“Overall great hotel”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This was a base for a New Year's Eve night out. The room was lovely, very clean although quite dark.. the lighting could be a little brighter, it was hard to see to put your make-up on!
Well situated and close to good car park.
We had drinks at Cloud 23 which was amazing.. but very pricey, fine if you're expecting it.
The breakfast was also really nice and added bonus of 1pm check out meant we could have a much appreciated lie-in!
The reception staff were very helpful and accommodating, I wouldn't hesitate to go back, but book well in advance/when there is an offer on to avoid it being too expensive for what it is.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you were able to celebrate New Year with us and that you enjoyed your stay.

I am really pleased that you were given a warm welcome to the hotel and that the reception team members on duty were accommodating to your needs.

I am glad that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer you all the amenities you had had hoped for to make your stay comfortable. However, I note your feedback regarding the lighting and we appreciate that the lights may have been too dim for you and that this is a personal choice.

I am really pleased that you were able to visit the newly refurbished Cloud 23 during your stay and that you were able to enjoy breakfast prior to your departure.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city, however we are pleased to be able to offer ‘deals’ and I hope that you are able to take advantage of one of them and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed at the Hilton on Deansgate with a large group of friends for New Year's Eve. We were looking for a hotel that was nice, but also perfectly located for our NYE celebrations at Spinningfields - we wanted to be somewhere close enough so we didn't have to get a taxi.

The Hilton is in a great location - perfect for the shops and nightlife too. The lobby is impressive, as are the views! We also kicked off the evening with a few cocktails in Cloud 23 bar - definitely worth popping in if you're staying there, it was a great bar with incredible views.

The rooms are okay. They fit the bill for a one night stay - the bed was comfortable, and the shower fine. For me, there was just no wow factor... and they're not as nice as the rest of the hotel. The rooms could do with a refurb I think - they're a little tired (stains on the carpet, chips on the furniture) so that was pretty disappointing.

If I was looking for a romantic/luxurious weekend away, then I wouldn't stay here - however, for a stay where you're hardly in the room, it fit the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up - the views are amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us; it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am really pleased that you were able to visit the newly refurbished Cloud 23, where I am sure you enjoyed the wonderful cocktails that our skilled mixologists create for our guests.

I greatly appreciate your feedback relating to our guest rooms. We have not received many negative comments regarding the repair of our guest rooms; however I can assure you that do have an ongoing preventative maintenance programme which covers all of our guest rooms.

We do hope that you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Went for New Year.. Given a disabled room!, had to ask for dressing gowns. Steam room floor dirty the same the next day. No towels available in changing area. Lock broken on toilet in spa. Room service slow, food cold and poor.
Cloud 23, New Years Eve, no still water, no count down to New Year, music poor, it was an ordinary night, no feeling of New Year, except fire works around Manchester, hotel not responsible! It cost £50 a ticket and received a free drink on arrival..

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loops_Fabs

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to detail your comments following your recent stay.

I note your comment regarding the room type allocated to you on arrival and I am sorry that this room type was not to your liking. Our confirmation highlights ‘Your room type preference will be submitted with your reservation and are subject to hotel availability’. I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

I note your comment regarding there being no robes in your room. The current Hilton Standard for our level of hotel does not insist that we provide such items as standard practise in our standard room, however I am pleased that we were able to offer you a robe on request.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Livingwell. I can assure you that the team do clean and clear throughout the day and I am sorry that they had not had the opportunity to do so as swiftly as they normally do at the time of your visit.

Please accept my apologies that your room service offering was not to your satisfaction. The kitchen brigade have been addressed and given visibility of your comments and I do hope that you accept my apologies for your disappointment.

I am disappointed to read your feedback relating to New Years Eve in Cloud 23. We have received a number of compliments relating to the festive period and I am sorry if you were underwhelmed.

I truly to hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future as I can assure you that you have not experience us at our best.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My partner & I booked the Hilton for 1 night on New Years Eve, the service at the front desk was great.. quick, friendly and efficient. We did have trouble finding the car park though. The room was lovely, really spacious and had nice views over Manchester; we were on the fourth floor.
However, the only let downs were the huge stain on the lamp, stain on the bedding which also had a huge rip and the table near the window was dusty and grimey which had obviously not been cleaned at all. Other than that, the bed is amazingly comfortable, loved the flat screen & the space of the room & the breakfast in the morning was amazing! I would go back however the cleanliness is a major let down, especially for a 4 star in the city centre.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased that you experienced a positive welcome on your arrival at the hotel and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views from the comfort of your guest room.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the housekeeping issues in your room. I can assure you that the relevant Head of Department has been made aware of your comments. I am disappointed to receive your comments as all areas of the hotel are ordinarily of a very high standard.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stopped here over 2 nights as a special trip away.
The aspect of the hotel is amazing and we weren't disappointed. We were shown to our room which was very clean as was the bathroom with some lovely complimentary toiletries.
The hotel staff were really helpful when I had caused to call down to reception they couldn't do enough to help us.
Breakfast is really lovely, there was an amazing choice and they even catered for a fussy vegetarian which doesn't happen often!
Just a couple of gripes though which should have been picked up on in a hotel of this calibre. The bathroom tap didn't work properly & this meant that we couldn't use the sink. This was only discovered while we were in there so it was inconvenient to report. Also, on checking the room prior to departure I found a box that had been left by a previous occupant on the shelf above the tv.. While this may be trivial, for the price you pay to stop here everything should be 100%

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed your guest room and breakfast.

Our Facilities team are completing an audit of all bathroom taps to ensure that they are all to standard and we would like to thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

Hilton hotels do offer great deals from time to time and we certainly hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This was our first stay at the Deansgate Hilton, working and living in Manchester we had always wanted to stay at the hotel but time hadn't allowed.

Check in was easy and as Gold members we were automatically upgraded to an executive room which was most welcome, our room was on the 23rd floor and had views across the west of the city. We decided to spend a couple of pleasant hours in the hotel's executive suite which was comfortable and had excellent views across the city centre.

Every staff member we encountered was polite, professional and courteous and were a credit to the Hilton brand.

I would happily stay here again and look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: It's worth upgrading to the Executive Floor for rooms on the highest floor and free access to th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us recently and we hope that this is the first of many.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us in one of Executive rooms and that you were able to enjoy the hospitality of the team in the Executive Lounge.

I am really pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

We too look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel is the best I have stayed at the rooms are good everything is. The pool is lovely you can't bet it.The rooms are at good cleanness and the breakfast is lovely. I would go back again. The staff are lovely and the whole hotel is beautiful and the bar called cloud 23 is great with such a lovely view.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we appreciate it.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that you had the time to use our leisure facilities.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.