“A positive stay”

Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
North Yorkshire
“A positive stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Had staid at another establishment the week before where I had been disappointed. At the Hilton I thought instead that quality was much bettter and I was pleased with it. The room was clean, the bathroon new and spotless and the breakfast pretty good too. The view from the room was was fantastic. Not the best mattress but still slept ok

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gioinharrogate
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive feedback with everyone.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your needs and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am sorry that you found the mattress in your room to uncomfortable; and I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping team. I am pleased to inform you that we are working towards placing an order for replacement mattresses and I do hope that you are able to enjoy these should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

John McLaughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waterford
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Given the fact its a Hilton I was aware that they can be rather hit or miss,
The same standard doesn't really seem to be carried through this franchise!
I did find this hotel to be a little over rated!
My room was rather stuffy and ultra compact for an 'executive room' I dread to think what the standard room is like!

I tried on 2 nights to get into the bar Cloud but was told it was either full or booked out.

Food was good but a little over priced... Much better quality & value to be had on Deansgate!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bobby H
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your feedback.

I have taken on board all of your comments regarding the design/size of our guest bedrooms. I can only apologise that the design features/size of our guest rooms are not to your liking. I appreciate that this is your personal choice and I hope that this does not deter you from returning to the hotel.

I empathise completely with your point regarding not gaining access to Cloud 23 as a hotel resident. Due to fire regulations we are restricted to 200 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor and at times guests are choosing to queue to gain access. However, I can assure you that our priority in the first instance lies with our hotel residents and those guests on our guest list.

The team and I at Hilton Manchester Deansgate hope that you return in the near future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Recently spent a weekend at this hotel. It coincided with a corporate event but nevertheless the staff were helpful, the service efficient; the room was better than expected; the spa experience wonderful. Sadly all that was positive became negative when I left my Kindle behind in the room when I booked out. As I was still in the hotel I noticed it was missing quite quickly. It was not in the room and has not been found since. I can't claim on the hotel's insurance because "there is no proof one way or the other...of what actually happened" Shame on you Hilton: I am no liar. I checked in with a KIndle which I no longer have.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us and that the team members were helpful, service efficient and that the guest room allocated to you was more than what you expected.

I appreciate that you did not knowingly leave your items with us, however the hotel cannot be held responsible for lost items within the hotel. Whilst we do endeavour to return all items, it is unfortunate that not all items are brought to our attention and I can only apologise that on this occasion your item was not handed in to allow us to return it to you.

I can assure you that an internal investigation has been completed and I can confirmed that our Security Manager followed all of our internal procedures and he was happy to be able to assist your during your time with us.

Should you wish to make contact with the police, please do so as we are more than happy to fully cooperate with them and offer CCVT, lock readings etc.

I do hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed April 2012 on business. Great location, but that's about the only positive - I won't be staying here again. My recommendation: AVOID. Having stayed in Hilton Hotels around the world, this has to be the worst experience I've had of this brand. The reception staff appeared more interested in discussing their social life with each other rather than processing people waiting to be checked in. Total lack of professionalism. This also goes for the General Manager whom I overheard making derogatory comments about another guest once they had left the reception area. I can only agree with other reviews here about the poor quality of the rooms - tired and dirty. There were drinks stains on surfaces which hadn't been wiped off. The views across the city are pleasant enough, but hardly consolation for the other things which are lacking. Cleaning is below standard. The toilet in my room appeared to be used as another means of waste disposal, since I found on the second day, contents of the bathroom bin floating in the lavatory bowl (cotton wool buds don't flush and neither does cellophane).

Food in the restaurant is ok. It's a shame that the level of service isn't as stylish as the decor. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Geni2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review, we value your feedback.

I am absolutely horrified to read your comments regarding the manner of the Reception team whilst you were checking in. This is certainly not what I expect from my team members and I can assure you that they have not been trained to deliver this type of service. The Front Office Manager has taken appropriate action.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that the team member you witnessed that you believe was myself was not. I am not able to identify this individual team member, however the entire team has been given visibility of your feedback and they have conducted retraining to ensure that this is an isolated incident.

