“Amazing structure!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #46 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here on Saturday for a conference. I had read some negative comments prior to going, one complained about the lack of parking so I was not surprised when we arrived to be told that the hotel car park was full - however we were directed to a car park which was very close and suitable. £15 was the cost which was not great and no reduction for being resident at hotel. We arrived at 2.30 pm and left by 10 the following morning. The room was fine and as we were on the 11th floor we had quite a good view of the city. Breakfast was ok - I did not like the fact that they did not provide a pot of tea or coffee but came and poured drinks from a flask as soon as we sat down - by the time we were ready to have our hot food the hot drink had to be replaced as it was lukewarm. Check in and out was painless and the receptionists were very professional and welcoming. The room was not ready when we checked in at 14.40 but it was by 14.57 - just in time to meet the 15.00 deadline!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Iosaif
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with everyone.

We are pleased that you were able to stay with us at the weekend.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is fortunate to have a small number of car parking spaces which we can offer to our guest on a valet car parking basis however these do become full quite quickly at the weekends. Should these be full on arrival, we offer our guests a discount when parking at the adjacent NCP car park. Our Concierge/Reception team can validate your ticket on departure and your discount is applied when paying at the pay stations with in the car park.

I am please that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you are able to return as a leisure or business guest again soon.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,602)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I think if I had paid the full prices then i might have been a little disappointed. But paying £80-£100 a night it was a real treat. Our room was great very clean and swish, worth paying the little extra for the city view too. Service was absolute first class, from the moment we checked in we were given free drinks whilst our room was being readied (my choice of a higher floor wasn't quite ready). The concierge guys couldn't have done more to help us. Cloud23 bar is well worth a visit, we only had to queue for a few mins on our second visit which was at peak time around 10pm. At the end of the day it's a well sort after bar in the centre of Manchester so you might have to wait!
The spa was a little small but still good to visit as its not often you can sit in a jacuzzi looking down on deansgate!

• Stayed: June 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive feedback with everyone.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you encountered good service and that you had time to enjoy our facilities.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the hotel to be suitable for your stay and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the calm of our Livingwell Jacuzzi.

I hope that you are able return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here last night for a child free night! Upon booking we asked about facilities and were told they were second to none and car parking was available. Upon arrival however the car park was full as they only have 12 spaces and we had to pay to use the one around the back. The spa was tiny, dated and fully booked. The room was not much better than a travel lodge with a poor view. The cleanliness is below average which is down to just laziness by the cleaners as it was just small things but nevertheless not what you expect from a Hilton hotel. The wifi charges for the room are ridiculous you can get a whole month of broadband for what they're asking for a day!
We asked them to empty the minibar upon arrival as we had our own items, this they did only to try and add items to our bill upon check out. Very poor service from an average hotel. Wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Kerribez

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I was disappointed to read your comments and please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you experienced.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your concerns and I can assure you that the relevant head of departments have been made aware of your comments to ensure that there is no recurrence.

I am sorry to read that you would not choose to stay with us again, however I do hope that you have a change of heart and allow us to demonstrate our normally high level of service.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was treated to stay here by my boyfriend for my birthday, due to this he booked an executive plus suite. The member of staff that checked us in was very helpful. The room was nice however I felt that due to the fact it was an executive suite it should have been better quality. The wallboard marks on them which could have easily been wiped off and the decor was a little tired. The bathroom was excellent with a tv inbuilt into the wall and a spa bath however it didn't have all the features just the bottom jets worked. The bed wasnt the best it wasnt fixed to the floor and the sheets didnt feel the best .The shower was good however the door didn't shut properly so the floor got very wet!
My boyfriend informed the staff the booking was for my birthday and they sent up chocolates and fruit which were compliementary. The view was amazing we were on the 16 floor and I feel that is what you are mainly paying for!
Due to the fact we were staying in an exectutive suite we had access to the executive bar which was supposed to be on the 23 floor however we were informed at check in that this was not available as they were re-doing the glass and also that the spa was shut for the day however we went up for a look around and didn't feel we were missing much as the spa looked very poor the tiles were very old looking and the pool was very small!
We also went up to cloud 23 it was amazing the view was fabulous especially in the dark! Breakfast was really good there was a wide range which was all delicious.
We had a lovely stay however I do feel that this hotel relies to much upon its reputation and the fact it has excellent views, the rooms need some attention to give them a more luxourious feel that I have felt whilst staying at other hilton's and if services aren't available you should be made aware of this at the time of booking.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am pleased that on the whole you had a lovely stay with us.

