“Modern/Trendy rooms & Cloud 23 bar is amazing!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Loved everything about my stay in this hotel! The rooms are lovely, really trendy and classy! You can access the bar upstairs, without queing, called cloud 23 which is very popular due to the amazing cocktails and view! Would definitley recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank helen11936
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit to Cloud 23.

Thank you for recommending us and I do hope that we are able to look after you once again on a future stay.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,644)

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Nice modern hotel in good position in Manchester, as an Honors Gold, we were upgraded to an exec room, with exec lounge access on the 18th floor, great room with all the luxuries, and a welcoming exec lounge with free drinks and light hot food between 5pm and 8pm. Breakfast very good too with friendly staff and good choice. Only let down was the stuffy door lady in the Sky Bar who let everyone down!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service, location and team members to be excellent.

I am absolutely horrified to learn of your feedback regarding the manner of Cloud 23 host. This is certainly not the attitude I will accept or tolerate within this hotel. As a four star deluxe hotel, we pride ourselves on service standards.

I certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Very disappointed at the quality of this hotel when you consider the price of staying. The hotel couldn't be closer to the train station/metrolink for reaching other parts of the city. The check in was confusing and after a long wait at the desk and despite arriving at 5pm our room was not ready and the receptionist was going to ask us to have a coffee and wait in the lounge but luckily we were placed in another available room. Must say that staff were very nice and apologetic. The room itself was pretty nice and the view was amazing. However, the bathroom was a little dingy. We opted to buy a breakfast for around £10 which was lukewarm and obvious that the food had been out a long time. I was glad that I booked the room during a sale as after my experience I would have very disappointed if paid full price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrmen49

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback with everyone following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am sorry that you were informed that your room was originally not ready on arrival at the hotel; however I am pleased that a room then became available for you. I have shared your feedback with our Head Housekeeping and she is revisiting her rota allocation to ensure that this does not recur in the future.

I am pleased that your guest room was to your liking, however I am disappointed to read that you felt the bathroom was ‘dingy’. I appreciate that this is a personal choice and I certainly hope that this does not deter your from returning to the hotel in the future.

I can assure you that our breakfast offering is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager and she is reviewing her operation of breakfast service to ensure we do not receive this comment again.

I certainly do hope that you are able to return to stay with us when we have future ‘deals’ available.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

It was an impromptu decision to stay out for the night and we picked the Hilton.On arrival the staff were friendly and professional. The room was very clean and modern and the bathroom gleaming. However the selling point of this hotel has to be the fantastic views over the city, it was a clear day and you could see for miles from our window.
We did not eat or drink in the hotel in the evening. We did decide however to come back early with the idea we may have a cocktail in the bar on floor 23 which has spectacular panoramic views of the city at night. The reception area was teeming with 'groups' who had apparently 'booked' to go to the bar. Despite being paid hotel guests we still had to wait in some strange queueing system to get in the lift to take us there. We waited for 10 minutes but then gave up, this was disappointing.
Breakfast was a help yourself buffet. There was a wide choice of food for all conceivable brekkie palates and the food was good and plentiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your impromptu night out and that you found our team members to be friendly and professional.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased like many other guests that you enjoyed the views of Manchester from our floor to ceiling windows.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy a cocktail in Cloud 23 during your stay. Our priority does lie with our hotel residents and those guests booked on our guest list and I am sorry that entry was not gained as quickly as we would have liked.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope that you are able to return to the hotel at which point I hope you are able to enjoy a cocktail in Cloud 23.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

If you are a frequent Hilton member then you should love this hotel. The Executive lounge is located somewhere on the 17th or 18th floor, it has an amazing view over the city with free drinks during the evening and finger food.

My executive room was also very clean, comfortable and spacious.

The only problem I had during my stay was my desert got forgotten in the restaurant but they took the Latte off my bill and all was forgiven. Check in was quick and seemless. Next time I am back here I will stay here for certain.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room and enjoy all the extra benefits this hotel has to offer.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us and I am pleased that you were able to stay in our Executive rooms which gives you access to our 23rd Executive Lounge where you were able to enjoy our complimentary offerings.

I am sorry that your dessert was not delivered; this was down to human error however I am pleased that the team were able to offer a gesture as an apology for this mistake.

Delighted to read that you will be returning to stay with us and the team and I look forward to the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

we stayed here last year and prior to our stay I phoned the hotel direct to confirm our room requirements as we needed a wheelchair accessible room and a room nearby for a carer etc. They confirmed everything on the phone, so when we arrived, we expected to get the rooms we had booked and requested, unfortunately we were told that the disabled access room they had available had been given to another guest who arrived earlier that day.
It took us over an hour to check in after having to check several other rooms in the hotel for their suitability etc, they tried to give us a room that did not have a wheel in shower and pass it off as accessible for a wheelchair etc, but has we had already driven 5 hours from the south of the country we settled for the next best suitable room, which was not big enough and my husband (who is confined to his wheelchair) could not even turn in his wheelchair to get into the bathroom!

Its not the first time this has happened to us at a hilton so would suggest the Hilton group invest in someone experienced at disabled facilities, the Premier inn is more accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nicky b
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am saddened to read your comments as we have received an award for Mobility Independence and we are audited annually with regards to accessibility throughout the hotel all of which we are to standard.

I note your comments regarding the room type allocated to you on arrival and I am sorry that this room type was not to your requirements. Unfortunately it has been highlighted that all of our accessible rooms were occupied at the time of your arrival and this is why we were unable to fulfil your original room type request on arrival. I am very sorry that we failed you on this occasion as I appreciate your need for an accessible room.

My team and I hope that we have the opportunity of looking after you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I attended a conference and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel service, reception , housekeeping and room service were excellent. The catering facilities were however disappointing , changes to orders without notification and a limited supply of food choice and indeed quantity . Overall a satisfactory experience on a hotel with stunning views. Central location very useful .

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us; however I am disappointed to read your comments about your dining experience. This is certainly not the norm for us and I have shared your feedback with our Food & beverage Manager to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.