Hilton Manchester Deansgate
US$118
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Midland(Manchester)
US$166
US$117
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$88
Travelocity
US$95
  • Free Internet
4,706 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Have stayed in this hotel many times on business in Manchester. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet, with good facilities. nuff said.
However I have never had dinner here until last week. Manchester has lots of good places to eat and I have an aversion to hotel dining rooms - tend to be dull places with dull food. However last wee arrived pretty late so decided to eat in the hotel. And what a surpise. Thet were doing a special offer of two courses for £20 with a glass of wine thrown in.
I can honeslty say that I have paid three times as much for a poorer meal.
I had beautifully cooked guinea fowl followed by a most excellent soufle. The service was terrific. Just a pity they can't section off a smaller area for dining since the huge dining room only had around 6 people in it at hat time.
Strongly recommend eating here.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker remember they only have 3 smoking rooms so book well in advance
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Malky
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following recent stay with us, it was a pleasure to have your with us again.

I am absolutely delighted that you had the opportunity to dine with us and that you enjoyed your dining experience in Podium Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have a great team of Chef’s lead by Executive Head Chef, David Gale, who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy. Your kind words have been shared with the kitchen brigade.

We hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future on business or indeed leisure.

Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night to go to theatre - hadnt stayed here for about 4 years. Great overall - booked exec room for £90 advance purchase, 20th floor room. Very good with walk in shower.

Exec lounge and sky bar on floor 23 were being refurbed which was a shame and wasn't highlighted before checkin. There was a temporary lounge by ground floor restaurant which had same service but not views. Breakfast was good in morning again served in main restaurant.

Definitely would recommend - tram to shops only 100yrds so handy.

Definitely 4star quality and great value.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TravellingBen

Dear Guest

I am really pleased that you chose to stay with us on your trip to Manchester, I am sure you had a great time at the theatre.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your needs.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights to watch a game at old trafford..Hotel is easy to get to. right next to deansgate station with a short 5-10 min walk to the center of town. Staff were very quick to check us in & out of the hotel. Twin room was bigger than I expected and bathroom was a good size. Staff were very friendly but cleaners only seem to come in the morning.. Cloud 23 was supposed to re-open the day we arrived but was delayed untill after we left..bit dissapointing as thats why I booked the hotel! My main gripe was the beds...mattresses were not sprung propoerly and didnt give you a great nights sleep..

All in all a good hotel, quite expensive for what it is though. Not sure I would stay again unless I got a really good rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us on your visit to Manchester to attend Old Trafford.

We are very fortunate to be located in a prime position within Manchester and I am pleased that our location was suitable for your needs.

I am delighted that you encountered swift service on check in and check out and and you found the size of the room allocated to you to be bigger than expected.

I am sorry that you found our beds to be uncomfortable, we ordinarily receive compliments regarding how comfortable our beds are, however I appreciate that this is a personal choice.

I am pleased to be able to confirm that Cloud 23 re-opens today following major refurbishments for our guest to enjoy.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city, however we are pleased to be able to offer ‘deals’ and I hope that you are able to take advantage of one of them and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

we stayed on the 4th floor, with views overlooking deansgate and manchester. floor to ceiling windows. lovely modern and clean room. swimming pool excellent. in an ideal location on deansgate handy for shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive feedback with everyone.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you found our location to be suitable for your needs and that were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the floor to ceiling windows that all of our guest rooms have to offer.

I hope that you are able return to the hotel in the future to enjoy another comfortable stay.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

On Monday afternoon I was stupid enough to sent an email and ask for some assistance.

All I wanted was a copy of the Menu for Saturdays and Sundays of the Podium Restaurant and some advice how far in advance I have to book a Table.

The Response on Tuesday morning of Hilton Internet Contact Team:
We appreciate your e-mail and are dedicated to provide "Best in Class" service by responding to all queries as quickly as possible. We answer all messages in the order in which they are received, with a goal to respond to all inquiries within a 24-48 hour timeframe from receipt of the message. We appreciate your patience and assure you that we will respond to your inquiry just as quickly as possible.

Tuesday afternoon I got another Email of Hilton Internet Contact Center:
Dear,
Thank you for your email requesting for a menu and table reservation inquiry. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
Unfortunately my office does not have access to the information you are requesting. I am forwarding your message to the Hilton Manchester Deansgate, as they may be better able to assist you. I am asking that they contact you at your email address regarding your request.

Today is Thursday, 48 hours later and I still have no copy of the Menu or any advice how far in advance I have to book a Table.

Do I still fancy going for a Meal with my Partner into the Podium Restaurant when I will be Christmas Shopping in Manchester
next month ??
The 4 Stars Deansgate Hilton Manchester obviously doesn’t care.

Room Tip: Just forget it and go somewhere else !!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share you feedback with us.

I am so sorry that you did not receive a reply from us, it has been highlighted that your request has not been forwarded to hotel level to allow us to fulfil your request and I can only apologise for this.

I do hope that you will still consider visiting us to enjoy a meal in Podium Restaurant and our Food & Beverage Manager would be more than happy to be able to offer assistance, he can be contacted directly on 0161 870 1772.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity to visit us and enjoy our facilities and service.