I am disappointed to read your comments and I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the cleanliness and repair of your room. This has been addressed so that it does not recur.

I am pleased that the team recognised your birthday celebration and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views of Manchester from your guest room.

I am sorry that you found our swimming pool to be on the small side, the architects built the swimming pool on a cantilever with viewing panels at the bottom of the pool as a feature, however I appreciate that this is a personal choice.

I hope that you are able to return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel in July 2007 and also last March 2008. Very good hotel, great friendly staff everywhere from the restaurant, the VIP lounge and also the front desk. I am a diamond member and got to use the VIP lounge. It has a great breakfast and the staff was very welcoming.
My room was very clean and spotless. This is one of the best Hilton hotel in the UK.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall be passing on your kind comments to all our team members as they serve as a great motivator.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel when you will be able to have a great stay with us once again.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked to stay here as we thought it was going to be a new and trendy Hilton. After entering our room it looked more like a travel lodge with a broken window, broken bath and a dirty feeling towards the cleanliness. I have stayed in many Hiltons worldwide and this was by far the worst and it does NOT stand up towards the Hilton brand. We booked to see a show and was looking forward to drinking in the cloud bar afterwards, only to be told at 11:30 that we would not be served as it was closing at midnight. For the price we paid, we should have stayed at the Lowry. Never again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LymmLife

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for contacting our Customer Service Department to make them aware of your comments.

I appreciate that one of our guest rooms require a glazing panel replacement. I can assure you that whilst this panel was cracked, it was safe, the health and safety of our guests and team members is of paramount importance to us. I can confirm that a replacement glazing panel has been ordered and forms part of the ongoing glazing panel replacement program.

I empathise completely how frustrating it must have been not to gain access to Cloud 23 on your return to the hotel. Cloud 23 does close at 12.00 midnight on Sundays, however you should have been given the opportunity to visit the bar for the last 30 minutes of its operation. Our Cloud 23 Manager has been made aware of your comments and he in turn is addressing this with the team member concerned to ensure that there is no recurrence.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again to experience us at our best.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The room was large and modern with safe. Hard to work TV, but who watches TV these days anyway? Well, if you are in the Hilton, you may have no choice. The WIFI service in the bedroom was £15 a day! I called reception to ask about this and they said the service is provided by a third party (BT). Come on! Every other hotel has free WIFI! Like most other guests, I refused to pay for something which should be free.

Later I was told by reception that I am not the first person to complain that the bedroom WIFI is not free, but management are aware of it and have decided to maintain it like that. Next time I will stay in the Manchester Radisson, even if it is a little more expensive.

The hotel was clean and modern and friendly. Large bathroom, but no bath, as I think we were put in the disabled room. That was no problem as we had loads of space. I hate pokey little bathrooms.

As for the staff. Please disregard the comments about rudeness and indifference. This is Manchester, not London. You can't expect to get eager immigrants desperate to please in Manchester. Many of the staff employed in the hotel are locals and those who are immigrants have probably lived and grown up in Manchester so are fully immersed in the Manchester behavior and characteristics. I personally found the staff welcoming and friendly. However, I can understand why an international traveller looking for service may find "Yorriight?" less welcoming than the "May I help you" that he was expecting.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

It is great to know that you found the hotel comfortable for your needs.

The diverse team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.