“Enjoyed Stay at Hilton Deansgate Manchester”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Cork, Ireland
“Enjoyed Stay at Hilton Deansgate Manchester”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for long weekend, rooms comfortable and clean, the only drawback is due to the high ceiling and closness to the front door the food in the rest'nt went cold very quickly but choice could not be faulted. Cloud 23 is a place to be seen and experience, but over priced. Staff friendly and willing to oblige to make your stay pleasent. Central location with free green bus stopping nearby, lots of great places to eat within walking distance but try to book beforehand if visiting at weekend.

Room Tip: Due to the popularity of this hotel request a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on line following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you choose to stay with us and I am glad that our location and facilities were to your satisfaction.

I am sorry that the temperature of your breakfast was not to standard. I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager to ensure that our hot food offering remains under the hot elements at all times to ensure that we do not receive any further feedback of this nature.

I am pleased that you encountered great service from the team during your stay with us and that you have the opportunity to visit Cloud 23.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lasswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stay here on business when I come in from Abu Dhabi very often and on a number of occasions on leisure when I fancy a night out in Manchester away from work.

This hotel is perfectly positioned for a number of restaurants and night time venues around the canal area at Deansgate/Castlefield. It's also very close to the city centre and its plehtora of venues.

The hotel, part of the tallest venue in the Northeast is well worth a visit. The facilities, including spa and pool, are first rate. Food choices are OK and the bar at Cloud 23 a great place to finish the night.

Rooms, with floor to ceiling windows with city views, are very comfortable.

Staff are very helpful and pleasant , which makes a chage from some chains.

Room Tip: I think all are very good but get a high floor (from 12 upwards) for best views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for staying with us on business and leisure when you visit Manchester.

We are fortunate to be ideally located within the city and all that Manchester has to offer and I am pleased that the surrounding amenities suit your requirements.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am pleased that you continue to enjoy your visits and use all of facilities during your time with us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent 4 nights in this hotel earlier this month and absolutely loved it. Our room was lovely, clean, and a nice size. The bathroom was gorgeous. Staff were very attentive and I'd like to send a special thank you to Séan who was duty manager on Monday 13th April.We did check out Cloud 23 one night, mainly for the fun of marching past the queue and being swept off into the lift - like somebody important! Pricey place but worth a visit. I used the gym a couple of times and found it fine. Apart from the resistance equipment, there are 2 treadmills, 1 cross trainer and 2 bikes I think (maybe just 1) but each time I went (early morning) there was only one other person there so there was no problem. Definitely stay here again and would recommend it

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and had no problem with noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us for 4 nights recently; it was a pleasure to have your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

The team here at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are pleased to be able to offer you a friendly service and I am thrilled that you highlighted Sean, our Duty Manager as he does a great job for us here.

Thank you for recommending us and I hope that you return when business or leisure brings you to Manchester.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for the 2nd time and had a wonderful time. We booked on a evening meal and breakfast package for £150. Food was magnificent and very good value for money. Service was first class and an all round great experience. Only negative was that when checking out they had added £45 worth of bar charges from cloud 23 (brilliant views and great cocktails) which unforutunatley due to the que didnt utilise on this stay. However when i queried them the receptionist removed them without argument.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room as high up as possible the views are amazing! Additionally if you like c...
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

Thank you for returning to stay with us and I am pleased that on this occasion you choose to book a dinner, bed and breakfast package.

I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience as the food our skilled team of chefs prepare is something we are proud of.

I am sorry that you were charged for drinks that were not ordered or consumed and I am pleased that you were credited prior to your departure. I am confident that this shortfall was down to a genuine human error as sometimes signatures are difficult to read and I can assure you that no ill will was intended towards you personally.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to stay with us again.

london
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed one night room was good size and comfortable but could hear the tv and every sound from room next door. Loads of choice for breakfast but when we actually tasted it, it was freezing everyone else complained about this too. Had a facial in spa 303 was supposed to be 50 minutes was kept waiting in the corridor 15 mins with no one acknowledging me facial started at 6.15 finished 6.50 so it was 50 mins if you include 15 mins waiting time!! Certainly wouldnt go back to the spa . Overall hotel is ok but i have stayed in better

• Stayed April 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for comments following your say with us.

I am pleased that you found your guest room to be of a good size and that you found your room to be comfortable.

I am sorry to read your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. Our breakfast offering is prepared fresh daily and is replenished on an ongoing basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I have shared your observations with our Restaurant Manager and she is reviewing her operation of breakfast service to ensure we do not receive this comment again.

Spa 303 is a concession of the hotel, however I can assure you that your comments have been passed to the Spa Manager and she in turn is addressing your comments with her team to ensure that there is no recurrence in the future. I am very sorry that you had a poor Spa experience.

I do hope that this experience has not deterred you from returning to the hotel in future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Deansgate on several occasions when visiting Manchester and will no doubt stay again. Standard rooms are very nice, clean and of sufficient size with great bathrooms.

There are plenty of amenities if you have time to use them. I normally visit during the winter when the Christmas market is set up outside the splendidly gothic town hall, a 10 minute walk away. You can pay £20 per night to park in the hotel or you can negotiate with the parking lot just next door (they can offer £10 per night secure parking).

If you stay in this hotel and don't visit the bar on the 23rd floor, you're utterly missing out. The cocktails are brilliant and so is the view at dusk. Every stay has been memorable!

Hasta la vista!

Room Tip: As I say on most of my reviews, try to book on offer as the discounts are significant. Spend weeks s...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us when you visit Manchester, we appreciate your loyalty.

I am pleased that you found our facilities, service and location to be suitable for your needs and that you had time to visit Cloud 23 and enjoy the wonderful cocktails that our bartenders take great pride in preparing.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2012

staff more intrested in celebrity guests . when a celebrity walked in whilst we were checking in the staff dropped everything to look after this mens shopping.
when trying to get to cloud 23 bar the staff would not let us in the lift even though the other staff at the top had said it was ok , a member of staff wanted the lift just for her . found rooms not properly cleaned i.e. under tables ,chairs etc looked like a quick wipe . very disappointed , would not stay here again , my advice if going to manchester stick to the radisson, friendlier , cleaner ,better quality all round .

Room Tip: go executive king .
1 Thank David B
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I was disappointed to read that you experienced poor housekeeping and please accept my apologies for this shortfall.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your feedback and our Executive Head Housekeeping has been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as our guest rooms are ordinarily of a very high standard. This has been addressed and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I can assure you that our team members do not favour one guest over another and I am confident that no ill will was intended towards you whilst checking in. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you.

All team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome at all time.

I am sorry to read that you would not choose to stay with us again, however I do hope that you have a change of heart and allow us to demonstrate our normally high level of service.