“Probably wouldn't ever return”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Booked the Hilton from 28-30 Dec 4 a Xmas pressie for the other half 2 go to a man utd game. Great first impressions, the hotel reception, lobby were stunning to look at. We were on the 9th floor with great views and the room was nice however that's where it ends, the first night in the room next door they were fighting which involved a lot of bad language. This was all clear to hear so I called reception at about 2.30am to ask them could they intervene, however nothing was done and the arguing continued on for a couple more hours, needless to say, no sleep was had!! Next day, I again reported the incident at reception. They just asked was nothing done after u called down the night before, I explained it wasn't and that I'd hope it wouldn't happen 2 nights in a row. They didn't really seem bothered and just took our room number. Thankfully there was no further fighting but we did have another sleepless night, everything can be heard so if u are looking for a rest, maybe pick elsewhere! The breakfast was horrible, stale pastries and our milk was sour aswell! We decided to have a drink in the cloud 23 bar, queued for 45min to use the lift. Once up there, the views were great but other than that, waste of time!! We got a taxi from the airport, this cost 20 pound each way! The hotel is about 20min walk to centre, shopping etc!Taxi to old Trafford was 6.50, but be aware if u get taxi back after game, they con you saying its a fixed rate because your leaving a match, cost us 15 coming back! Overall the hotel itself is nice but based on customer service, location and food would not return!

• Stayed: December 2012
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am disappointed to read your review.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your experience during your stay. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with you stay with us and our team did not act or respond to resolve your issues in a proactive manner.

Your comments have been shared and addressed with the relevant head of department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

I do hope that you have a change of heart and are able to stay with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Manchester Deansgate

Reviewed 30 December 2012

On arrival check in was quick and easy , all staff are friendly and helpful (especially evening room service)
The room was nice and large however some stains on the carpet.
Location of the hotel is good and a large car park is just next door (around 10 min drive from old Trafford)

Some small problems during our stay included our breakfast order being wrong , receiving someone else's extensive mini bar bill and finally when leaving the car park discovering no discount had been added as promised.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to learn that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff were friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our guest rooms and location, however I am very sorry that you experienced issues with you breakfast and final invoice. I trust that our team was able to rectify prior to your departure.

I hope that you are able to return to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

£19.95 per head, even for children for the dullest afternoon tea ever.
Miniscule portions, one scone each the size of very small egg, and the sandwiches and cakes were average at best.
Dirty, stained looking teapots.
I've eaten a far superior afternoon tea at The Radisson Hotel, just down the road. Fresh and tasty, great value and fab and ambient surroundings. I'll go back there for sure but I'd never, ever go back to Cloud 23.
Awful.

1  Thank ceetee62

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, following your recent visit to Cloud 23 at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am disappointed to read your points regarding the atmosphere and food offering in Cloud 23. Your comments have been reviewed and discussed with our Executive Chef and Cloud 23 Manager.

I do hope that you have a change of heart and are able to welcome you back to Cloud 23 or the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

It pains me to write this but we were terribly disappointed with our stay here. I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my wife and usually we stay at the Radisson on Peter Street. However we found a very good deal to book and pay early, £100 per night bed and breakfast which is fact turned out maybe not to be such a good deal. On our arrival and entry to the room it immediately felt and smelt worn. The lock to the door was damaged. The lock to the safe was damaged. The note pad on the side clearly had not been replaced as it had a drinks mark from the previous guest. The lock on the bathroom was missing and the tap was faulty and the plug in the sink also. We reported the faults to the tap and plug immediately however these we never rectified. It felt that we had been put in a well worn damaged room because we had booked the early deal, which was cheaper, but had we known the disappointing room waiting we would've paid full price. This is a question I would ask if you book the early deal.. Will my room be of a less standard? However if the Hilton are saying all their rooms are like this then it clearly is in desperate need of a refit.

The bed was small but surprisingly comfortable and the view was ok.

The following morning to breakfast. At first we were asked to sit in an area clearly overcrowded so we declined. We were then put at a single table alone. Very nice.. Hmmmm but as my wife sat down in her nice dress the edge of the table that resembled an old well worn school desk with bits missing and chipped caught her dress and damaged it. We noticed that most if not all the tables in the restaurant were as old and tatty.

This said breakfast was of a decent standard. The staff were of differing standards though. Some good, some bad some indifferent. The most annoying being the chap with the tea and coffee jugs swinging them up and down like he was Tom Cruise in Cocktail which was even more annoying when he tried his version of the long pour into the coffee cup that resulted in a complete mess of dribbles everywhere!!

All in all this was an average stay but a disappointment. This was like an expensive premier inn not the Hilton you would imagine. As I say it may have been our fault for trying to save some money by booking early but this did not make up for it.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

I was disappointed to read that you thought the hotel was overall disappointing and please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail your feedback and our Executive Head Housekeeping and Maintenance Manager have been made aware of your comments, particularly in relation to our overall condition.

Please be assured that our team members are trained to delivered excellent service at all times and I am sorry that this was not the case on your visit; the entire breakfast team have been addressed to ensure there is no recurrence.

I am sorry to read that you would not choose to stay with us again, however I do hope that you have a change of heart and allow us to demonstrate our normally high level of service.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed in an executive room for the Christmas markets and was absolutely superb. Staff, room, cloud 23 everything was fantastic. Only thing disappointing was breakfast, far to much oil and toaster wasn't very good, if it wasn't included in room price i would have been very unhappy to spend £18 a head for it to give us an upset stomach.

• Stayed: December 2012
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am thrilled that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be fantastic and your room was superb.

However, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast. All breakfast offering are prepared fresh each daily and are replenished on a regular basis to ensure that our guests receive a high quality breakfast. Our Podium Manager has been made aware of your feedback..

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel to experience our breakfast service at its best.

John McLaughlin

Reviewed 28 December 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night at The Hilton as part of a package trip to see Manchester United play on Boxing Day 2012. We had a room on the 11th floor which had stunning views of the city and the hills of the Peak District. The room was clean and spacious and had TV, wifi, a bathroom with a shower and bath, a t.v and safe. Very comfortable accommodation. the staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast excellent. The hotel is convenient for the car park (just across the road) and the metro which was a one minute walk away. The tram from there took us down to Old Trafford. The Hotel is very close to shops and nightlife. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David R

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate your time.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service, location and team members to be excellent.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, when you may have time to use our leisure facilities.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We had tickets to see the football at Old Trafford on Boxing Day and so we decided to stay the night before and after at the Hilton.
We had two adjoining rooms for ourselves and our son. We were quoted £30'per person per night to upgrade to the Executive Floor, we felt £180 a bit steep so declined. As. silver hhonors member we were told we were entitled to a free bottle of water and a newspaper. on querying this I was told that we were allowed to have one bottle of water between the three of us over the two nights, and despite asking for it we never did get the newspaper!
We ate in the Podium restaurant on both evenings and the food was both good and good value, though the service was patchy.
The breakfast was also of good value and quality though we had to bring to the notice of the manager that one of the waiters was placing his thumbs all over the edge of the mug which was not nice! very nice cappuccinos and hot chocolate available.
The rooms were well equipped and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and thank you for the constructive feedback that you have also included. It only through such comments that we that we are able to constantly improve our products and services.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Manchester Deansgate in the not too distant future.