executive floor touch not that common yet in other Hiltons. Room was good size and the bed was excellent, bathroom had some mildew which they need to sort out. Safe didnt work but wasnt too much of a problem, breakfast was excellent wanted the full variety so went downstairs rather than back to exe lounge. check out was most efficient.
Conclusion-its a big business hotel during the week so perfect but it aint cheap at the weekend, I would stay here again but would figure out somewhere to park that isnt such a rip off.

Sutton Coldfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Couldn't check in as the room was not ready, finally arrived in my room, where a strange orange stain was in ground into the carpet. In addition the carpet by the window was warped and needed replacing. Mildew in the grout between some of the tiles in the bathroom and the wifi did not work. They did offer another solution, however, the connection was very temperamental.

Not impressed after all this is a Hilton in one of the UK's major cities.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lord_Hillier
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

Please accept my apologies that the carpet in your room had marks on it. I am pleased to be able to confirm that an order for replacement carpets has been placed and we are currently waiting for a delivery.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the cleanliness of the bathroom in your room which was clearly not to our usual high standard. There can be no excuse for poor cleanliness and I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Our Housekeeping team do have an ongoing preventative programme in place with regards to bathroom mildew and I am sorry that this was not noticed prior to your arrival.

I do hope that you are able to visit us when you next plan a visit to Manchester.