“Customer service 5*****”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #44 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel as wanted to try it and visit the famous Cloud 23 Bar
We were greeted immediately as we entered hotel and the check in was excellent I had opted for an upgrade on e mail and was told it we had been successful so it was an exec room on 16th floor with exec lounge access really great as from 5-8 all drinks are free
We ate in Podium restaurant which was very nice
Visited the cloud 23 bar one night it was very good but seating was not comfortable the seats shown on web are in the reserved area so as my husband has just had op on his knee we left after one drink as we were told those seats not available have to book up to 2 weeks in advance
Overall had a good stay and have to say every member of staff we came in contact with we're all lovely and helpful
I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank TIZER13
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

I am delighted that you had a good stay and that you were successful in obtaining an upgrade via e-upgrade standby which grants you access to our 23rd floor Executive lounge where you enjoyed our complimentary offerings.

Thank you recommending us to fellow readers and we certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,540)

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We must admit to being a little put off by the reviews left on Trip Advisor, but we really enjoyed it,
smart hotel and great location for everything that Manchester has to offer. The staff were friendly and we found the food great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie L
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Service very friendly and helpful here, and the rooms were nice if not a little small. Shame that the night we were there the TV was being upgraded and we could only get 3 channels but so be it. Cocktails at the bar on the 23rd floor are not as nice as some i have had and if you are not careful you could end up spending a lot of money.

Room Tip: upgrade to an exec room for not much more.

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review and for sharing your positive feedback with everyone.

I am really pleased that you found all team members and our service to be welcoming and attentive and that you were looked after you during your stay with us.

I am sorry that your stay coincided with our television upgrade. I am pleased to confirm that since your stay we have installed new, larger television sets into all of our guest rooms offering additional channel. Hilton guest rooms now offer 37” televisions and our suites offer 42” television sets.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The staff in both the public areas and restaurants really could be more 5 star - was not impressed as the porters watched me struggle through the door with luggage, etc from the car park and watched me load it on a porters trolley - isn't it their job to help?! It took 1 hour for somebody to ask if I wanted coffee whilst I waited for my room to be ready in the bar and 30 minutes from order to delivery of cocktails in Cloud 23.
The room was lovely and the view great, spotless and very quiet - I did upgrade to an exec room.
A little staff speedy training and this hotel would have been excellent.
Shame that wi-fi is charged.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for comments following your recent stay with us.

I am absolutely horrified to read your comments regarding our team members on your arrival at the hotel as all team members are fully trained to deliver a high level of service at all times. We are in the hospitality industry to make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry that you felt on this occasion we failed you.

All team members have been given visibility of your comments to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome at all time.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and I can confirm that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I am pleased that your room was to your satisfaction and that you were able to enjoy the views of Manchester from your guest room.

I hope that you return to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

My rating probably has something to do with the reputation this hotel has. I had heard great things, that it's really nice with a good breakfast, and it didn't live up to the hype. If I was expecting something a bit more basic, I might have given it an 'average rating'. It's in a great location with really helpful staff, but it's very tired. We were upgraded to a 'nicer' room because they ran out of the standard queens. We were expecting something really nice but the room was dirty, covered in dust, with outdated hi-fi (you could play your casette tapes if you wanted to) & basic tv. For what we paid I was expecting much better. The kicker was the breakfast. One of the worst breakfasts I've ever had - one of those creepy buffets with cold eggs sitting in water with dodgy sausages, congealed beans and rock hard croissants. I don't think I'll be back. I'd rather pay double & stay somewhere else at a high standard or pay half and stay somewhere where the price matches the quality. This hotel just isn't worth it. Would avoid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Igles

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your informative feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

We are fortunate enough to be ideally located within Manchester and in walking distance of the great amenities that the city has to offer.

Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. All breakfast items are prepared fresh daily and are replenished throughout breakfast service. I can assure you that our Restaurant Manager and head Chef have been made aware of your feedback who have reviewed their operation and have made appropriate changes to improve this aspect of our service.

Our Head Housekeeper has been made aware of the dust that you witnessed in your room, she has addressed this with the room attendants and supervisors within her department to ensure that this is not repeated.

I am pleased to confirm that since your stay we have installed new, larger television sets into all of our guest rooms. Hilton guest rooms now offer 37” televisions and our suites offer 42” television sets.

I am pleased that the team members you encountered during your stay were polite and helpful and I do hope that you are able to consider staying with us again either on business or leisure.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We were seen immediately at check inn and given rooms keys, as we got to our room there was an awful sewage smell outside the room so didn't affect us. As we opened the door the first thing we did was look through window which had a bullet hall through. We rang reception to tell them and just got fobbed off. But didn't want charging of a new pain of lass. He room itself was average and just like the Premier Inn down the road. I am glad we got it on a deal! Don't pay full price and it's fine for the night! Nothing special though! Disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review to make them aware of your comments.

I appreciate that one of our guest rooms required a glazing panel replacing. I can assure you that whilst this panel was cracked, it was safe, the health and safety of our guests and team members is of paramount importance to us. I can confirm that this glazing panel has now been replaced.

I am sorry that you found the corridor outside your guest room to initially have an odour present on your arrival. I can assure you that this is an isolated incident as we have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours.

I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of one of the many deals that we offer and I hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

we stayed in room 1716 on 5th may 2012.it was for a special birthday so we upgraded to excecutive room.(turned out more like premier inn)we payed an extra 30.00 for breakfast as well. as we entered the room it was really quite.bed was comfy and bathroom was ok that was the only plus side. the tv didnt work properly. as we studied the room there was a makeup stain on the carpet, dust well thick! on top of lampshades,bedside table had sticky black marks all over.The room was quite basic really. we were really disappointed so to make us feel better we went to the excecutive room for a few free drinks to make us feel better. That was impressive with the view etc.cloud 23 was impressive too! we were looking forward to our £30.00 breakfast the morning after....... it was help yourself sausage,uncooked bacon, scrambled eggs & beans!!!dont do it stick with continental and pay outside for breakfast.must be more value for money. we are quite well travelled, and have we expected to much for our £220,00 room?i dont think so.we stayed in blackpool a few weeks ago and the hotel was fantastic...so i dont think we are being snobs.and it was half the price.the hotel spoilt are weekend.if the view is what you fancy just go to cloud 23 and stay eleswhere....

Room Tip: dont bother with breakfast
2  Thank pam w

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a good night’s sleep in our comfortable beds.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit our 23rd floor Executive Lounge and Cloud 23 bar during your visit and that you were able to enjoy the views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows.

However, I was disappointed to read that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Our Head Housekeeper has been made aware of your comments and she has shared your feedback with her team to ensure that every room is to standard before our guests check in.

During your stay we were installing new larger televisions to our guest’s rooms which carry additional TV channel and at times during this process it affected the current TV channels. This was explained in a letter which was placed in all of our guest rooms and I am sorry if this was not visible to you.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. I can assure you that all food is prepared fresh each day and is replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. I can only apologise that on this occasion that you did not enjoy your breakfast, this is certainly not the feedback we ordinarily receive.

I do hope that despite your feedback that you will return to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.