“Recommended”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 July 2012

One of the better Hiltons. Nice rooms, good location, great bar at the top etc. service was also excellent.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that our location was suitable for your visit to Manchester.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,648)

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had to spend 3 nights in Manchester for my company and they selected the Hilton Deansgate for proximity to the meetings I was attending. On the map I was a bit disappointed that it seemed far away from the main city centre, but actually it was a 10-15 minute walk to the Arndale centre, and a free bus in provided in the city to make it even more accessible.

The building is impressive, 23 floors of glass tower. However what really made this hotel were the staff. The service was friendly, welcoming and impeccable. They were all very genuine and couldn't do enough for you.

Check in was fast, friendly and informative, all the lobby staff were very attentive, with a genuine feel of customer service.

I stayed on the 15th floor, and when I entered my room it was a breathtaking full glass wall window over the city. Room was spacious, air conditioning perfect. Very comfortable bed, electronic mini bar, flat screen tv, tea coffee, hairdryer etc.

The room and bathroom were spotless. Bathroom was modern with shower over bath, lighting was bit bit dark and "mood" driven, could do with a bright light over the vanity mirror for shaving and make up!

I used the Beauty services in the hotel, they were extremely professional and friendly, and able to fit me into their appointments on my arrival. The gym was very well set up and seemed to be very popular. There is a swimming pool which another colleague recommended.

The Cloud 23 bar was fantastic, but very busy - a separate elevator takes you to the floor. Guests of the hotel get priority entrance.

Breakfast is served in the lobby restaurant, it was a very pleasant place to eat, not too busy on any particular morning.

The choice was fantastic, a classic English breakfast (my much missed black pudding!), cereal, continental choices. It was well stocked and everything looked and tasted great. Staff were very attentive, quick to bring coffee, tea, juice and clearing away efficiently.

I had forgotten to bring a convertor plug, and I was lent one by the concierge, I left it in my room and was told not to worry about going back to get it on check out.

The Hilton had everything I'd look for in a hotel and I had a really wonderful stay - especially for a work trip! I'd highly recommend to anyone, and will definitely take my family back for a city weekend trip.

Room Tip: The higher floors get a great view. The lifts are fast and plentiful, so it's not a huge problem...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank notkeepingmum

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your detailed positive comments with everyone.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, standard and team members were all to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back as a business or leisure guest in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Upgraded to executive room on 21st floor with panoramic window views over Manchester. Executive lounge was on 23rd floor service here was excellent, offering good range of food and drinks.Really busy Hilton hotel but modern and maintained to high standard. Excellent Hilton breakfast taken in the Executive lounge as the dining room was very busy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us when you visited Manchester and I am pleased that we were able to offer you an upgrade to an Executive room on this occasion where you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester and beyond.

I am glad that you had a comfortable visit to our Executive Lounge and that you were able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge.

I really do hope that we have the opportunity to look after you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

A bit of a trek from the station if you have any luggage but worth the walk in the unlikely event that (a) you feel like stretching your legs and (b) it's not raining. Set in the bottom third of the dramatic Beetham Tower which is very thin and entirely constructed from glass so has great views from all rooms. No time to try the restaurant but the room service menu was interesting and the Thai curry was really good. It even contained some of that hotel food rarity the properly cooked fresh vegetable. Small but useful gym several floors up with views over the street allow you to overdo the endorphins whilst watching the commuters whizz by. Large and above-average breakfast buffet - great news if included in your rate. Crap WiFi, amiable but somewhat stressed staff and queues at check in remind you that at the end of the day this is still a Hilton. Overall not bad at all for a business one nighter.

Room Tip: high up for the best views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us.

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed your room service offering, the views and our Livingwell leisure area.

I am sorry that you encountered less than a swift check in. Your comments have allowed me to speak with our Front Office Manager. I am assured by him that he has taken on board your comments to ensure that this does not happen again.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to the hotel on business or leisure when

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Third time staying here. Staff are very good rooms are as you'd expect but the position is fanstatic. Easy parking but not free, great for shopping and perfectly placed for some fab restaurants. Breakfast is overpriced and not necessary as you can pop down Deansgate to plethora of cafes. We mainly stay here as we really like the cocktail bar and as resident you do not have to queue (well not for long anyway). I love the view from here and the cocktails are delicious. Not cheap but totally worth the effort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review, we appreciate it.

I am thrilled that you found every aspect of the hotel to be excellent; that you enjoyed our facilities and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views and great cocktails in Cloud 23.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your needs and I hope that you continue to return to the hotel and indeed Cloud 23.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here for just one night on Fri, the room was fantastic great view from the 14th floor. The staff were very friendly from the guy at reception when we arrived till the housekeeper I spoke to as we left. Will definatly return soon.

Room Tip: To get the best view, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found the views from your 14th floor guest room to be wonderful and that all team members were excellent during your stay.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon when we will have the opportunity of looking after you once again.

Bernadette Gilligan

Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

A really lovely hotel room, floor to ceiling windows made for a lovely view. Hugh TV, great shower. One downside was I've slept in more comfortable beds.

Everything was a bit pricey - £18 to have breakfast delivered.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Lisa J

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review on-line.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be suitable for your stay and that you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I am sorry that you found the bed in your room uncomfortable; and I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping team, I do hope that this was an isolated incident and I appreciate that beds firmness are of a personal choice.

I am pleased to be able to confirm that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city and I do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.