I am sorry that the cleanliness of the room allocated to you was below par and our head Housekeeper has been made aware of your comments as the way in which your room was prepared does not meet with our standards and I am sorry we failed you on this occasion.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the views from the hotel and I do hope that you have a change of heart and return to stay with us on business or indeed on a leisure trip.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed last week with a bunch of guys for a stag do, the receptionist made us all very welcome and we were promptly booked into our rooms. "Usual Hilton Quality"

Had a couple of drinks in Cloud 23, great views over Manchester, great for taking your wife / girlfriend rather than a bunch of guys.

Excellent breakfast and service the following day.

Overall experience - Excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive and feedback with everyone following your stay with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you had the opportunity to visit Cloud 23.

I hope that you are able to return to the hotel soon.

manchester
Reviewed 24 May 2012

It was my husbands 60th birthday and I had booked a meal in the restaurant for our family total 8 people.We were to have pre dinner drinks but was prevented from doing so because of a corporate evenr I had not been informed of this at booking.The member of staff at the lift was not helpfuk and said "If you have aproblem or complaint see the manager over there" We were not able to go for pre dinner drinks.Avery disappointing experience .The food was good but the ambience in the restaurant is non exsistant. I left feeling totally deflated and disappointed.I would not go again and would advise anyone not to go if it is a special occasion.

Room Tip: didnt stay in hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank linda c
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone.

I empathise completely how frustrating it must have been to not gain access to Cloud 23 on arrival at the hotel.

At the time of your arrival Cloud 23 was hosting a corporate event which brought the bar to maximum capacity; therefore we were unable to permit any further guests into Cloud 23. Unfortunately, due to fire regulations we are restricted to 200 guest’s maximum at any one time on the 23rd floor. I can confirm that our priority in the first instance does lies with our hotel residents and those guests on our guest list when private functions are not taking place.

After speaking with our Cloud 23 Manager, we would have been more than happy to offer you a table 15 minutes following your arrival; however I appreciate that you did not have time to wait. I am pleased that you enjoyed Cloud 23 following your meal and that you enjoyed the food served in Podium Restaurant.

Thank you for your comment regarding the ambience in Podium restaurant and I appreciate that ambience, design and furnishings are that of a personal choice and I am sorry that Podium Restaurant was not as you had anticipated.

We hope that you are able to return to the hotel to and should you wish to visit Cloud 23, please contact us on 0161 870 1688 and our Cloud 23 and Podium Reservation team members will be more than happy to assist with a reservation.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I booked a room at this hotel for a Saturday night, however was notified at 3pm on Thursday afternoon that they had overbooked the hotel and were no longer able to honour the reservation. I was offered a room at the Hilton Manchester Airport hotel as an alternative- how they see an airport hotel 30mins outside of Manchester with none of the same facilities as a suitable alternative is a joke...

As such, I have cancelled my reservation and luckily have been able to find an alternative (and hopefully more trustworthy) hotel at short notice, however this has been extremely inconvenient and very disappointing- will be looking to avoid the Hilton Group as much as possible in future

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mdiffey
Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for understanding recently following your reservation to stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate recently.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this must have caused you.

I was disappointed to learn that we had to relocate you to an alternative hotel. Unfortunately we found ourselves in an over booked situation. I have spoken at length with our Director of Business Development regarding this shortfall and she would like to offer her apologies for this mistake and I can assure you immediate action has been taken within her department to ensure that this shortfall does not recur in the future.

I am, however, pleased that we were able to offer you alternative accommodation although I am disappointed that this was not to your satisfaction.

I do hope that you had a positive stay in Manchester and I sincerely to hope that you are able to make a future reservation to stay with us when we may be able to demonstrate our usual high standards of service.